Social Stephan Colbert official loses ratings battle to Fox News' Greg Gutfeld

https://lastnighton.com/2022/08/31/...ses-ratings-battle-to-fox-newss-greg-gutfeld/

https://dailycaller.com/2022/08/31/colbert-gutfeld-cbs-fox-late-night/

Fox News has broken its way into the late-night landscape. The channel’s primetime show, Gutfeld! was the most successful in the television category this month.

People must be getting tired of the mean spirited leftists late night hosts.

Stephan Colbert must be furious getting beat from someone on Fox News.
Gutfield fuckin sucks.

you like the guy who argued nobody could possibly take his show seriously in court the most?

lol.
giphy.gif

Its an entertaining show, I'm not watching for enlightenment.

That's basically why he's losing to Gutfeld who has half the talent now. He lost a lot of his audience when he sold out. The Comedy Central audience that wants people to actually be smart and funny and not just corporate talking heads.

I've never seen Gutfield's late night show, but there's only so much comedy about politics I can listen to. There's not too many people who dish shit out at both sides evenly anymore. It's either all left wing or all right wing. That gets boring.

Red Eye was actually a funny show with great guests/comedians from all backgrounds. Gutfeld! is just pure boomer cringe. So bad lol.

His show is borderline unwatchable. I don't know if he's trying to be as lame as possible, ala Norm McDonald(he surely can't think his jokes are funny), but it's just terrible.

Want to test your cringe tolerance? Watch a Gufeld monologue.

Bro, let me ask you a question: Do you own a doghouse?

giphy.gif

Its an entertaining show, I'm not watching for enlightenment.

i respect you less if you watch if for entertainment honestly. not sure what is entertaining about hearing lies and propaganda levied at a certian side. at least if you believed it there would be some perceived value.

lol.

i respect you less if you watch if for entertainment honestly. not sure what is entertaining about hearing lies and propaganda levied at a certian side. at least if you believed it there would be some perceived value.

lol.

I may not lose any sleep at all over this.

It takes some real effort to have a network talk show and lose to a cable news show. Congrats to Colbert's staff for pulling it off.

The current version of Colbert is just an unfunny attack dog so him losing ground to even a Crowder type wouldn't surprise me. There's funnier and more thought provoking and entertaining stuff to be had here in our WR dumpster fire than his show. That's not a low blow, that's just reality.

Not surprising. Colbert turned into a fruitcake the last few years. I thought he was cool back in the day but something made him change

Stephen Colbert is nowhere near the level of comedy genius that MacDonald was. Comparison is disgusting imo.

Wow using Norm in the same breath as Colbert is blasphemy at best...

Umm...I was talking about Gutfeld.

Not that I would ever compare either Colbert or Gutfeld in a favorable manner to Norm McDonald(well, maybe Colbert when he wasn't a stooge). Just saying that Gutfeld's jokes are so bad, that I sometimes think he might be trying to be lame, like Norm would do. It takes a special kind of comedian to pull that kind of meta humor off, and Gutfeld ain't that guy, if in fact he's getting a kick out of pretending to be some stereotypical hack, and isn't just simply a hack.

Gutfeld is just painfully awful to listen to, is what I'm saying. LOL.

I've never seen the show or know who this dude is, as mentioned Fox news viewers are mostly 55+ in age. Not ironic all the alt-left members of this forum have admitted watching it.

He looks familiar though, I think I've seen clips of him at some point. Looks like a schmuck tbh.

iu

His numbers beat Colbert, cnn and msnbc combined so no wonder the jimmies have been rustled.

On a positive note just about everyone seems to think his show isn't that great... So at least there's that.

The current version of Colbert is just an unfunny attack dog so him losing ground to even a Crowder type wouldn't surprise me. There's funnier and more thought provoking and entertaining stuff to be had here in our WR dumpster fire than his show. That's not a low blow, that's just reality.

Attack dog is the perfect term to describe what Colbert turned into after leaving Comedy Central. He actually had good writers and funny bits at the daily show. Sadly the daily show became awful with Noah and the new writers after Jon left. At Colbert's late show it had all this propaganda injected into it and it simply became extremely fake and unwatchable. Easy for some to see through, easy for many to eat like candy.

Jon Stewart destroyed him on his own show about all the Covid bullshit he peddles to people. You can tell the crowd was caught off guard by Jon's take and tried to back up all cringe responses from Steven. Time stamped where it gets good.

Iirc wasn’t it you who posted the thread talking about how even liberals watch Fox News more than they do MSNBC and CNN, and 4 out of the top 5 shows on tv are conservative?

Dont make me get vulgar and look through your post history.
Those are main stream media?

If you had tons of right wing chud shows during this time slot competing then there would be something to brag about but that's not the case. Sorry.

<{hughesimpress}>
How many times does one have to repeat the word chud to solve their incel problem?

My wife loves the dude. Perhaps it's the chicks watching Gutfeld? Anyways, Colbert always sucked. It's funny that a cable news show is beating a broadcast news show.

Stephen Colbert is nowhere near the level of comedy genius that MacDonald was. Comparison is disgusting imo.
I don't disagree, and I just want to post some trivia. Stephen Colbert wrote for Weekend Update under Norm Macdonald for about a month (Robert Downey was Norm's main Weekend Update writer). Colbert got the writing job because he lost the SNL cast job to Tracy Morgan.

Tracy Morgan's audition character was Biscuit the child:

The I'm Not Norm youtube channel is great for a daily laugh and an awesome source of Norm trivia.

Norm was the best, can't think of a single conservative comedian off the top of my head who comes close right now and Norm was very conservative by Hollywood standards.

How dare you disrespect Tom Myers, a comedian, like that.

Back