STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I felt all those points were intact in the movie already, so why are we looking forward to finding that out?
No it is not pointed out in the movie that the New Republic has additional Star fleet beyond their "Capitol" planets that were destroyed... in fact I've seen a lot of people think otherwise.

People also think that the First Order's entire fleet was destryed or damaged. That is also another thing I pointed out.

Did you know that stuff?

You could not have know it unless you were privy to outside Canon from the movie. So therefore you could not speculate that a war was ineveitable... because both sides seemingly took huge losses with the republic seemingly completely helpless.

Did you know that stuff?

I'll respond to the rest separately... I really want to know the answer to that question.

Ah, my bad.
All good. Word is that this will be her Rebel Costume:

12_Parsecs.jpg

They reach out to everyone hoping they will answer their call on time. It’s obvious this isn’t all of the resistance.
So you have the ability to understand that but you don't have the ability to understand that Snoke is the dark force that Palpatine spoke of... & you don't have the ability to understand that the First Order was built from the remanants of the Empire?

You're onboth sides of the same argument. Either you need everything spelled out for you or you don't. Which is it?
I’ve posted many times on all the foreshadowing I Saw in Finn to become a Jedi also, and maybe even possibly be stronger than Rey with training.

For me, and many others broom kid only was there to show as a teaser for Rians trilogy set in a different timeline.
That's a far reaching theory. It is not obvious & I don't think that it's true.

Broom kid is obvious. It cannot be questioned that kid has the force. Rey has the force & Kylo has the force. That's it. That's all the people for sure. Broom kid in the mix is a statement.

WE NEED TO DYE HER HAIR OR THE REBELLION IS LOST.
s-l300.jpg

HELP ME, OMBRE EFFECT. YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE.

This was an incredible scene. I went from 'oh boy, Luke just took a barrage from an AT-AT and now Kylo, who got beaten by Rey, is going to give him a fight... c'mon son", to holy shit that was awesome! One of the best twists since Sixth Sense, imo. Didn't like the Luke dying part (way anticlimactic) and the movie still sucked, but this scene...THIS scene; money.

This was an incredible scene.
One of the things I've wanted to say to people who complain it doesn't count because Luke really isn't there -- NONE OF THEM ARE THERE. It's all a movie. The stakes have always been the same. WHAT YOU SEE. LOOK. IT'S RIGHT THERE. LOOK AT IT. FUCKING LOOK, YOU LITTLE PIECE. OF. FUCKING. FUCK.

One of the things I've wanted to say to people who complain it doesn't count because Luke really isn't there -- NONE OF THEM ARE THERE. It's all a movie. The stakes have always been the same. WHAT YOU SEE. LOOK. IT'S RIGHT THERE. LOOK AT IT. FUCKING LOOK, YOU LITTLE PIECE. OF. FUCKING. FUCK.
It was infinitely cooler that he wasn't there.

The thread got bumped with the fan made poster, you were in here shortly after to bitch about it like you do whenever someone expresses their distaste with the series.
Well then, it's like I said... I got called in here. However, you're twisting my initial comment though. I commented on the reality of what they are going to make. I said something about it would be nothing more than a youtube thing at best... & no... I don't "always" come in here. I avoid this place. I've been fine letting you guys have it. I just ended up here after one comment leading to another so don't twist things to your agenda claiming I always do this or that. None of what you said is true.

That's your memory of the Solo thread? I seem to remember you desperately defending the abysmal box office performance
Lol.... I started my hater bashing campaign at least 2 months prior to Solo coming out to try & clean the place up. Once again you are misinterpreting reality. You're disputing what I said based on what I ended up doing a week after it came out. Get real & stop spewing incoherent stuff man. I get that you're trolling me, but at least try & be a little bit real here.

You're not over shit, and you haven't kicked anyone in the ass, all you've done is spun your wheels.
I really am bored with explaining thingz to trolls like yourself... I just got caught in a cycle where people keep tagging me... (& just so you know... your ass is totally kicked.:D) Nothing you say is real. You twist everything... just like you twist your own superior understanding of movies in general.

IMO.... you have been infected by over analyzation to the point that you no longer have the ability to truly enjoy a movie without thinking about a bunch of side stuff. I would hope I'm wrong... & you certainly won't admit it if I'm right... but the next time you watch a movie... just see if you even have the ability to watch it without critiquing it. Like just enjoy it for what it is. Don't think about the cinematography, or the director's choices or the lighting or the fooking whatever... just try & watch it & enjoy it how the creator intended.

It's my opinion that most of the "professional critics" on Sherdog... & likely every where else that has these types of hypercritical movie reviewers... have lost something along the way.

No it is not pointed out in the movie that the New Republic has additional Star fleet beyond their "Capitol" planets that were destroyed... in fact I've seen a lot of people think otherwise.

People also think that the First Order's entire fleet was destryed or damaged. That is also another thing I pointed out.

Did you know that stuff?

You could not have know it unless you were privy to outside Canon from the movie. So therefore you could not speculate that a war was ineveitable... because both sides seemingly took huge losses with the republic seemingly completely helpless.

Did you know that stuff?

I'll respond to the rest separately... I really want to know the answer to that question.
1. Who do you think Leia was reaching out too in the movie? It’s in the damn movie

2. Snokes shit shows up, Poe says “that’s snokes ship” implying that previously to his ship showing up not all the fleet was there.
Even before that, Poe says that’s a dreadknot, it’s a planet killer , we might not get another chance at bringing one down, implying at the very least, there are more dreadknkts out there and this isn’t the only one, and further implying there is still more first order out there.

It’s in the dang movies. Maybe you should rewatch it, I’m getting the feeling you don’t know the movie very well with what you are trying to imply.

If people didn’t get that they were more concerened with their tinder date and if their soda was empty than what the hell was going on in the movie.

Finn,
Kylo senses something in him at the very beginning, I doubt he looked around and counted and made sure every storm trooper fired their weapon.

He felt a presence, presumably the force trying to awaken in him and lead him to the light side.

That’s just the first one. Start there

1. Who do you think Leia was reaching out too in the movie? It’s in the damn movie
I have no idea what your reference to what I said is here

Leia called on the force itself for a glimpse into the future & when she was shown it... she said f*ck that... I'm coming back... & then she became a conduit to the force itself & moved her body.

Do you think Luke just jumped 24 ft. out of Han's cryochamber without being able to move his own body through space?
2. Snokes shit shows up, Poe says “that’s snokes ship” implying that previously to his ship showing up not all the fleet was there.
Even before that, Poe says that’s a dreadknot, it’s a planet killer , we might not get another chance at bringing one down, implying at the very least, there are more dreadknkts out there and this isn’t the only one, and further implying there is still more first order out there.

It’s in the dang movies. Maybe you should rewatch it, I’m getting the feeling you don’t know the movie very well with what you are trying to imply.

If people didn’t get that they were more concerened with their tinder date and if their soda was empty than what the hell was going on in the movie.

I've seen it 6 times.

On one hand you're talking about you need Snoke's back story because you can't use this same kind of logic to deduct the things about Snoke.... but then you say that you don't need background information on the military because you can deduce that they have an extra dreadnaught.

Okay, so digging beyond your sarcasm to your point... you are saying that there is at least one more dreadnaught out there & so that is equal to the information I gave you that said there is another 30 Star Destroyers. I disagree... I think I gave you more information than is presented in the movie.

Even without that... I would say that most people didn't pick that up & so it's still good to let people know that there's more First Order Military.

Now you still have not addressed the information I gave you that the New Republic has more of a fleet. It takes 2 to go to war. I've heard people who believe that the New Republic's entire fleet was on those planets that got destroyed. They also assume the entire senate was on there at the time... which was never said.

so with out referring to the information I gave you.... how does your sarcastic ass know that the New Republic has further military beyond what was destroyed in TFA?

Then the prequels came out and it was like... meh. It was much better in my imagination.
When I hear Kenobi mention the clone wars in the original film I imagine something different than what we got lul. I do this with a few things in the films. Luke and Leia are not siblings in my mind. There was never a second death star. Han was never recused from Jabba's palace. When Yoda says "there is another" it's someone we'll never met and never will.

Hell, when I watch the first film I imagine that Vader is not Luke's father and that the Emperor is not a force user. The movie doesn't make sense otherwise.
For every Godfather 2 and rise to prominence of Vito Corleone, it seems like there's a whole crap load of The Thing 2011, Terminator: Salvation and Carlito's Way: Rise to Power.
If I was walking out of a theatre in 1972 having just seen the Godfather, and someone says "I want to see how the Don became the Don" I might have slapped them. It could so easily have been bad. I think Godfather Part 2 and Empire Strikes Back were a major factor in Hollywood sequels transitioning away from cheap inferior cash-grabs.
Fair enough, but doubtful anyone knows the whole story without reading the comics. I’m not arguing, Star Wars could’ve done better with certain story introductions.
Well the point is that the whole story is in the movies. The comics tell a different story. Or more accurately different versions of the same or similar stories. You could read Thanos' comics backstory, but it's different than what we've seen in the movies. For example the whole thing with his home planet falling to destruction due to overpopulation never happened in the comics.

The comics are the source material, the movies are the adaptations (sometimes loose adaptations). There is no equivalency in Star Wars because the movies have never had source material, the books etc. were always meant to be spinoffs of the films.
All that info you gave me about the original trilogy wasn't explained in the first 2 movies
Everything I said was from the first movie alone. The first half of the first movie in fact.
That entire backstory is available to you in this trilogy as well.
As I and several others have said before, if the information is not in the film itself than it is useless. If there was so little thought put into the movies that I have to read multiple books explaining what the movies failed to, why should I give a fuck? No series should need the third film to explain the setting, and it shouldn't need supplementary material either.
n that they brought down an iconic character with someone who wasn't described.
It isn't that he is not described, it's that he is brushed aside as unimportant despite everything previously indicating he was highly important. He appears to be the cause of everything bad that has happened, yet now he's dead, killed by a guy who has already been defeated by our protagonist, so who cares what happens next?
I hope for your closure they describe that in the next movie
Don't bother. There is no closure to be had from this franchise.
unless it's Thanos. In that case we just accept that there's this big dude who can beat up Hulk without any prior background.... & his whole crew of baddies just show up & do sh*t & we know nothing about them either.
Thanos was seen previously. He gave Loki the mind stone in the Avengers, causing the primary conflict of that movie. We saw him in Guardians of the Galaxy attempting to manipulate Ronan into getting the power stone for him. We knew he was the adoptive father (kidnapper?) of Gamora and Nebula, that he trained them as killers and that he tortured Nebula when she couldn't beat Gamora in battle. We knew he killed the entire family of Drax. This was all established in multiples movies years before Infinity War. The movie itself concisely gives us his backstory and his motivations for doing what he does. Meanwhile Disney Star Wars presented Snoke as this big bad in two movies without giving us so much as a hint or a clue about his backstory or motivations. He's evil and powerful because the plot demands it, not for any actual reason.

I have no idea what your reference to what I said is here

Leia called on the force itself for a glimpse into the future & when she was shown it... she said f*ck that... I'm coming back... & then she became a conduit to the force itself & moved her body.

Do you think Luke just jumped 24 ft. out of Han's cryochamber without being able to move his own body through space?

I've seen it 6 times.

On one hand you're talking about you need Snoke's back story because you can't use this same kind of logic to deduct the things about Snoke.... but then you say that you don't need background information on the military because you can deduce that they have an extra dreadnaught.

Okay, so digging beyond your sarcasm to your point... you are saying that there is at least one more dreadnaught out there & so that is equal to the information I gave you that said there is another 30 Star Destroyers. I disagree... I think I gave you more information than is presented in the movie.

Even without that... I would say that most people didn't pick that up & so it's still good to let people know that there's more First Order Military.

Now you still have not addressed the information I gave you that the New Republic has more of a fleet. It takes 2 to go to war. I've heard people who believe that the New Republic's entire fleet was on those planets that got destroyed. They also assume the entire senate was on there at the time... which was never said.

so with out referring to the information I gave you.... how does your sarcastic ass know that the New Republic has further military beyond what was destroyed in TFA?

You need to reread what you wrote first, and reread what I wrote, and then rewatch the movie because you completely missed my point, mostly because you don’t know what happens in the movie well enough.

I avoid this place.
That's funny coming from the guy with over 100 posts in this thread.
Lol.... I started my hater bashing campaign at least 2 months prior to Solo coming out to try & clean the place up. Once again you are misinterpreting reality. You're disputing what I said based on what I ended up doing a week after it came out. Get real & stop spewing incoherent stuff man. I get that you're trolling me, but at least try & be a little bit real here.
No I remember you in there before the release trying to dictate the flow of the discussion like you are known to do. I don't recall it being very effective. Then you went into full on denial mode once it was apparent the movie was a flop.
I really am bored with explaining thingz to trolls like yourself... I just got caught in a cycle where people keep tagging me... (& just so you know... your ass is totally kicked.:D) Nothing you say is real. You twist everything... just like you twist your own superior understanding of movies in general.
You're bored yet you always come back time and time again. Nothing I say is real yet I'm giving you world building information about the OT from the first movie which you claim isn't in the movie. I twist everything yet you're the one claiming there are no more than a handful of people who dislike the movie. Please stop, the irony is just too much to bear. It's not that I have a superior understanding of movies compared to most people, it's that you have an inferior understanding of them compared to most people.
IMO.... you have been infected by over analyzation to the point that you no longer have the ability to truly enjoy a movie without thinking about a bunch of side stuff. I would hope I'm wrong... & you certainly won't admit it if I'm right... but the next time you watch a movie... just see if you even have the ability to watch it without critiquing it. Like just enjoy it for what it is. Don't think about the cinematography, or the director's choices or the lighting or the fooking whatever... just try & watch it & enjoy it how the creator intended.

It's my opinion that most of the "professional critics" on Sherdog... & likely every where else that has these types of hypercritical movie reviewers... have lost something along the way.
<WellThere>

In other words "just turn your brain off and enjoy the movie."

You're making this judgment of me based on my opinion of a couple of films?

None of the problems I have with Force Awakens and Last Jedi are "side stuff," I'm talking about the primary narrative and direction of the series.

I'm far from an over-analyzer. I watch films every week that I enjoy for what they are.

There is no way to enjoy Last Jedi for what it is though, because it is a piece of shit and an insult to fans.

Back