Strickland vs Anderson / does it say anything about MW overall

Strickland cant out wrestle him and has no legitimate knockout threat, so yeah, he would get pieced up. Anderson is not Izzy.

Prime Anderson Silva was dangerous from the start until the end. I suppose Sean could jab his way to a decision but that would've been a pretty small chance in my book. I honestly can't imagine Strickland throwing jabs the entire fight without Anderson figuring out an open and getting his own shots in. This is an easy fight fight for Anderson

Reactions: mkt
Sean would win.

Anderson and Izzy are a lot alike.

Sean marches him down and crowds him, so the ninja stuff is snuffed out.

Sean is the real champion.

Sean is a low level fighter. Anderson fights well off an opponent's lead jab, which is all Sean has.

Easy work, late round 1 ko for Spider.

Izzy can't fight against a counter counter fighter but don't let that fool you into thinking Sean has something for Anderson.

RIP Strickland Era.. Shorter than the Machida Era. Almost like we never knew you :)
Hey you know the ufc and its judges are selective when applying that dumb 'you gotta really beat the champ to best the champ" unoficial rule. Sean didnt lose that fight buddeh

Strickland has essentially zero chance of a finish here, so we’re basically talking the odds of him winning a decision. I’d say conservatively 85-15 Anderson and really only because age was starting to take its toll on him by the Bonnar fight. Younger Silva is probably more like 95-5.

Bisping fought a very old, post-champion Anderson after he suffered a brutal leg break. The Andy who fought Bonnar was definitely better. Having said that, Anderson was 37 when he fought Bonnar (more than a bit of age on him) and was getting too comfortable dropping his hands and letting his opponents tee off on him. I'd say that version of Anderson beats current Strickland 60-80% of the time.

The version of Anderson who destroyed Leben up to the version who embarrassed Forrest beats Sean 100% of the time or close to that....as long as he doesn't clown most of the fight like he did a couple of times (Maia, Leites). I don't think he'd do that against a guy like Strickland who'd be trying to jab him the entire fight, though. I think Anderson would take it much more seriously, like he did against Hendo and Belfort.
Except sean fights nothing like forrest whatsoever

Except sean fights nothing like forrest whatsoever
I never said they fought similarly. But if Forrest was so easy to KO (which is what Andy made it look like), how did he have wins before Rampage and Shogun before that?

With the way Strickland plods I think his lack of offensive angles and foot speed would let Silva dictate the striking. Strickland was walking in circles against Pereira and against DDP he let DDP escape off of angles due to his own slow feet. I know Bisping had success against Silva but Bisping had footwork and as shown by his KO over Rockhold was showcasing his own elite striking with skills that don't really reflect Stricklands style.

I think as long as Silva stays humble on his striking with respect to Strickland he should be able to stick and move and punish Strickland at odd angles.

Silva by decision.

I never said they fought similarly. But if Forrest was so easy to KO (which is what Andy made it look like), how did he have wins before Rampage and Shogun before that?
I mean I don’t even think he beat rampage so
shogun isn’t as good as people think he is

Comical for anyone to seriously give Sean a shot at beating prime Andy. Watching

the highlight reels of both shows how many more KO weapons Silva had.

Then again, Serra did KO GSP once, so on any given night a miracle's possible.

Prime Anderson melts Sean
Lmfao ..what are we talking about here?

Prime Silva vs Strickland ? .

Lmfao .. ANDERSON BY K.O ANY ROUND .. ..

Theres no way in hell Strickland touches or beats Prime Silva ...

Y'all must be drunk
Fr, prime Andy melts Strickland

Lmfao ..what are we talking about here?

Prime Silva vs Strickland ? .

Lmfao .. ANDERSON BY K.O ANY ROUND .. ..

Theres no way in hell Strickland touches or beats Prime Silva ...

Y'all must be drunk
Yeah I think people are comparing Prime Anderson Silva to Izzy and how he did against Sean when they should be comparing him to how easily Alex KOed him. Anderson KOs him in the first round

Sean would win.

Anderson and Izzy are a lot alike.

Sean marches him down and crowds him, so the ninja stuff is snuffed out.

Sean is the real champion.
Anderson is a faster Izzy with more power and one of best finishers of all time. Sean would get the trauma front kicked out of him

Sean is a low level fighter. Anderson fights well off an opponent's lead jab, which is all Sean has.

Easy work, late round 1 ko for Spider.

Izzy can't fight against a counter counter fighter but don't let that fool you into thinking Sean has something for Anderson.
Alex vs Sean is a lot closer to what Silva vs Sean would look like, not Izzy vs Sean

Not sure why Strickland needs to be compared to Anderson Silva. It’s clearly a massive edge for Anderson.

Strickland uses a solid defensive boxing style with the jab and forward pressure. He’s good at it but in truth, it’s nothing Anderson can’t handle. He’s fought more diverse and vicious strikers and dominated.

Stricklands more interesting asset has been his anti grappling. He’s just completely shutting down grappling threats with his style.

Matching Anderson up against modern day champs like Strickland could be fun, but really he outclasses 99 percent of fighters resumes with his own for a reason. Hes a goat

Anderson hurts him on the feet middle/late first or early second, then submits him.

The Anderson who fought Bonnar was at LHW, so that's an unfair advantage in this match up, IMO.

Strickland doesnt overextend
Strickland always checks kicks
he has great distance control

its closer than the old heads are pretending
if ddp can blast his midsection with kicks
you dont think anderson can?

anderson has like all the striking tools
elbows knees jab high kick
low kick
front kick
almost all imaginable technique he has

he also can knock anyone out