Elections The abortion issue in 2024

make me mod, damn it. that cash per emoji perk must be sweet.

mods-Copy.png

I dont need to make anything look like anything. You will not find cases of abortions of "convenience" at 8 months. You will not find people advocating for them. You are removing context to make a generalized point contending something there is no proof of happening.

This misrepresentation is fueling radicalization on the side that currently has MUCH more political power, although that may change. Leave us not forget that in Ohio there was a ballot measure where citizens even in deep red districts voted to codify reproductive rights in the State Constition and the right wing Legislature started immediately vowing to ignore it. That's that side making that side look bad.
Predictable as usual

Predictable as usual
He's right though. As I said earlier we had a moderate law in effect on abortion, it was Roe v Wade which set the viability standard. But again that was too moderate for the GOP who wanted to open the floodgates to maximalist restrictions on abortions like the Texas law which does not even carve out an exemption for rape and Alabama where judges even had IVF in the crosshairs.

These people no core and zero issue lying about anything

They're gonna get f*ckin shredded. And this issue might actually drive enough moderate Republican voters away from the GOP so that Trump's go-to move of just claiming the election was rigged seems utterly ridiculous. To the degree where even the far right will have to concede that "nah man, you lost because of Roe/Dobbs."

One of the worst "both sides" comparisons I've seen in a long time.

Not necessarily a comparison but Trump did very st00pidly claim that both sides wanted Roe overturned. Lolz

These people have no core and zero issue lying about anything

This has been the GOP for a little while:

images

They've been running on the most divisive issues they can find with very little thought on what happens if they succeed.

No different than the border issue where they had to back away from a key platform issue because winning on the issue didn't matter as much as campaigning on the issue itself.

This has been the GOP for a little while:

images

They've been running on the most divisive issues they can find with very little thought on what happens if they succeed.

No different than the border issue where they had to back away from a key platform issue because winning on the issue didn't matter as much as campaigning on the issue itself.
Because the issue itself only matters as a vessel to exercise social and political power over others, thus affirming who is and is not at the top of the perceived social political hierarchy

Resident Libs in here making this a cut and dry issue when it isn't. To politically just go the route of easy votes and no negative publicity goes against what politics should be about. I find it odd that Libs claim to be on the side of rights, and yet, are ok with a woman using Abortion as birth control in later terms. Where are the babies rights? I see interviews with women claiming babies aren't alive until they come out of the birth canal. That's anti science and a flat out lie and they know it. As a country we need to decide when we can all agree a life is a life and make tough decisions. A women's right doesn't mean she has the right to kill a baby. In case of rape and incest and birth defects where a child would have something like Spina Bifida, I am totally ok with abortion. I am also OK in early term pregnancy. But at some point, you have to take responsibility. Having abortions at 6, 7 8 months just because you don't want to have the responsibility is wrong.

These people have no core and zero issue lying about anything

Shhh your hypocrisy is showing! Pointing fingers is so fucking stupid when the President himself flip flops.
He said early on in his career that while he supported individuals’ right to an abortion, he opposed federal funds paying for them. Later, he backed Republican efforts to ban so-called “partial-birth abortions,” a non-medical term describing rare late-term procedures, and said he would have liked to go further in restricting them.

In 2006, two years before he was elected vice president, he told an interviewer he did “not view abortion as a choice and a right.” All of a sudden when the voting path is clear he goes full pro women's rights. At least be honest and admit it's a complicated issue instead of trying to make it a partisan war. Plenty of Dems have flip flopped, and so has the GOP.

Resident Libs in here making this a cut and dry issue when it isn't. To politically just go the route of easy votes and no negative publicity goes against what politics should be about. I find it odd that Libs claim to be on the side of rights, and yet, are ok with a woman using Abortion as birth control in later terms. Where are the babies rights? I see interviews with women claiming babies aren't alive until they come out of the birth canal. That's anti science and a flat out lie and they know it. As a country we need to decide when we can all agree a life is a life and make tough decisions. A women's right doesn't mean she has the right to kill a baby. In case of rape and incest and birth defects where a child would have something like Spina Bifida, I am totally ok with abortion. I am also OK in early term pregnancy. But at some point, you have to take responsibility. Having abortions at 6, 7 8 months just because you don't want to have the responsibility is wrong.
Roe v Wade did carve out space for the baby's rights by determining that the government had a compelling interest in protecting prenatal life.

But if you were being honest you'd admit that the GOP's objections are not really about third trimester abortions which were rare and overwhelmingly for the health of the mother and which was addressed by Roe v Wade, its because there's a committed pro-life wing of the party that wants maximalist restrictions on abortions.

Last edited:

We did that twice, and that wasn't good enough for further right Cons, and it was Cons that made the initial decision, and a Con court that upheld it. But nice try with "Libs, Libs, Libs."

Shhh your hypocrisy is showing! Pointing fingers is so fucking stupid when the President himself flip flops.
He said early on in his career that while he supported individuals’ right to an abortion, he opposed federal funds paying for them. Later, he backed Republican efforts to ban so-called “partial-birth abortions,” a non-medical term describing rare late-term procedures, and said he would have liked to go further in restricting them.

In 2006, two years before he was elected vice president, he told an interviewer he did “not view abortion as a choice and a right.” All of a sudden when the voting path is clear he goes full pro women's rights. At least be honest and admit it's a complicated issue instead of trying to make it a partisan war. Plenty of Dems have flip flopped, and so has the GOP.

Lol@your opening line being about hypicrisy, you literally spent the post above this one pointing fingers, but pointing fingers is stupid...

Also Donald Trump literally mentioned winning elections as part of his abortion statement. Winning elections.

It is a cut and dry issue. All of this fear mongering about women just deciding they don't want a baby at 8 months pregnant is complete bullshit.

And guess what? Under Roe v Wade abortion was ALREADY RESTRICTED in the third trimester unless the mother's life was in danger or some other set of extreme circumstances.

Name me one person with influence and power in liberal states or Congress that is advocating for third trimester abortions just for funsies.

Meanwhile, you've got states like Arizona using a draconian law from the fucking 1800s against the will of the people living in the state, that is going to have a direct negative effect on the health of the women in that state.

I'm glad the Republicans are torpedoing their election chances on this issue. They fucking deserve it for giving the middle finger the majority of their constituents.

Stop making excuses for them.

It is a cut and dry issue. All of this fear mongering about women just deciding they don't want a baby at 8 months pregnant is complete bullshit.

And guess what? Under Roe v Wade abortion was ALREADY RESTRICTED in the third trimester unless the mother's life was in danger or some other set of extreme circumstances.

Name me one person with influence and power in liberal states or Congress that is advocating for third trimester abortions just for funsies.

Meanwhile, you've got states like Arizona using a draconian law from the fucking 1800s against the will of the people living in the state, that is going to have a direct negative effect on the health of the women in that state.

I'm glad the Republicans are torpedoing their election chances on this issue. They fucking deserve it for giving the middle finger the majority of their constituents.

Stop making excuses for them.

Its f*ckin comical to see people who just plain ole hate women not being 2nd-class citizens flail in attempt to applaud this nonsense considering most aren't even aware of how this decision was made:

"In a 4-2 decision, the court rejected arguments that it should uphold the current 15-week abortion ban signed in 2022 by then-Gov. Doug Ducey (R) and enforced after the end of Roe v. Wade.

Instead, the court ruled that the Civil War-era law passed before Arizona was even a state should be enforced. The court ruled to lift a stay on the law, meaning it goes into effect in 14 days.

The century-old law makes abortion a felony punishable by two to five years in prison for anyone who performs or helps a woman obtain one. It includes an extremely narrow exception for “when it is necessary” to save a pregnant person’s life."

So yet again far right zealot Republicans rejecting a compromise from other right wingers. Ducey was a Republican, the entire Supreme Court of Arizona are Republicans, and the Court actively rejects a 15 week ban IN FAVOR of the 1864 law which has no exceptions for rape or incest, and where politicians get to decide if the risk to the Mother is significant enough (and as of right now, no risk has proven significant enough in these States because they want a Doctor to say the woman is actively dying).

And yet there are still people in here trying the old "teh Libs!!"

Blah, abortions are one of the best weapons to stop the spread of poors. Should be expanded if anything

Its f*ckin comical to see people who just plain ole hate women not being 2nd-class citizens flail in attempt to applaud this nonsense considering most aren't even aware of how this decision was made:

"In a 4-2 decision, the court rejected arguments that it should uphold the current 15-week abortion ban signed in 2022 by then-Gov. Doug Ducey (R) and enforced after the end of Roe v. Wade.

Instead, the court ruled that the Civil War-era law passed before Arizona was even a state should be enforced. The court ruled to lift a stay on the law, meaning it goes into effect in 14 days.

The century-old law makes abortion a felony punishable by two to five years in prison for anyone who performs or helps a woman obtain one. It includes an extremely narrow exception for “when it is necessary” to save a pregnant person’s life."

So yet again far right zealot Republicans rejecting a compromise from other right wingers. Ducey was a Republican, the entire Supreme Court of Arizona are Republicans, and the Court actively rejects a 15 week ban IN FAVOR of the 1864 law which has no exceptions for rape or incest, and where politicians get to decide if the risk to the Mother is significant enough (and as of right now, no risk has proven significant enough in these States because they want a Doctor to say the woman is actively dying).

And yet there are still people in here trying the old "teh Libs!!"
The flailing has reached a comical level. The apologists for these restrictions can't deny that they were the goal of the Republicans in their crusade to get rid of Roe v Wade.

So their new strategy is to blame the damn libs for making them do it. Ya see, if it weren't for all of these extreme liberal policies like 8 months pregnant abortion parties, the conservatives would never have had to resort to cheering on abortion ban laws from 1873! Of course, when you ask for an example it always ends up being something like "a video I saw online". When in reality the VAST majority of those on the left wanted to keep Roe v Wade in place.

It's such a desperate backpedal. But it's not going to work. They campaigned on these results and now that they're finding out how unpopular they are, it's too late.

Back