Terminator 2: Judgment Day vs. Predator

Which is the better movie?

• Total voters
I vote Predator, but this is as close as they come. Throw Total Recall in there and you have my 3 favourite movies of all time.

I prefer Predator. A lot more classic quotes and more comedy value.

yeb1kVr.gif
I prefer Predator. A lot more classic quotes and more comedy value.

yeb1kVr.gif

T2 and it's not even close.

Also, is it just me or has Furlong's character not aged well? I don't remember it being criticized this much when it came out and the years immediately after.

Everyone hates him now though.

Not at all, that type was almost seen as “cool” by kids at the time.

Not so much now

Yep the character has just aged poorly. Nobody was saying he seriously detracted from the movie at the time. Serious hindsight goggles there.

Honestly I tend to think that the battle scene being done by the 2nd unit guy actually worked well exactly because its so traditional. Basically at this stage of the story Arnie and co are in their element and your not ment to get much of a sense of danger then when their dealing with the Predator things become a lot more person with a very strong sense of location that makes the characters feel more vulnerable.

I vote Predator, but this is as close as they come. Throw Total Recall in there and you have my 3 favourite movies of all time.

Yep Total Recall is great. I was really hoping the reboot would be just as good. I thought they had a good chance because just the total recall story itself is very interesting but man did they run that into the ground.

Honestly I tend to think that the battle scene being done by the 2nd unit guy actually worked well exactly because its so traditional. Basically at this stage of the story Arnie and co are in their element and your not ment to get much of a sense of danger then when their dealing with the Predator things become a lot more person with a very strong sense of location that makes the characters feel more vulnerable.

That's a good point.

Not at all, that type was almost seen as “cool” by kids at the time.

Not so much now

Yeah, I think that late 80s-early 90s Bart Simpson, Zach Morris-type of smart aleck-ness is kind of annoying now.

The last decade of so has been the age of snark and irony.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, btw.

gotta go with Predator, It's about as close to action movie perfection as you can get. Added bonus for having two governors in it. Billy, Mac and Dillon need to start their political careers.

WTF - Predator was good for the time - T2 was epic.

Overall I gotta go with T2. Both were amazing but T2 is T2. That's all that needs to be said.

both are watched everytime I see they're on tv, if both happened to be on at the same time on different channels, i'm watching Predator.

Total Recall and Running Man.... I prefer them both to those in the poll.

I know they did it in the comics but I've always wanted to see Terminator vs Predator. I favor the pred with his shoulder canon, but without it, it'd be a lot more even.

I know they did it in the comics but I've always wanted to see Terminator vs Predator. I favor the pred with his shoulder canon, but without it, it'd be a lot more even.
Does the Predator have anything for a T2 outside his range weapons? And are his range weapons enough?

@MikeMcMann

The shoulder canon is a plasma weapon, probably similar to the weapons from the future in the Terminator franchise. Though the shoulder canon seems to pack a lot more punch than the pulse rifles. And in the future, the pulse rifles were shown to be able to inflict damage on the terminators with sustained blasts. So I'm thinking a head shot probably takes out a terminator, while a body shot merely damages its chassis. (though sustained body shots would probably take it out)

Without it, the pred still has various weapons that would probably be the equivalent of getting shot by a machine gun (which the terminator shrugs off easily). Enough to keep it at bay, but not seriously damage it. But in a H2H fight is where it gets interesting. The terminator is a beast in H2H, but so is the pred. No doubt the terminator could rip something out of or off of the pred, and I doubt the pred could do the same back, however, it's strong enough that I feel it could keep the cyborg at bay with blunt force strikes.

Predator gets my vote

I’ve watched it numerous times

Can’t hate on T2 though

Back