Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

MSA-025569-Cara-Buono-389x600.jpg

Dustin befriending Dart was the dumbest shit I have ever seen. What kid who experienced everything he did would think oh look this little slug monster is so cute, let me keep it.

Just finished this season, really enjoyed it. Obviously there was some really dumb stuff, but it worked because the show has great characters that you actually give a crap about. Great music, special effects, and what they're really good at is having a hot ending for every episode. I hated episode 7 though, fuck. I hope they don't follow that lame storyline next season. The whole "group of outcasts" thing was so fuckin cringe. But I enjoyed all the other episodes. Steve ended up being the best character on the show, which I never would have predicted in the first season.

We were convinced that Bob was some kind of government plant, basically right up until he got killed. I usually was skipping the intro, and then I guess for whatever reason on the last episode I didn't and I noticed Paul Reiser's name. I'm like, holy shit I didn't realize that the scientist was Paul Reiser! I guess that's what happens when you don't see the actor age in front of your eyes. Haven't seem him on screen for like 20 years.

Creepiest scene of the whole season was that private investigator getting a couple of high school kids drunk and then encouraging them to fuck in his spare room. Wtf was that? I know that the high school kids in this town are all in their late 20s, except for Jonathan who looks like he's about 38, but still that scene was fuckin weird.

Just found out that the actor who plays Billy is from my home city in Australia. Crazy, I thought he was American.

Dustin befriending Dart was the dumbest shit I have ever seen. What kid who experienced everything he did would think oh look this little slug monster is so cute, let me keep it.

That's what people did in the 80's.

Its even stupider that Dart just happened to be in his trash can

Shit writing

Just finished season 2. I knew after season 1 it wasn't going to get better, the whole show is just built on nostalgia fumes to begin with. It's light on plot, and what little story there is, is shamelesslyy ripped off from other things. Even the opening theme is a direct ripoff. That said, I still enjoyed it. Even episode 7, which everyone seems to complain about. This was not as good as season 1, but not much worse. Mindhunter stole the crown for best netflix show this year for me though, that one is flat-out great.

Season 2 was about 8/10 imo... It never really got me excited like season 1 did tbh...

Her bathtub scene was great. I was really hoping that the douchey guy would bang her with the cuck dad on the couch.

obviously it wouldn't have shown anything, but imagining what happened would've got me pretty rock solid.

I got the feeling that Kali had mind controlled that gang to be with her. Maybe she is a secondary antagonist in the next season?

I thought season two was excellent. Maybe almost as good as season one. I can’t wait for the third season so I can watch the whole thing in one day.

I am probably being a bit too cynical here, but I don't think Kali will grow her powers any further. She is older than Eleven and obviously knows how to control her powers. I think what you see is what you get with Kali.

What would be interesting if Eleven goes heel for some reason. Like full on Carrie crazy. Now THAT would create something interesting, a character that powerful no longer being one of "the good guys" . That would force the entire cast to do something important.
I doubt they will go that way, though. Too "Phoenix Saga".

Why are people saying this show is played out already though? As though there are no more veins of 80s nostalgia to mine besides the Goonies and ET... They've got the Breakfast Club, Red Dawn, the aforementioned Aliens and Carrie... all sorts of homages and plotlines they could use.

S2 was a letdown after the phenomenal first one (how could it not be, with all the expectation) but I could care less if the kids aren't cute anymore.

Just finished season 2. I knew after season 1 it wasn't going to get better, the whole show is just built on nostalgia fumes to begin with. It's light on plot, and what little story there is, is shamelesslyy ripped off from other things. Even the opening theme is a direct ripoff. That said, I still enjoyed it. Even episode 7, which everyone seems to complain about. This was not as good as season 1, but not much worse. Mindhunter stole the crown for best netflix show this year for me though, that one is flat-out great.
Heh yeah, for me Mindhunter was this year's Stranger Things. Went in cold and was blown away.

I started Stranger Things s2 right after it, still wanting more, and it was like drinking orange juice after brushing my teeth. On their own, either is fine, but in that order, it's not enjoyable.

I doubt they will go that way, though. Too "Phoenix Saga".

Why are people saying this show is played out already though? As though there are no more veins of 80s nostalgia to mine besides the Goonies and ET... They've got the Breakfast Club, Red Dawn, the aforementioned Aliens and Carrie... all sorts of homages and plotlines they could use.

S2 was a letdown after the phenomenal first one (how could it not be, with all the expectation) but I could care less if the kids aren't cute anymore.
Well, my grief is that unless s3 takes a radical u-turn it's gonna be the same crap all over again. The tentacle/spider creature from the upside down will try to come to earth from the upside down, creepy shit will ensue, 80's refferences left and right, one of the kids will get involved with the monster somehow(probably the kid that got possessed, again)," oh no, the world is about to end, what will we do????" cue Eleven mean mugging the big bad while swatting the monster henchmen like they're fucking roaches and destorying the main monster, s4 set up/teaser and roll credits.There, I just wrote the script for season 3.

It took me like 3 or 4 episodes before I already knew how the season ends. And I'm sure there's people who figured it out even sooner. I think that's a big problem with a character as powerful as Eleven(who according to the "because science" dude is probably one of the strongest telepaths/force users in all fiction). You have to create shitty mini missions for her just so your 8 ep season doesn't end in like 5 minutes. Which brings me to my point. IF they do something new and unusal with Eleven, like turning her heel or maybe having her die(even if it's only for an episode or two), that would create some intrigue and at least disbelief to some degree.

Last edited:
Only two episodes into season 2 and underwhelmed but I have to say I can’t recall ever seeing someone do drunk talk as well as Natalia Dyer. That was a hell of a performance.
Also I wanna bone Winona Ryder badly. She doesn’t age.

Back