The 13 best beer countries in the world, ranked

Sorry, no, chemical reactions don't work that way. Unless, you are literally chewing the can.

Take a nickel and put it in your mouth and tell me you dont taste anything.

haha, didn't mean to offend. i seriously had no idea. ah, yeah i never understood the whole, "ice brewed" thing, either.

Not sure if anyone answered this but I will. After fermentation, they drop the temperature of the wort to like 25 degrees F which freezes water but not alcohol. They then sift off some of the ice leaving a higher ABV beer. That's the normal procedure for a German style called an Eisbock but Eisbocks are much higher ABV (12-15% range is normal). The practice is called ice distilling.

1, 2, and 3 are crystal clear and inarguable.

USA is 1. No one can produce stouts like they can. No one can produce IPAs like they can. No one can produce pale ales like they can. No one has the variety. No one has the innovation. USA's craft brew scene is absurd with over 5000 breweries in operation right now. Not all are good, but the good ones are very, very good.
Belgium is 2. Lambic, traditional trappist styles, and saisons. I will argue that American produces better saisons (Hill Farmstead, Casey, Jolly Pumpkin, Side Project, etc) but that's subjective. The other 2 are not.
Germany is 3. They absolutely dominate all lagers and no one is close. A handful of US breweries do nice lagers but on the whole, Germany smokes the USA in that area.

After that, I'd probably go England, AUS/NZ, then flip a coin for the rest. No one is doing anything worth consistently reaching for.
I'd argue Canada's craft scene is borderline as good as USA just much smaller. Probably about 2 years behind most of the US innovations. Every town has a craft brewery or 2 it seems.

Take a nickel and put it in your mouth and tell me you dont taste anything.

Wouldn't know. I have no memory of ever putting a coin in my mouth. You do know there's a difference between copper and aluminum, right?

No offense intended. You seem sincere and if that's your opinion I have no problem with that. Regardless, I'll take the feedback of literally thousands of beer experts, cicerones and the like over a Sherdog post.

Not sure if anyone answered this but I will. After fermentation, they drop the temperature of the wort to like 25 degrees F which freezes water but not alcohol. They then sift off some of the ice leaving a higher ABV beer. That's the normal procedure for a German style called an Eisbock but Eisbocks are much higher ABV (12-15% range is normal). The practice is called ice distilling.

Cool. Thanks for that info.

Wouldn't know. I have no memory of ever putting a coin in my mouth. You do know there's a difference between copper and aluminum, right?

No offense intended. You seem sincere and if that's your opinion I have no problem with that. Regardless, I'll take the feedback of literally thousands of beer experts, cicerones and the like over a Sherdog post.

Are you an alien or something? maybe you are posting from some inhospitable jungle?

How about take the feedback of REAL LIFE? take any aluminium product in your home and lick it, you will feel a metallic taste in it.

If you buy a can you need to pour it, which i find inconvenient, id rather drink from the bottle.

Also i dont think you know what "literally" means.

In my opinion based from the countries I've visited I'd say my favourites were Germany, Belgium and Holland. A shout out to Slovakia as well they had some great beers.
I gotta admit when I visited the U.S I thought their beers were rancid. This was before all the hipster microbreweries started popping up so I'd be interested in giving some of those a try.

I'm surprised that Germany isn't #1. When I think of the love of beer drinking I think of Germany.

2012/2013 or so. Basically around the time I moved to Pittsburgh. Active trader as well with a good 70 or so under my belt.

Cool. A lot of people I know that are into beer have developed taste/favorites in similar ways and along similar timelines, so I was curious where you fell in regards to that.

I got real deep into beer in 2005 when I really wanted to try Two Hearted and started trading. About 350 or so trades later I avoid it at almost all costs aside from sending some boxes between friends. Mostly content and happiest with what’s local and what’s readily available, but luckily I live in a spot where that’s not tough to do.

Are you an alien or something? maybe you are posting from some inhospitable jungle?

How about take the feedback of REAL LIFE? take any aluminium product in your home and lick it, you will feel a metallic taste in it.

If you buy a can you need to pour it, which i find inconvenient, id rather drink from the bottle.

Also i dont think you know what "literally" means.

Sorry you seem so sensitive to a different opinion. Like I said I respect your opinion but disagree with it.

I have literally (I used it correctly this time, too) had hundreds of cans of beer. Many times drinking straight from can and then pouring the balance in a glass. My take? No difference.

I would be willing to place a significant bet with you. Use ten styles of beer ranging from tasteless lagers to overly hopped IPA's, stouts, sours, etc. Pour a beer from each style into a container with a clean nickel. Pour the rest in a container without a nickel.

Then pour 9 shots of beer into a shot glass from the container without the nickel. Pour 1 shot from the container with the nickel.

You will get no more than 1 out of 10 correct.

Sorry you seem so sensitive to a different opinion. Like I said I respect your opinion but disagree with it.

I have literally (I used it correctly this time, too) had hundreds of cans of beer. Many times drinking straight from can and then pouring the balance in a glass. My take? No difference.

I would be willing to place a significant bet with you. Use ten styles of beer ranging from tasteless lagers to overly hopped IPA's, stouts, sours, etc. Pour a beer from each style into a container with a clean nickel. Pour the rest in a container without a nickel.

Then pour 9 shots of beer into a shot glass from the container without the nickel. Pour 1 shot from the container with the nickel.

You will get no more than 1 out of 10 correct.

Except that experiment is meaningless, im not claimign the aluminium is leeching into the beer, im simply saying that putting your mouth in direct contact with the aluminium gives you are metallic taste.

Not because of the beer, but because your mouth is in direct contact with the metal.

Cool. A lot of people I know that are into beer have developed taste/favorites in similar ways and along similar timelines, so I was curious where you fell in regards to that.

I got real deep into beer in 2005 when I really wanted to try Two Hearted and started trading. About 350 or so trades later I avoid it at almost all costs aside from sending some boxes between friends. Mostly content and happiest with what’s local and what’s readily available, but luckily I live in a spot where that’s not tough to do.

Two Hearted is my plan B when I go to the store to pick up some beer. If they don't have Head Hunter, I grab Two Hearted. I still love that beer. Where are you based?

Except that experiment is meaningless, im not claimign the aluminium is leeching into the beer, im simply saying that putting your mouth in direct contact with the aluminium gives you are metallic taste.

Not because of the beer, but because your mouth is in direct contact with the metal.

The only conclusion is that personal experience is just that...personal. Particularly when it involves food and drink. One man's elixir is another man's drain pour.

Two Hearted is my plan B when I go to the store to pick up some beer. If they don't have Head Hunter, I grab Two Hearted. I still love that beer. Where are you based?

I’m in Denver, so between the brewery explosion and more stuff showing up through distribution, we’re doing pretty good out here.

Americans can claim they got the best beer in the world, but when you have so many hipster producing small quantities of a type of beer whose only objective is to create a rich flavor profile for blind tests, of course they will rock taste tests.

The reality however is.

top-20-beers-america-infographic.png

The real trick is creating a beer that you can drink over and over and over without getting tired of it.

Not creating a beer with such a flavor profile that it will taste amazing at first but quickly gets tiring and even nauseating.
Excactly, you have one glass and thats enough; time to move on to the Coors light after that

Back