Star Wars: Resistance (Next Animated Series by Filoni)

Watched the first two episodes. It's solid. Too early to tell where it's gonna go and how good it's going to be.

I do think the lack of any Jedi or lightsabers has the potential to make ot overall less interesting than Rebels or CW. Some of the best characters, scenes and storylines from the previous series were jedi/sith oriented.

Watched the first two episodes. It's solid. Too early to tell where it's gonna go and how good it's going to be.

I do think the lack of any Jedi or lightsabers has the potential to make ot overall less interesting than Rebels or CW. Some of the best characters, scenes and storylines from the previous series were jedi/sith oriented.
Watched the first few. I love the racing and ships of the show, and hope we get more. The characters I'm not so fond of and I'm hoping they grow on me. The main guy Kaz is very naive of course, so hopefully he smartens up. I have I think 4 episodes stacked and ready to go, just letting them build for a bit so I can binge

We don’t have to have everything revolve around Jedi and with, there is so much more going on in the galaxy to explore with all the other branches of resistance etc.

Rogue one was great and had none of it really.

I was kinda thinking they were gonna make the kid force sensitive at some
Point and that’s where his fighter piloting skills come from.

But they shouldn’t and don’t have too.

We don’t have to have everything revolve around Jedi and with, there is so much more going on in the galaxy to explore with all the other branches of resistance etc.

Rogue one was great and had none of it really.

I was kinda thinking they were gonna make the kid force sensitive at some
Point and that’s where his fighter piloting skills come from.

But they shouldn’t and don’t have too.
Good point! That's probably what they're doing, we've been so accustomed to seeing all that. So far this is just about the ships and pilots, which I love about the Star Wars universe, great ships! Maybe this is their test waters, lets see if we can make something without lightsabers and "force-sensitive" people. Of course, it might link into that side, but won't be the main focus. Curious now to see how this plays out

I caught the first 2 episdoes and liked it well enough.
I can't watch short animation shows like this on a weekly basis though, I have to watch them in bulk.
I'll be waiting till the season ends before i get back into it.

My 9 year old watched the first two episodes but has shown zero interest in seeing any more. The kid is a Star Wars nut - has watched every episode of both Clone Wars and Rebels over and over. So I asked what the deal was. He said he doesn't like the animation and the story isn't good either. Really surprised me.

Mid-season trailer. The show has been steadily getting better. 2nd half is looking promising

@90 50 @Bob Gray @Madmick

You guys still watching? Posted the mid-season trailer above, looks solid.

The season has been picking up steam, looks like the second half will be good

Yeah me and the kid watched all the ones that are out yet. He keeps asking when a new one is coming out.

It’s really growing on me.

Watched he first two, then decided to wait a bit until more episodes were available and binge through it. Glad to hear the good word of mouth.

this show is pretty bad, very infantile, lame awkward animation, meant IMO only young kids.

Is it worst than rebels? Rebels has pretty bad writing in some episode but I was still able to tollerate it but this Star Wars resistance thing based on like 3 Ep I watch it feels like I can't be bothered to watch it all.

Yeah me and the kid watched all the ones that are out yet. He keeps asking when a new one is coming out.

It’s really growing on me.
That's good that the young one is asking about the next episode! Guess Disney is doing something right.

Took awhile to grow on me but the last few episodes have been decent. Loving the ships and racing, I think Yeager is a great character too, that episode where his brother wants to race him was great

I watched the complete first season.

I'm a Star Wars supernerd. This one is definitely the most marketed towards kids, but it also has arguably the most sophisticated and realistic political intrigue. What is happening in the show is quite close to what has been happening in real life; the blunders of American foreign policy over the past 25 years, particularly.

Is it worst than rebels? Rebels has pretty bad writing in some episode but I was still able to tollerate it but this Star Wars resistance thing based on like 3 Ep I watch it feels like I can't be bothered to watch it all.
Rebels was far superior and if the writing wasnt good it was very rare. And honestly, I dont care much what ep its based on, ep3 or 33. A good writer/storyteller will make it intriguing.
This however, the whole foundation isnt very good. Though as others have stated, it does improve a little as episodes progress. Yet its still a poor car that drives in circles, only now its a bit more polished and with nicer wheels. IMO the show is too limited and characters/story remain too one dimensional. And people say its meant for kids(including me a few times). But to think about it, that is stupid, kids can understand far more than we give them credit for, so usually such shows end up just plain shallow.
btw. usually those who like SW and ST also like Marvel/DC and the like. Young Justice has returned if youre looking for something to watch. 1A show. 2 seasons are out, 3rd is now playing.

First season just wrapped up. Picked up during the 2nd half, not sure where they go with this in the second season

Anyone have any ideas on who this is?
OSz9RlO.jpg
Commander Pyre according to a Star Wars action figure website.

Does anything interesting happen in this cartoon? I'm watching the first episode on demand and not sure I want to sit thru this season. Any lightsaber wielders? Sith?

Season 2 premiere on Oct 6, Sunday on Disney XD. Final season. I hope it's better than the first season. Needs some Sith and bounty hunters.

Back