Terence Crawford vs. Errol Spence Jr. July 29th

I've been rooting for Crawford and I'm from Texas. Spence's fan base is despicable and annoying as fuck. Equally despicable the way derrick James was behaving at the press conference, but at least it was entertaining
Bud was all class at the presser too right??

Prize fighting tends to draw some less than ideal characters lol

How accurate are these scales? A high number of fighters end up weighing exactly the limit, which seems really unlikely. Is it possible that the scales are rigged to show everyone from say 147.0 to 147.5 as weighing 147.0? There's a lot of money to be lost from that extra half pound.

How accurate are these scales? A high number of fighters end up weighing exactly the limit, which seems really unlikely. Is it possible that the scales are rigged to show everyone from say 147.0 to 147.5 as weighing 147.0? There's a lot of money to be lost from that extra half pound.
There is usually several scales around all calibrated within a couple ounces of the officials. Once theyre dialed in theres no reason to go even a fraction of an ounce lower than the limit.

I've been rooting for Crawford and I'm from Texas. Spence's fan base is despicable and annoying as fuck. Equally despicable the way derrick James was behaving at the press conference, but at least it was entertaining

What are Spence's fans like? How different to Crawford's?

I have known Errol since he was an amateur. He changed a lot after he won some titles. I get that it is natural, but if you knew people before you were something and were cool with them, don't act stuck up with them after

i didn't know bud until after he was champ. he was always prickly. only once at a hall of fame event was i around him when he was being friendly around those who were not necessarily in his circle. he also holds the distinction of having my single worst interview

but yea, the fans have turned me to have a slight rooting interest for Bud

I've been a Spence fan since he was a novice, and yeah he 100% changed after becoming champ. Even crashing the Lambo really surprised me, I didn't think Spence was the type. He seemed laid back and low key.

Crawford being prickly is a very good way to describe him. Do you think he's not very sociable but actually a decent guy, or do you think he's actually just a bit of a knob? :D

The more I think about this fight, the more I think one of two things happen. Either Bud reminds the world why he is truly a special generational talent, or bud gets shut down and exposed, kind of embarrassingly.

I hope it’s the former

You now think this is more likely than the closely contested fight people are expecting?

It's not like Crawford's ability is so unknown for that to be the case. He has fought several of the same opponents even if they were Errol's leftovers ;)

However it is an interesting style matchup that's hard to really envisage in the ring, as such yeah I wouldn't be shocked if one of them really takes over the fight.

Last edited:
You now think this is more likely than the closely contested fight people are expecting.

It's not like Crawford's ability is so unknown for that to be the case. He has fought several of the same opponents even if they were Errol's leftovers ;)

However it is an interesting style matchup that's hard to really envisage in the ring, as such yeah I wouldn't be shocked if one of them really takes over the fight.
Yeah idk, could be a classic like GGG/Canelo 1

It's funny b/c I don't think most of us have too clear of an idea who will win this or how it plays out, but I also don't think Bud or Errol have much of an idea either. The respect they've shown each other shows that they both know the other is a legit threat and I honestly don't think they are sure how this shit is gonna go either. Big fight time.

I have no idea.

The guy is a trainwreck.

Jermell said in an interview that their personal relationship had deteriorated to the point where they were barely talking away from boxing events before the first Castano fight.

So it's not surprising that their wives are fighting.
Jermells wife seems like a garbage person too but she does seem loyal at least. Definitely not the kind of chick I'd want to raise a family with or anything though, but I guess she compliments jermell well

The more I think about this fight, the more I think one of two things happen. Either Bud reminds the world why he is truly a special generational talent, or bud gets shut down and exposed, kind of embarrassingly.

I hope it’s the former
I don't think Spence is capable of just shutting out and exposing Crawford. It will be close and competitive or if anyone gets exposed it will be Spence

I don't think Spence is capable of just shutting out and exposing Crawford. It will be close and competitive or if anyone gets exposed it will be Spence
I think both of them are well beyond being exposed. These guys are top dogs/talents and have shown that already.

This just determines who the top dog is. Theres no shame in losing to the best of the best.

Bud was all class at the presser too right??

Prize fighting tends to draw some less than ideal characters lol
Crawford probably would have been better off ignoring what was being said to him but at least he was responding and not starting shit. He even tried to deescalate but then said fuck it when he realized there was no reasoning with these people. And derrick James, he's not the one who's going to be in there fighting either so why is he resorting to little childish insults to the opposing trainer? This guy is what in his 50s already?

Spence via being pissed he lost that coin toss. He legit seemed upset about it when Ariel was interviewing after the weigh ins haha.

What are Spence's fans like? How different to Crawford's?
Spence's fans are ldbc types. Passionate but often delusional, racist, always talking shit and believe there fighters can't lose, even against fighters several weight classes higher. Of course when they do lose, they will always make excuses.

Crawford fans are mainly also black American and other people from Nebraska and the Midwest but they aren't ldbc. Even look at how Crawford fans interact with Spence, they are mostly just talking shit and having fun. Whereas Spence fans act hostile and aggressive like they really want to start some shit with Crawford

There is usually several scales around all calibrated within a couple ounces of the officials. Once theyre dialed in theres no reason to go even a fraction of an ounce lower than the limit.

How many chances do they have to get under the limit before there's consequences?

I think both of them are well beyond being exposed. These guys are top dogs/talents and have shown that already.

This just determines who the top dog is. Theres no shame in losing to the best of the best.

I agree, but what if one of them just obliterates the other or 12-0's them?

Spence's fans are ldbc types. Passionate but often delusional, racist, always talking shit and believe there fighters can't lose, even against fighters several weight classes higher. Of course when they do lose, they will always make excuses.

Crawford fans are mainly also black American and other people from Nebraska and the Midwest but they aren't ldbc. Even look at how Crawford fans interact with Spence, they are mostly just talking shit and having fun. Whereas Spence fans act hostile and aggressive like they really want to start some shit with Crawford

I see I see, I guess I haven't taken much notice of them out of the ring etc.

How many chances do they have to get under the limit before there's consequences?

Rather than number of tries, it's more like they have to go away and sweat off the remaining weight, then come back in an hour or whatever.

At the time, if the amount of weight is miniscule, then probably any number of tries until they strip naked, then there's not much else to try ;)

Back