Media Strickland doesn't think Navy Seals can last a week training with him; Navy Seal reacts

Strickland fights in a fancy little octagon with tight shorts and prances around with his shirt off, hugging, grinding, tapping other men with his jab with a referee in there to keep them safe. It’s a game and he has rules he needs to follow while soldiers literally fight in wars and it’s a matter of life and death.

Real combat > shirtless wrestling, hitting
Yup

I saw something on the History Channel (I think) where the first thing they had to do was tread water in a circle for 45 minutes while passing around a medicine ball. That would disqualify of 100% of Sherdoggers lol.
That's nothing compared to some of the other shit they got to do.

Strickland seems dumber and dumber every time he speaks. Especially dumb when it’s something meaningless like this. One isn’t the other and it doesn’t matter.

I've never seen a thread with more dumb takes coming from both sides. Y'all should stfu sometimes.

Even if the guy can last a week he still dresses like a douchebag.

I’m aware but it’s the fact it’s the very first thing they have to do is something 99% of the population can’t do.
Surfing most my life so if in my prime I might of been able to do it being how much experience I got in the ocean and the shape I was in. I could also hold my breathe for a long time underwater not sure of I would make the 3 min mark I think is needed but I would be close n could of made that with training . Some of the other shit though I still think I would have rung bell within a few weeks.

Steroids ≠ Bodybuilder.

One of the biggest steroid cheats of our lifetime...
View attachment 1031727

I have no idea what Special forces soldiers take or dont take. But steroids have the ability to help you heal and recover faster. Mental and physical toughness can't do shit for you if your body is broken. I remember a popular Crossfitter saying the same thing "Crossfit isn't about being a bodybuilder. Steroids wouldn't help us." And anyone who believes that is fucking retarded.

I don't think armstrong is the best example here. While he has admitted to, or did test positive for corticosteroids, his drug of choice was EPO, which is designed more toward giving you an aerobic advantage than giving you a strength advantage and building muscle.

I heard from the grapevine, once winning the CrossFit Games became lucrative, PED’s became a lot more inviting…

I think you're right. As you can see from this article, the number of people testing positive during the crossfit season increased from 2 in 2010 to 19 in 2018. It appears to tail off after that, which means to me that the athletes started making even more money, thereby allowing them to pay someone to help them beat the tests one way or another.

American military seem like such obnoxious people. Legends in their own mind they are.

Last edited:
What a stupid pissing contest.

Neither one of them is likely to last a week in the others world, NOW, being thrown in the deep end, as they are both trained and conditioned for their individual circumstances.

Both the elite military and crazy ass Strickland have proven they can endure under high pressure and pain and fairly extreme circumstances so I would imagine if either had chosen from the preliminary stage to go the opposite route, either would have likely succeeded, just as they did in their own field.

As far as dumb pointless shit to get feelings about, this is particularly dumb.

Jesus, what a stupid thread. Everyone, including Sean, seems to be conflating, have Sean beat the shit out of a guy for a week with the training Sean actually does. I guarantee Sean's training partners aren't going into every round of sparring with the intention of proving a point to beat him down as much as possible. Saying a SEAL would have CTE after day two is just stupidity - who tries to give their training partners CTE? Its as stupid as saying, well Sean couldn't hack it in SEAL training because they would just shoot him - that's not what SEAL training is, just like what Sean is talking about isn't what his training is.

And, yes, as others have said a huge part of SEAL training is mentally beating you down - Sean has the emotional maturity of a child - he would have a mental breakdown the first time someone teased him about his daddy.

The overwhelming majority of navy SEALS could make it through a week of hard, professional level MMA training, if it was conducted the way an MMA fighter actually trains, where the others are there to help not hurt. Sean would never make it through SEAL training because he's a scared little boy who crumples when his trauma is brought up.

Love Strickland but as other posters have already said there is no comparison. Seals don't have the luxury of rest days and recovery during their most challenging phases of training.

It's literally torture and seeing how long you can survive. Where as mma training is extremely controlled right down to the duration sleep time and meals etc. None of which you are guaranteed in Seal esque training.

Sean is right though. He would break them in training, and although their training is tough, hundreds of people survive it. So why can’t Strickland? He may survive but they never would.

Sean is the only professional MMA fighter in the world? Other people don't survive professional mma training as well?

I'm sure he would defeat almost any Navy Seal, but BREAK them? I don't expect he would break many. I would think a week of their training would break him though.

Why is it that someone that was once a mere drama queen is now somehow commendable?

That's the one thing all of Sean's interaction have in common- always stirring up some kind of drama.

Sean is right though. He would break them in training, and although their training is tough, hundreds of people survive it. So why can’t Strickland? He may survive but they never would.
When you think about how many ppl survive MMA training on a weekly basis, compared to those surviving SEAL training, it's pretty clear which has the higher breaking bar.

I believe you could train ANY navy seal to make it through a week of training with Sean, even if it took years to train them to that level. I don't think you can train MOST MMA fighters, including a psycho like Strickland, to survive a week of Seal training. Most would wash out due to injury, etc..

Reading Goggins' book where you read about him running for 10s of miles with a knee the size of a grapefruit, after barely being able to stand up initially.... MMA guys don't generally have that kind of resolve. They respect injury and limits waaaaaay more than Seals do and it makes sense. One is paying for a gym membership to hopefully be great, and one is trying to survive with his life and his buddies' lives. The stakes, and the mindset that aims for them and that overcomes them, is very different than the mindstate of most MMA athletes.

That said, that seal would prob never become MW champ of the world due to lack of specific skills and the time to learn them, so Sean can pride himself in his learning and ability. But when it comes to sheer grit? He's not out-gritting a seal. Goggins did pull ups until his palms were half ripped off of his hand (google the pics). MMA fighters are NOT DOING THAT, lol. They know when to stop. Seals may not know when to stop because when you're facing life and death, not knowing when to stop might be a useful skill, unlike when you're fighting for a prize.

BUDs Instructor - Sean, pick up the slack or I'm going to have to beat you like your daddy did
Sean - Starting to have a mental breakdown
BUDs Instructor - Don't start picking at your gums either baby, otherwise we'll call your daddy here to get you to stop
Sean - full mental breakdown, cries and says that's not fair lets be nice

Sounds like two dumbasses who have to get in dick measuring contests to validate themselves.

Honestly, why do they fucking care? SEAL gets his ass whooped in hand to hand combat because he will 99.99999% never need it in his life. Sean would run around like a headless chicken in a war zone and get killed.

It's almost like it takes time and effort to develop very specific skills.

Back