Swimmer gets disqualified for celebrating

Should he have been disqualified?

• Total voters
This isn't surprising anymore. Commies hate excellence.

That's absolutely moronic. The guy next to him was already done swimming and wasn't interfered with.

Ross Dant, who was interviewed as the 'winner' afterwards, handled that perfectly and is a great teammate.

Most likely this is a hard rule in that sport. No going into another lane. I assume he didn't know that was a rule after a clear win.

It stinks all around. Especially if it keeps him from competing in the NCAA championships. Hopefully they change their mind.

Seems like they followed the rules as written. I don't see what the issue is.

In elementary school we had races to determine who the fastest kid was in each grade and that kid would win a frozen turkey for Thanksgiving. In one heat I was matched up against a girl and I beat the brakes off that bitch.

However, I wanted to celebrate early so I turned around and tried to do somewhat of a backflip over the finish line. Landed on my neck and it really fucking hurt. I played it off though and still looked pretty cool.

In elementary school we had races to determine who the fastest kid was in each grade and that kid would win a frozen turkey for Thanksgiving. In one heat I was matched up against a girl and I beat the brakes off that bitch.

However, I wanted to celebrate early so I turned around and tried to do somewhat of a backflip over the finish line. Landed on my neck and it really fucking hurt. I played it off though and still looked pretty cool.
Did they still give you the turkey? Was it thawed out by the time you woke up from you self KO??

Kid breaks a record, he's full of adrenaline and celebrates...gets disqualified.

What in the blue fuck?

Exactly, it's very trivial for them to react in that manner. I know they have rules, but this one I'd let go. I don't think his celebration influenced the race at all.

Exactly, it's very trivial for them to react in that manner. I know they have rules, but this one I'd let go. I don't think his celebration influenced the race at all.

Yeah, this doesn't make much sense to me sir.
The guy on the side of him didn't seem to have an issue with it tbh.

Most likely this is a hard rule in that sport. No going into another lane. I assume he didn't know that was a rule after a clear win.
Every swimmer knows that rule. Especially any distance swimmer of his caliber. He was just lost in the moment.

Every swimmer knows that rule. Especially any distance swimmer of his caliber. He was just lost in the moment.
Oh dam didn't realize. I thought it was a weird rule most guys didn't know about. Man what a mess up. If he is disqualified the time he put up is no longer in the books.

Oh dam didn't realize. I thought it was a weird rule most guys didn't know about. Man what a mess up. If he is disqualified the time he put up is no longer in the books.
Every swimmer knows the rule, and every swimmer thinks it's dumb. Hopefully, the NCAA has an appeal system in place to reverse this disqualification. No competing coach would dare to challenge it. Swimming is very much a sport ruled by an ethos of honorable conduct.

Imagine all the training and preparation that goes into swimming that kind of distance. To loose it for this nonsense is beyond BS. Cut the dude a break.
true, but on the other hand, due to the ACC's fuckup, millions of people are now aware he won when that would not have happened otherwise. Silver lining.

Every swimmer knows the rule, and every swimmer thinks it's dumb. Hopefully, the NCAA has an appeal system in place to reverse this disqualification. No competing coach would dare to challenge it. Swimming is very much a sport ruled by an ethos of honorable conduct.

ryan-lochte-not-going-home.gif

Back