Stop looking at mass killers as unique murderers... How to really stop this..

Saying something will never happen isn't an argument. Also, you're just deflecting from gun control onto mental health. This is bullshit propaganda 101 for gun fetishists.

You'd have to be straight up illiterate to not understand why the first reason on your list will never come to fruition. Try harder, you're shtick is used up.
I think it could, and possibly will. There's no reason it couldn't.

Any type of DV. Even minor.

I think the age of ownership and purchase should be raised to 21.

Any history of violence initiated by the purchaser.

Purpose as well.

Also, current gun ownership.

No more than 3 guns per home.
DV is already on that list I am pretty sure of things that won't allow you to even touch a firearm part. Not just the whole complete gun but people convicted of DV FEDERALLY you can't even pick up like the trigger pin from an AR-15 that is on the floor without running the risk of re-arrest and being charged with a crime.

No issue with age of ownership though I think if we do that we should bump recruitment age up to 21 then too. It creates another of those "at 18 i can hold a military gun and get killed but can't have a beer or personally own a gun for another 3" situations.

So... say I am 40 and I had a fight at school that caused me to get a Juvie case that finished as like disorderly conduct disqualifies me? Seems ridiculous

No sure what that 5th one even means really, so if you could expand.

Last one is laughable. Say I have a .22 rifle, 9mm handgun, and a 12 gauge now I can't go get a deer rifle without selling one of the guns I have? Lol take a hike with that one.

lemon drizzle cake
Ingredients
Serves: 12

• 110g (4 oz) butter
  • 170g (6 oz) self raising flour
  • 4 tablespoons milk
  • 170g (6 oz) caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon
  • 3 tablespoons icing sugar
  • Method
    Prep:15min › Cook:50min › Ready in:1hr5min
    1. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and line a 23x13x7cm cake tin.
    2. Beat the butter, flour, milk, sugar, eggs and the lemon zest (reserve the juice for the drizzle) until smooth and creamy. Pour cake mixture into prepared tin.
    3. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
    4. Heat the lemon juice in the microwave for 45 seconds, and stir in the icing sugar. While still hot in the tin, pour the lemon juice mixture over cake. (Alternatively, if it is poured over cool cake, it gives a glaze to the top.) Enjoy.

I think it could, and possibly will. There's no reason it couldn't.

I'd love to bet anything of your worldly possessions on this but I acknowledge it would be unfair to demand a drop dead date from you. Unless..... of course..... you're willing to commit to date?

You're correct, to a degree.

It's why I included 'Due Process' in the OP.

I think we should mark suicidal people as unfit to carry a firearm, but if they wish to go before a jury of their peers, they should have that right. The mental health professionals should have to argue beyond a reasonable doubt that the person is unfit to carry a weapon.
This is what you said: "#2 - Lift some of the HIPAA laws when it comes to mental health. Gun vendors should see flags if a person has any suicidal marks in their record"

Why would I want gun vendors to have access to my private health records every time I buy a firearm? By saying that gun vendors should have access in order to conduct the checks that you have proposed, you are inherently making me choose between my Right to Privacy and Right to Bear Arms. Since I have not committed a crime, why should I have to choose between my rights at this juncture? This would be unconstitutional.

Mass shooting is absolutely not just another suicide method. I'd say it's mass homicide that often results in the perpetrators committing suicide.

You're having tunnel vision because of your political beliefs. You claim to not ignore the other factors, but that is exactly what you are doing.

How is it not a suicide method? Clearly, you can provide one mass shooter with at least an escape plan?

Cruz was cutting himself for years, depressed, blogged about suicide...

Please, elaborate on what I'm not addressing.

Even if you were right, your ideas wouldn't catch many of these kids. They're always described as "loners" and "quiet". Are we going to be profiling introverts now? There should be more support when they need someone to talk to, but how do you flag a kid for being weird? Seems like that's a pretty clear Second Amendment violation, without clear diagnosis.

This is what you said: "#2 - Lift some of the HIPAA laws when it comes to mental health. Gun vendors should see flags if a person has any suicidal marks in their record"

Why would I want gun vendors to have access to my private health records every time I buy a firearm? By saying that gun vendors should have access in order to conduct the checks that you have proposed, you are inherently making me choose between my Right to Privacy and Right to Bear Arms. Since I have not committed a crime, why should I have to choose between my rights at this juncture? This would be unconstitutional.

I didn't mean full disclosure of medical records. What I mean is *flags* from your medical record. If you have a suicide attempt on record, that should flag you for being unfit when a background check is performed. If you have a history of cutting, or self-harm... *a red flag* should appear on your background check. It wouldn't even have to tell the dealer what it is, but it should disqualify you from the purchase of guns.

How is it not a suicide method? Clearly, you can provide one mass shooter with at least an escape plan?

Cruz was cutting himself for years, depressed, blogged about suicide...

Please, elaborate on what I'm not addressing.
Their primary goal is obviously shooting up the school. Influenced by suicidal ideation, yes. "Just" another suicide method? No.

Even if you were right, your ideas wouldn't catch many of these kids. They're always described as "loners" and "quiet". Are we going to be profiling introverts now? There should be more support when they need someone to talk to, but how do you flag a kid for being weird? Seems like that's a pretty clear Second Amendment violation, without clear diagnosis.

It would catch Cruz, both Columbine shooters, James Holmes (aurora), Cho Seung-Hoi (Virgnia Tech), and definitely would have caught that weird little Sandy Hook fucker.

It's not going to catch everyone - nothing is... but this is a practical first step towards curbing these incidents.

He's not even thinking about it like that though. This is just pure bullshit, straight from some right wing blog.

I knew a kid in junior high who was mercilessly bullied and killed himself in the woods, not far from my dad's house. He poured gasoline on his body and lit himself on fire. He died, in agony, in an ambulance on the way to the hospital.

This kid had every justifiable reason to want to do violence against his bullies, the bystanders (like me) as well as the teachers who knew what was going on (particularly in gym) and did nothing to stop it.

Yet this kid made a conscious decision to turn all of that hatred and anger and despair against himself, alone, in the most horrible way possible.

To in any way compare the actions of that kid to the actions of someone like Harris or Cruz is an abomination.

Their primary goal is obviously shooting up the school. Influenced by suicidal ideation, yes. "Just" another suicide method? No.

If the primary goal was to shoot up, or damage the school, why wouldn't they use other tactics? Why wouldn't they at the very least have an escape vehicle?

No school shooter, to my knowledge, has ever even attempted to return to a vehicle. You don't find that somewhat strange?

I knew a kid in junior high who was mercilessly bullied and killed himself in the woods, not far from my dad's house. He poured gasoline on his body and lit himself on fire. He died, in agony, in an ambulance on the way to the hospital.

This kid had every justifiable reason to want to do violence against his bullies, the bystanders (like me) as well as the teachers who knew what was going on (particularly in gym) and did nothing to stop it.

Yet this kid made a conscious decision to turn all of that hatred and anger and despair against himself, alone, in the most horrible way possible.

To in any way compare the actions of that kid to the actions of someone like Harris or Cruz is an abomination.
I 100% agree.

If the primary goal was to shoot up, or damage the school, why wouldn't they use other tactics? Why wouldn't they at the very least have an escape vehicle?

No school shooter, to my knowledge, has ever even attempted to return to a vehicle. You don't find that somewhat strange?
Would you say suicide bombing is just another suicide method, or would you classify it elsewhere?

Furthermore, do you think a suicide bomber's state of mind is identical to people who (try to) commit suicide?

I didn't mean full disclosure of medical records. What I mean is *flags* from your medical record. If you have a suicide attempt on record, that should flag you for being unfit when a background check is performed. If you have a history of cutting, or self-harm... *a red flag* should appear on your background check. It wouldn't even have to tell the dealer what it is, but it should disqualify you from the purchase of guns.
I 100% disagree with this.

You're a moron, and an asshole, but we already knew that.

Would you say suicide bombing is just another suicide method, or would you classify it elsewhere?

For the most part, it's inspired by ideology.

I think it's a completely different animal from what we're seeing in America.

It would catch Cruz, both Columbine shooters, James Holmes (aurora), Cho Seung-Hoi (Virgnia Tech), and definitely would have caught that weird little Sandy Hook fucker.

It's not going to catch everyone - nothing is... but this is a practical first step towards curbing these incidents.
How is proposing "common sense" steps to curb school shootings working out for you Byron?

This thread is a good example of what "Common Sense gun control" is to the left.

1. National firearm database.
2. Expanded background checks.
3. Purchase tracking(guns and ammo)
4. More than certain number of rounds of ammo needs to be stored at your gun range where you're a member.
5. Incredibly stringent securiyy requirements for storage of guns and ammo. Fingerprint ID safe mandated, ammo storage at gun ranges above military standards.
6. All assault rifles made illegal.
7. 25 to own a handgun.
8. Make personal firearm resale illegal.
9. Make commission of a crime with a stolen gun a criminal penalty for the owner of the gun that was stolen.
10. 5 round max capacity magazines.
11. Gun buyback for existing assault, auto, and other combat weapons.
12. No more gun shows. Period. Only authorized gun sellers who meet the highest requirements will be allowed to sell guns.

You've already demonstrated in more than one thread you don't have much of a clue about gun legislation. Maybe you should educate yourself before pretending to know what new infringements will accomplish whatever amount of deaths you'll find acceptable. Can you even say how few deaths will be required before you stop going down the slippery slope of more, more, more?

Suicidal people definitely shouldn't be possessing guns. That's just a recipe for disaster.

Sure, most suicidal people might not harm others. But they will harm themselves. And having a gun at hand gives easy access to a person to kill themselves in a moment of depression.

The truth is that you can get rid of most of America's gun violence by addressing the problem with:

A. mentally ill people
B. people who are part of a criminal gang

Back