STREET FIGHTER V-v6:CE - 2020 Summer Update. Dan, Oro, Rose, Akira and ??? Join the cast.

Hey guys, how good is akuma with zoning?

Zoners, in order, IMO

Menat > Guile > Sim

Akuma can zone with his red fireball, but that’s about it outside of V-Trigger. He’s really meant to be played up close. If you want a zoning Shoto, Sagat is dropping later in the year.

I play on getting it this Friday. Was gonna get it sooner but I really couldn't spare the money. I think I'm gonna play this with a zoning mind set since I generally have a hard time with SF mechanics.

Zoners, in order, IMO

Menat > Guile > Sim

Akuma can zone with his red fireball, but that’s about it outside of V-Trigger. He’s really meant to be played up close. If you want a zoning Shoto, Sagat is dropping later in the year.

So his jumping fireball isn't good or is that his red? I don't get SF technical terms yet.

So his jumping fireball isn't good or is that his red? I don't get SF technical terms yet.

His jumping fireball is good for mixups and a round steal, but it’s way better in VT. When you’re not in VT, you can’t back jump and toss out a fireball, but in VT you can. He also shoots two out.

His red fireball is grounded only and depending on the strength of the button (low punch/medium punch/heavy punch) will determine how many hits you get (1-2-3).

Ryu is probably the best zoning shoto, but his recovery frames suck so you need to space correctly and have your DP’s on deck.

I've won a round that way. The issue is that launching the knife feels too slow to work as a normal anti-air, so if the Akuma player comes in with a normal jump in Cody ends up eating a combo. Maybe I should start holding on to the activation and use the pause to pick between launching the knife and vskill.

I've won a round that way. The issue is that launching the knife feels too slow to work as a normal anti-air, so if the Akuma player comes in with a normal jump in Cody ends up eating a combo. Maybe I should start holding on to the activation and use the pause to pick between launching the knife and vskill.

I personally haven’t played much with VT1, but you might be right. I would watch to see how Automattock uses it in a live match. Should give you some different avenues. I’m having trouble doing his st.mk > cr.mp > zonk. I’m curious how people are holding their buttons because I’m finding it really weird.

I personally haven’t played much with VT1, but you might be right. I would watch to see how Automattock uses it in a live match. Should give you some different avenues. I’m having trouble doing his st.mk > cr.mp > zonk. I’m curious how people are holding their buttons because I’m finding it really weird.
On pad, I would use fierce because I have it mapped to both a shoulder button and one of the face buttons. I also don't think it's very useful in neutral outside of aa. I'd probably use fierce on stick as well. I'm thinking hold fierce with my ring finger, mk with my thumb (which is how I usually do it), cr.mp with my middle finger and then let go.

I haven't really used zonk at all as a combo ender, but I probably would if I was running dirty coach. I'm guessing it's good if you're going for a reset?

On pad, I would use fierce because I have it mapped to both a shoulder button and one of the face buttons. I also don't think it's very useful in neutral outside of aa. I'd probably use fierce on stick as well. I'm thinking hold fierce with my ring finger, mk with my thumb (which is how I usually do it), cr.mp with my middle finger and then let go.

I haven't really used zonk at all as a combo ender, but I probably would if I was running dirty coach. I'm guessing it's good if you're going for a reset?

Well EX-Zonk is +3 but you really have to mash cr.mp after because the timing seems really strict. I get beat out a lot if I don’t. The regular zonk is -2, but people will forget that. The EX is great for corner pressure and two bar combos. It’s also really good if you buffer it after a st.lk confirm.

Oh yea, how do you do the wake-up dirt throw and what exactly is it used for? Is it a defense mechanism for him?

Well EX-Zonk is +3 but you really have to mash cr.mp after because the timing seems really strict. I get beat out a lot if I don’t. The regular zonk is -2, but people will forget that. The EX is great for corner pressure and two bar combos. It’s also really good if you buffer it after a st.lk confirm.
Those are on block though, right? I was thinking about on hit. I use ex zonk to get in and frame trap with jabs/tick throw, but I haven't worked it into any combos.

Bad spray is just a 3 frame wake up option so you can test the opponent's meaties. I think it's up and all three punches.

Those are on block though, right? I was thinking about on hit. I use ex zonk to get in and frame trap with jabs/tick throw, but I haven't worked it into any combos.

Bad spray is just a 3 frame wake up option so you can test the opponent's meaties. I think it's up and all three punches.

Yea, those are on block. So the EX you can cr.mp into a punish if they hit a button.

Thanks for that, I think I may try it out. What a weird 3-frame lol. Have you used it?

Regular Zonk is +2 on hit. I wonder if it leaves you close enough for command grab. Unfortunately all his medium buttons would lose to a 3 frame button. Crouching jab has good range though.

Yea, those are on block. So the EX you can cr.mp into a punish if they hit a button.

Thanks for that, I think I may try it out. What a weird 3-frame lol. Have you used it?
Not yet. I think you only get access to it in vt2, and I've only tried vt1.

Looks like it might just be one punch instead of 3. I should try out VT2 and be super basic with it. No rock setups, just command grabs.

Regular Zonk is +2 on hit. I wonder if it leaves you close enough for command grab. Unfortunately all his medium buttons would lose to a 3 frame button. Crouching jab has good range though.

I know that I’ve seen people use it with command grabs but the EX is preferable I think. I just started using commands and rock setups. My muscle memory still needs a ton of work.

Bad spray is available regardless of vtrigger, but it's only available off neutral quick rise. The timing on it is also super weird. you pretty much have to put it in right after pressing down or 2 punches. Maybe that's where I got the 3 punches thing from earlier (probably somebody's way of waking up (2 punches) and then having bad spray come out by simultaneously holding up and the final punch button).

I always press down, and it seems to come out fine if I basically do a noncharged flash kick motion with a punch.

Bad spray is available regardless of vtrigger, but it's only available off neutral quick rise. The timing on it is also super weird. you pretty much have to put it in right after pressing down or 2 punches. Maybe that's where I got the 3 punches thing from earlier (probably somebody's way of waking up (2 punches) and then having bad spray come out by simultaneously holding up and the final punch button).

I always press down, and it seems to come out fine if I basically do a noncharged flash kick motion with a punch.

What can you get off it?

What can you get off it?
If you land counter hit you can get anything that links from jab/crouching jab.

I haven't practiced any confirms off of it because I was messing around with knife juggle combos. I know you can get jab target combo though, so I'm guessing cr.lp, cr.lp, ruffian will work.

Yea the LHW division is not the best but there are some up coming animals it looks like. I think heavyweight is UFC’s worst division. There are some literal butterballs there.

I believe that a prime Gary Goodridge would be top 5 in the UFC today.

Saw this earlier.

k8uKMvSnh_B8ahUxn8vefcqOYpC6JN98REKaGisXll0.png

Back