Teh Chris wins, thoughts on the multiple eyepokes? *** MERGED ***

Do you not know what unanimously means or were you being ironic?
Yes, it means that everyone with a brain agrees. Is there anyone who doesn’t have Anderson as the greatest middleweight of all time?

Chris Eyedman has got no shame. Celebrating like he landed some brutal KO of the year candidate. He's so delusional if he thinks he's back or has any shot at competing for the belt.

I'm glad he's healthy but he's so far gone from what he was.

Saying he really didn't push into Bruno's eye with the first poke.

Complaining about being poked too when he poked Bruno the second time. Punch from Bruno, Poke from Weidman.

Lecturing Bruno on not going down after he 1-2 eyepoked him.

The Chris is definitely going on the shit list now.

Yes, it means that everyone with a brain agrees. Is there anyone who doesn’t have Anderson as the greatest middleweight of all time?

Saying that he's "unanimously ridiculed by mma fans" in an argument with an mma fan that was supporting Weidman was great comedy, but I see that it was unintentional.

I always knew this guy was a shitbag since celebrating when Anderson broke his leg, a totally amoral individual, a wins a win to the Weidman.
He never was celebrating. How come it’s ok for Anderson to celebrate giving guys brain damage. People were happy to see his showboating ass get knocked out, it was karma.

Chris won me money but Bruno got fucked with the eyepokes

We only call homecooking when its not on American soil but Bruno got Murrica'd

A 2023 account who seems completely clueless about the sport, what a shock.
Probably been a fan longer than you. Why would anyone take your opinion seriously, you support steroid cheats, Andy and the guy in your AV. Let me guess Jones is the goat?

Nah your just mad he emasculated and knocked out Anderson and beat the living shit out of him twice
Most people expected Weidman to beat Silva, just not in the style he did it.

CTE caught up to him during the Rockhold fight and he's fought like a crash test dummy ever since. Pretty sad his best performance of the past decade was an eyegouging win vs 1-5 in the past 6 Bruno Silva.

Most people expected Weidman to beat Silva, just not in the style he did it.

CTE caught up to him during the Rockhold fight and he's fought like a crash test dummy ever since. Pretty sad his best performance of the past decade was an eyegouging win vs 1-5 in the past 6 Bruno Silva.
This wasn’t his best performance. The dude is 40 years old in a young man’s division

Well he poked him in the eyes like 3 times before the poke finish.

Who knows how much those eye pokes badly damaged Silva's eye for the rest of the fight. Silva being fouled non stop can change the momentum in favour of the guy doing the fouls in the fight quickly.

And the referee is standing right next to them in plain view of the action ffs

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I agree in slow motion from this angle you can see the eye pokes.

In real time watching in HD from the live broadcast, I had absolutely no idea he eye poked him. I could give a fart in the wind about Chris Weidman winning this fight, he should be retired.

Frankly its absurd to assume the ref could see this in full speed / real time and Bruno CRUMPLED TO THE GROUND like he got cracked with a punch. If you're saying you don't think he got clocked until you saw the replay, I think you're full of shit.

I agree in slow motion from this angle you can see the eye pokes.

In real time watching in HD from the live broadcast, I had absolutely no idea he eye poked him. I could give a fart in the wind about Chris Weidman winning this fight, he should be retired.

Frankly its absurd to assume the ref could see this in full speed / real time and Bruno CRUMPLED TO THE GROUND like he got cracked with a punch. If you're saying you don't think he got clocked until you saw the replay, I think you're full of shit.

I think this is right but there has to be a way to appeal the result when it's this evident.
Like when Bo Nickal kneed that guy in the balls and just got away with it.

It was announced on the broadcast that the commission did not declare it a TKO, rather that the eye poke meant the fight had to be scored up to that point.

Chris clearly won the first 2 rounds - even if there was a point deduction he still wins.

Not a great ending to the fight and you hate to see it, but Bruno should absolutely NOT have crumbled to the ground and rolled around. That is the wrong move and was likely the difference in getting a point deduction, 5 minutes to recover and continuing to fight, and losing on the spot.
Give me 3 eye pokes and I bet I can make you turtle

Back