Media Stephen A Smith vows to respond to the bullsh*t from Rogan.

Why can’t people accept he was hurt early, stunned and finished without calling into question the integrity of cerrone who is a fighter. It’s pathetic.

Because that would be not using your grey matter. There is plenty of reasons to call into question the integrity of this fight, before the fight even started. Then it plays out like that...Cerrone did not show up to fight. Intentional or unintentional, consciously or subconsciously, he didn't want to fight that night so deserves to be lambasted. He got paid well though. Only losers are the fans who expected a good fight or a vicious knockout. When it was over, my reaction was like cerrones cornerman in the thrill agony video, or like john kavnagh. No emotion, just meh, thats it? Lame. I wasn't impressed with anything conor did, and cerrones ability to take any damage or throw his arms, something fighters usually do, was lackluster to say the least.

Fired ? SAS won't get fired. Are you nuts. That clown attracts too much audience. Maybe he just shouldn't cover MMA. Joe is right. His type of punditry where he trash talks athletes doesn't belong in MMA.
Why not? Mma fans already trash talk fighters more than any other fans do to other athletes. The athletes themselves trash talk their fellow fighters more than athletes do in other sports. The fucking president of the ufc trash talks his own fighters. But God forbid an analyst doesn't put on the kid gloves before he says something critical of a precious mma fighter

I would if I could remember which thread it was in. In any case, Cowboy took undefended strikes to the face which, predictably, resulted in some very mild injuries. People are acting like he got his face smashed in and that's why he crumbled. Not true, and he was not 'rocked' by running into Conor's thigh either lol. Not fighting back or defending himself was a conscious choice. I have no idea why this is a point of contention because we have the actual video that we can see with our own eyes. He threw one of the weakest kicks I've ever seen and that's it. 1 strike thrown/0 landed. He refused to defend A SERIES of silly shoulder shots and even appeared to beg for more, and of course he failed to defend himself in the most obvious way, by initiating a takedown when he had the chance.
Honestly pathetic commentary. Again you’re questioning his integrity and ignoring anything that supports him just getting beat. He himself said he was stunned right away.

So stop saying possible if you can’t link it and everyone else can.

screen-shot-2020-01-18-at-11.43.03-pm.jpg

Stephen is a parasite. He is paid to add drama to sports. Plain and simple.

He literally had one bad showing in his last 8 before Conor. He dominated the #4 guy in May.
You look too much into "rankings". The most impressive accomplishment of Iaquinta are his wins over Kevin Lee and him surviving against Khabib. Besides that he has not done fuck else.

Stephen is a parasite. He is paid to add drama to sports. Plain and simple.

No. He says things other people in his line of work are too scared to say in fear of getting fired. Most people know their bosses want them to be positive and being negative is unacceptable. Stephen don't give a shit.

To be fair I don't think Stephen A Smith wants to even discuss MMA but ESPN paid him alot of money they're going to use him to discuss everything. So I don't think it's fair to be too critical of him because he's not knowledgeable of the sport. If anything ESPN should be getting the blame for putting SAS in that position. But they won't for obvious reasons.

I think Joe is more upset that Stephen said he could have done better which is crazy. Conor would have made him crumple after the first punch he throws.
When did he say he could have done better??? That thread I made was a made up caption.

Stephen A Hole responding to bullshit? bullshit is the only thing coming out of him

I thought thats what he said when he was hitting pads in the infamous video?
No, not at all. Not even Stephen A. would say something so blasphemous. I just thought it sounded funny next thing you know I have a thread full of angry sherdoggers. I even edited the OP to let people know that it was NOT a real quote.

You look too much into "rankings". The most impressive accomplishment of Iaquinta are his wins over Kevin Lee and him surviving against Khabib. Besides that he has not done fuck else.
Yeah beating lee and mas and destroying lauzon isn’t anything. You’re not thinking straight.

Rogan doesn't want anyone to downplay Conor's win and that's based on the directions of UFC/Dana most likely. Fuck Conor/UFC/Rogan.

Fired ? SAS won't get fired. Are you nuts. That clown attracts too much audience. Maybe he just shouldn't cover MMA. Joe is right. His type of punditry where he trash talks athletes doesn't belong in MMA.
He tells the truth, and cupcakes like you can’t handle it. You’d rather listen to that dipshit Rogan tell you that every fighter in the octagon on fight night is the GOAT, and the most amazing fighter the planet has ever seen. He’s an IDIOT. Stephen A doesn’t gargle Dana’s balls and shill for the UFC like Joe does.

No, not at all. Not even Stephen A. would say something so blasphemous. I just thought it sounded funny next thing you know I have a thread full of angry sherdoggers. I even edited the OP to let people know that it was NOT a real quote.

He basically did say that (or at least alluded to that) at the fight when he said "I could have ran for 40 seconds" when talking about Donald's performance.

I don't have any vitriol for Joe or SAS like most people here seem to have. I even have to say that SAS acknowledged he was "corrected" about what they learned from the fight when Rogan disagreed with him in real time.

SAS is a sports commentator. MMA is a sport. He isn't an expert, he is often very hyperbolic -- I don't really see the "story" here. It would be nice if he punched a little less terribly lol

Rogan doesn't want anyone to downplay Conor's win and that's based on the directions of UFC/Dana most likely. Fuck Conor/UFC/Rogan.

Thank you. He had STRICT orders from Dana to hype up Cerrone so when he got crushed, it would look like a much bigger deal than it was.

motherfucker has no clout in the game. that's the problem.

this isn't going to bode well for Smith, because MMArtists will back Joe up.

Why can’t people accept he was hurt early, stunned and finished without calling into question the integrity of cerrone who is a fighter. It’s pathetic.

Because he’s an average fighter at best and his performance was disgraceful.

Back