St. Carnal's Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I'm bout' to rustle some jimmies in the main. Come, have a good time.

Just went through a couple threads. Initial feelings confirmed, the main fuckin blows.

If by far my largest priority was aerobic conditioning, and I wanted a challenge, a sprint triathlon would sound nice. I wonder if I could do one in under an hour?

This would be very impressive in my opinion. Not saying you couldn't do it but it would be pretty tough. What kind of splits do you think you would be capable of?

Jaunty said a sprint triathlon is "750m swim/20k bike and 5k run for 'sprint'" so it seems to me that under 1 hour would be a great time. For me the biggest question mark would be the swim, I have no idea how long it would take to do 750m. The worst part for me would be running 5k at the end because I hate running on a good day. After swimming and biking I would want to die.

Some Googling tells me that around 1:30 so would be a good time and under 1 hour is excellent.

So apparently there's a UFC card tonight? Who knew? There's not too many big names on the card which probably means it will be a great card. Lower level fighters = more chances taken and mistakes made = more KOs/Subs (usually).

So apparently there's a UFC card tonight? Who knew? There's not too many big names on the card which probably means it will be a great card. Lower level fighters = more chances taken and mistakes made = more KOs/Subs (usually).

I knew and there is Condit vs Kampann headlining which should be pretty good. Awesome to have 2 cards on same week.

Just went through a couple threads. Initial feelings confirmed, the main fuckin blows.

'There is no need to be upset'

On a serious note, the advice/comments on dropping OH Press thread was quite informative, I am still overhead pressin' though.

Natural strongmen thread is shocking.

Just signed up for another tough mudder event in April.

Has anyone ever gone to a whiskey tasting event? There's a big one coming to Toronto called Whiskey Live that I've been told is a great event. It's $80 though.

Never been, but sounds awesome. I am no groundhog expert but I like my whiskey!

Yeah whiskey is good stuff. My wife is going out of town this weekend so I might pick up a new bottle to enjoy.

I keep seeing articles about how you aren't supposed to wash chicken before you cook it. Do people actually do that? It seems bizarre to me.

This would be very impressive in my opinion. Not saying you couldn't do it but it would be pretty tough. What kind of splits do you think you would be capable of?

Swim 750m in 17 minutes (Currently), Run 5k in 17-18 minutes (When I was running regularly). Bike 20k I'm a little less certain over, but maybe 25 minutes.

I don't think I have ever poured anything over my chicken other than tasty suases and marinades...

Maybe once when I didn't thaw the chicken and I ended up pouring warm water to seperate the breasts...

I keep seeing articles about how you aren't supposed to wash chicken before you cook it. Do people actually do that? It seems bizarre to me.

Well, if I find premarinaded chicken on sale I might wash the marinade off depending what it was. If the marinade sucks it's not the chickens fault.

Boy, Legio, you sure right about your jimmy-rustling there. Put my 2 cents in, and I don't care that it's only an opinion on my behalf, because na-na-na-na-na-naaaa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back