Stranger Things Season 3 (Premieres July 4)

This season wasn't as good as the first season, and there were a lot of unnecessary additions such as Max and her step-brother. Bob was basically there to be a convenient plot mover, and since it seems the show wants to eventually have Joyce and Hopper hook up, they killed Bob off when he wasn't needed anymore. I agree that episode 7 was a letdown, but I think this group was brought in to give us a glimpse of possibly where season 3 is headed. I'm not sure how much more the show can pit the characters against the evils of the upside down since we've just seen two seasons of them battling it and winning. I feel another season in this same vein could get boring.

I foresaw the setup of Dustin befriending Dart that would lead to a later occurrence in which Dart would help him in some way, but instead they just had it where Dustin lays candy down for him and then he just walks by him. I thought this was a lame payoff for the build up. Also, I don't get why Dart had an individual personality of his own when it seemed as though everything from the upside down was connected in one form or another, therefor having a hive mind and hive senses, I suppose. The writing seemed to be a little too loose with this aspect.

Either way, the show was still kinda fun to watch, and I still liked the characters and their interactions with each other. I'm not saying it's a bad show, just that it seems to be slipping now.
Good review. I just read this. Youre right about ep 7 thats what I was thinking too. The whole Bob thing was a let down for me too. I also don't understand how the demigorgans broke through all the windows and walls (like dart did in dustins cellar) of the hospital when entering but were trapped inside the hospital by the entrance doors when hopper and wills mom escaped. Kind of loose writing like you said.

Enjoyed season 2. Lucas and Steve were my favorite characters this season. I enjoyed the addition of max and the roided brother. Felt bad for Bob, I like Sean Astin, was glad to see him in this season.

I also don't understand how the demigorgans broke through all the windows and walls (like dart did in dustins cellar) of the hospital when entering but were trapped inside the hospital by the entrance doors when hopper and wills mom escaped. Kind of loose writing like you said.

Yes. I thought the same thing. I was thinking, “Um...didn’t we see that these things can bust through concrete and who knows what else when Dart escaped from the basement, but glass doors on the front of a building are impenetrable? What the...?”

They better let Steve win a fucking fight next season

season 1: 8/10
season 2: 7/10

just concepts stolen from Stephen king, alien, and elfin lief/akira.
nothing new and exciting
everythings borrowed from something

its about execution imo

Liked season 2. It was good but I quickly realized that for this point forward every and all monster problems are gonna be solved by Eleven using the force to kill the main monster of the season with side characters being literally useless. Also wtf happened to Winona Rider's acting between season 1&2? She has a perpetual constipated look on her face throughout the entire season. The biggest improvement was the Billy character. He was hilariously stereotypical and it worked perfectly. Him and Steve need to do something about the sexual tension between them in season 3.... no homo. That quick not so subtle spin off attempt was the biggest case of ".. ehh" I've ever seen. I'm fascinated that they managed to butcher such an interesting idea.

Overall it's a 6/10 season that basically just existed so they can set up season 3 and 4. I really hope they give the side characters something interesting to do because the entire season quickly turns into " so when is eleven gonna come in and start fucking shit up?" waiting game.

1000 replies

this shit went platty.

and bob just dies? Wtf. Thought he was gonna turn out to be a bad guy or something

I was actually thinking this too. I was expecting him to be a mole for the research lab, but nope. He’s just the guy needed to move the plot.

Also, I’m seeing a lot of love for Steve in this forum, but I found it to be lame that the show kept making it known he has a baseball bat with nails in it, yet he doesn’t do anything cool with it. What’s the point of him having it then?

Now that I talk about it more, season 2 was actually junk. Production quality was way better than season 1, but the story seemed hashed together too quick. Literally nothing advances in the first 5 episodes of season 2, the storyline was exactly the same as season 1. The last two episodes were the best, but too little too late imo. Zero interest for season 3.

Liked season 2. It was good but I quickly realized that for this point forward every and all monster problems are gonna be solved by Eleven using the force to kill the main monster of the season with side characters being literally useless. Also wtf happened to Winona Rider's acting between season 1&2? She has a perpetual constipated look on her face throughout the entire season. The biggest improvement was the Billy character. He was hilariously stereotypical and it worked perfectly. Him and Steve need to do something about the sexual tension between them in season 3.... no homo. That quick not so subtle spin off attempt was the biggest case of ".. ehh" I've ever seen. I'm fascinated that they managed to butcher such an interesting idea.

Overall it's a 6/10 season that basically just existed so they can set up season 3 and 4. I really hope they give the side characters something interesting to do because the entire season quickly turns into " so when is eleven gonna come in and start fucking shit up?" waiting game.

Eleven is powerful but she can be overwhelmed. She would have easily died if they didn't set that fire off in the tunnels. Plus she can only use her powers for so long. I expect the next threat will require both her and her sister to team up and defeat it. I suspect the next threat will also be worldwide and not just the town.

Finished it
Started out bad, got good in the middle and then episode 7 killed any monentum it had and it stayed terrible the rest of the way

Did they ever explain why the sheriff got in the car at the end of season 1?
Dont remember an explanation

All in all it fuckin sucked
Such a dissappointment after an amazing season 1

Just finished episode 6
Glad I stuck with it, getting a lot better
Stopped reading through the thread to avoid spoilers but I saw some people are unhappy with episode 7, looking forward to seeing what all the fuss was about

I didn't care much for this season, but TBH, I don't really get the immense hate for that episode.

A little out of place, perhaps, and predictable, but nothing offensively terrible or anything.

I didn't care much for this season, but TBH, I don't really get the immense hate for that episode.

A little out of place, perhaps, and predictable, but nothing offensively terrible or anything.
It just completely takes you out of the show right when things are getting good
Its a fuckin Marvel pilot plopped right in the middle of Stranger Things and it destroys all the momentum the show was building
Different setting, different mood, different storyline
Plus it completely changes Eleven, which had to happen eventually I guess, but it was just too much all thrown at you at once
Hated it in ST2, may have been alright as a standalone pilot

Well, I never thought things were getting all that good, so maybe that's my problem.

I think the show is going to get a lot worse as it goes on. To me, it's clear that they didn't have much to continue the story, and build on the mythology with. It's coasting on it's "Remember Spielberg movies?" cast, and they got lucky that none of them hit puberty for season 2. When they hit it, the show is going to lose so much of it's charm.

Its a fuckin Marvel pilot plopped right in the middle of Stranger Things and it destroys all the momentum the show was building
Different setting, different mood, different storyline
Plus it completely changes Eleven, which had to happen eventually I guess, but it was just too much all thrown at you at once
Hated it in ST2, may have been alright as a standalone pilot

Yea the one thing I can say about that episode is it was just to rushed. Hey here's my sister ok I'm leaving bye.

Finished it
Started out bad, got good in the middle and then episode 7 killed any monentum it had and it stayed terrible the rest of the way

Did they ever explain why the sheriff got in the car at the end of season 1?
Dont remember an explanation

All in all it fuckin sucked
Such a dissappointment after an amazing season 1

The sheriff got in the car to make a deal with the government\scientist. Basically keep everything hidden and quiet and they'll keep all the shit out of the town.

Well, I never thought things were getting all that good, so maybe that's my problem.

I think the show is going to get a lot worse as it goes on. To me, it's clear that they didn't have much to continue the story, and build on the mythology with. It's coasting on it's "Remember Spielberg movies?" cast, and they got lucky that none of them hit puberty for season 2. When they hit it, the show is going to lose so much of it's charm.
I agree that its all downhill from here
For me, the charm of season 1 was completely gone this season
Before the season started I said the trailers look like its moved from a tense suspense filled mystery thriller into a full blown monster/horror movie and thats pretty much what happened
Now we'll prolly be headed into comic book territory with all the sisters reuniting as a superforce revenge squad or some shit
Oh well at least I'll always have season 1

The sheriff got in the car to make a deal with the government\scientist. Basically keep everything hidden and quiet and they'll keep all the shit out of the town.
Well that makes sense I guess

Yeah not as good as season although I enjoyed it. At least the CGI got better. I had no problem with Will being the "victim" again as it was a direct consequence of season 1.

Eleven is powerful but she can be overwhelmed. She would have easily died if they didn't set that fire off in the tunnels. Plus she can only use her powers for so long. I expect the next threat will require both her and her sister to team up and defeat it. I suspect the next threat will also be worldwide and not just the town.
That's an interesting idea, but I think they will save that up for maybe season 4 or 5. Plus, Kali can't really do much to the monsters. She could create illusion to distract the monsters, yes, but Eleven can snap their shit in a second and be done with it. Also, I sense a "Eleven is getting more and more powerful" theme going on with the show. Meaning that a certain point she should be able to kill whoever is the big bad in like a minute without much effort. So that would mean they will have to create plot convenient reasons as to why she can't just kill the monster right then and there.

tl;dr- too me it all boils down to will they give everyone else that isn't eleven something worthwhile to do in the future seasons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back