Stipe is intimidated

Whoa, I found that hard to believe.

Had to take a look. DC opened as favourite but the odds swung.
I know it because I took DC at even money the night of the fight with the biggest bet I’ve ever made in sports

Ridiculous. It’s almost more ridiculous that he opened as a favorite and then swung, speaks to the intelligence of fans. Rumble is better than Ngannou too

That's because you are only looking at it as win/loss and using that as the measurement. Stipe was in danger the whole fight. He won yes, but he took damage from glancing blows that almost put him out. He basically has to fight a near perfect fight vs someone like Ngannou. That isn't easy to do. Like people say, just one mistake and Stipe is out cold. Stipe is skilled don't get me wrong, but people are underrating the difficulty level in this fight for Stipe. Stipe was no where near finishing Ngannou in the first fight. Judgin from the first fight I don't think Stipe can finish Ngannou, but Ngannou can finish Stipe. Stipe most likely has to make it through 5 rounds to win, it's not as easy as people are making it out to be.

He had a rnc and the bell rang. Would have been a finish

really he said that ? That quote from one of the Embedded's or something?

Here is what he said in the pre-fight presser THREE YEARS AGO :

It's almost an EXACT copy of your above quote. He's an idiot. Look what happened last time. Stipe doesn't give a fuck.

He's an idiot ? Are you talking about Francis ?

Wilder realistically won the first fight so that’s a bad example...

Anyways I think this fight is a 60/40 Francis favor.
If I gets past the 3rd I think stipe wins

Lolwut. Fury got robbed in their first fight.

He didn’t watch it, only saw the knockdown
Good one. You’re just a terrible troll

I watched both fights. Fury “won” the boxing exchange. But he got knocked down and the count was slow... he 100% lost assuming all things are fair with counting.

he put on a clinic in the rematch.

Good one. You’re just a terrible troll

I watched both fights. Fury “won” the boxing exchange. But he got knocked down and the count was slow... he 100% lost assuming all things are fair with counting.

he put on a clinic in the rematch.
No. He didn’t. First fight was a lucky draw for wilder, he got blessed.

The thing is, Ngannou’s wrestling doesn’t have to improve to Stipe’s level. It just has to improve enough-

enough to stuff a TD that leads to a KO in the following standing exchange.

Enough to grab an underhook that yields a quick return to standing, or a whizzer or a switch to create an opening for a sweep or reversal. (Ngannou in top position could be a wrap)

The factor that has me leaning Ngannou is how minor the adjustments he needs to make really are in the grand scheme of things.

He had near misses on hooks and wide uppercuts last time. The adjustment to instead throw uppercuts directly up the middle is so obvious it is painful, and if they miss they set him up for underhooks, should Stipe shoot.

and yes, fear and intimidation is perfectly natural. Francis is likely fearful and intimidated too, if he doesn’t have anxiety about the possibility of gasping for air and having to fight out of bad positions... well, he should.
That gets said about every striker/grappler matchup. Even Conor/Khabib, tons of people were saying Conor has the start of each round and just needs small improvement in TDD to get the KO. Stipe is already a better boxer than Francis, and the grappling is obviously levels apart. An early TD from Stimocic will make Francis think twice about throwing bombs when they stand back up, and he'll obviously gas much sooner. This is an early KO from Ngannou or a long night of being potshotted and grapple fucked.

Are you betting on this ? How confident are you stipe wins?
Haven’t decided, I’ve bet on him in every title fight he’s been in though. I usually bet last minute. As an underdog the smart money is on stipe for sure

Of course Stipe is not intimidated. All pressure is on Francis because he knows this is make or break for his status as a fighter.

Doubt he’s intimidated. Or any fighter really for that matter. More of the anxiety, the nervousness, the waiting.

Back