Street Harassment in NYC

as a general rule, women are not emotionally weaker than men. all sorts of women dominate men via emotions. patently stupid comment.

it's forced on them to decide between who's problematic and who's just fucking around, and i can understand it's frustrating and also scary, depending on your experiences and personality.

and yeah, women are essentially porcelain dolls atleast for a fit male above 6 200 lbs..

everyone should practice situational awareness but not everyone has a huge fucking target on their back. most women shouldn't go out after dark all by themselves in big cities.

^ thebluerider, just pointing out that they will be easily flustered/scared when confronted compared to men, pretty obvious i am not talking about all facets, like fucking dominating men emotionally. why am i even bothering

as a general rule, women are not emotionally weaker than men. all sorts of women dominate men via emotions. patently stupid comment.

We can only say this based off of our own experience.
My experience completely contradicts this.
In my place of work I've seen numerous women breaking down in crying fits for random reasons.

In my 12 years at this bank I can't think of 1 time I ever saw a guy just sobbing at his desk.

^ this guy gets it.

"patently stupid", if you want to act emotionally like a woman don't drag me into it.

Men never get jumped or mugged? You guys who live in big cities, do you not keep an eye out for shady situations? The whole, women have to worry about being safe but men dont is pretty untrue imo. Yes, men may be better equipped to defend themselves, and most likely dont have to worry about being raped, but they still have to keep an eye out for other shady people.

so when someone cries, the are being emotionally weak? you guys are clueless.

@dirtypablo^ i think you just answered your own question. they're better equipped, don't have to worry about being raped, there's countless reasons for why it isn't as big of a burden for a man.

@thebluerider

350x232px-d4837514_Point_over_your_head.jpeg

so when someone cries, the are being emotionally weak? you guys are clueless.

Blue,
I would wager it lacks propriety for one to cry at their desk in the workplace.

So, if you were to see that and think it's a sign of being "emotionally stable" I'd have to wonder.

But again, you plucked the context away from my mention of crying and then lumped "clueless" on top. So, you're either intentionally stupid or unintentionally stupid.... but either way.

it's laughable for someone who suffers from severe depression to call a woman who might have cried at work emotionally unstable. you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

it's laughable for someone who suffers from severe depression to call a woman who might have cried at work emotionally unstable. you don't have any idea what you are talking about.

It is emotionally unstable and I do have an idea what I'm talking about.

But glad you mentioned it...
I actually suffered with intense anxiety (depression went along with it).... and it was brought on by an inability to properly handle stressful situations and acting too emotional.

Thankfully I have a way to address that. One that involves not getting so wound up in stressful things. "Being cool with it" so to speak.

So, from my vantage I see significant more women with this issue than men.
Am I very much in the position then to speak on it.... over you.

It is emotionally unstable and I do have an idea what I'm talking about.

I don't think you do, really.

There are some studies out there on estrogen and how it affects the mind. I've said it before on Sherdog, but, basically, men don't have a full emotional range. Saying men are emotionally stable is like saying deaf/blind people aren't easily distracted.

Estrogen allows for a much fuller emotional experience. This isn't even counting the male social conditioning that blunts us.

I don't think you do, really.

There are some studies out there on estrogen and how it affects the mind. I've said it before on Sherdog, but, basically, men don't have a full emotional range. Saying men are emotionally stable is like saying deaf/blind people aren't easily distracted.

Estrogen allows for a much fuller emotional experience. This isn't even counting the male social conditioning that blunts us.

So based off of 'some study' you've concluded all of that?
Sounds like a really bad idea.

@dirtypablo^ i think you just answered your own question. they're better equipped, don't have to worry about being raped, there's countless reasons for why it isn't as big of a burden for a man.

It may not be as big of a burden, but to say the burden isnt there is false imo.

men and women are wired differently. that's not an issue, but a biological fact. women are not going to act like men, that's why you are clueless.

men and women are wired differently. that's not an issue, but a biological fact. women are not going to act like men, that's why you are clueless.

Thanks for backpeddaling from the claim that they aren't more emotional than men though.

^thebluerider i can't tell if you're trolling. the line of thinking i can derive from your poisiton is absurd.

you almost straw man in that you intentionally isolate a part of the posts and skew the perspective so it's completely literal instead of conceptual. you're very intellectually dishonest and arrogant.

almost like an autist or a mentally stunted person taking analogies literally. i can't help but think you are either a simpleton or an obnoxious asshole.

your posts are just thin-air statements and generalities mixed with random insults.

Men never get jumped or mugged? You guys who live in big cities, do you not keep an eye out for shady situations? The whole, women have to worry about being safe but men dont is pretty untrue imo. Yes, men may be better equipped to defend themselves, and most likely dont have to worry about being raped, but they still have to keep an eye out for other shady people.

That's not an opinion, it's a fact. Most murder, assault, and robbery victims are men. So yea aside from rape, a man has more reason to be cautious of something bad happening to him walking along the street than a woman does, regardless of the retarded size argument.

I'm glad almost all of us agree though that what this woman faced in that video was definitely not harassment, besides that one asshole who walked beside her for 5 minutes or so. But even then that was a very, very mild form of harassment. It's just sad that feminists and morons consider compliments and attempts at normal interaction to be harassment these days.

Back