Elections The abortion issue in 2024

Don't you claim to be a genius? Lmao. You Stated I was being barbaric and we have awesome modern medicine I asked you a question you are dodging left and right because you know the answer. Timing your cycle is not some form of barbarism to women it's literally safer than what you advocate for in your post I responded to. I didn't move goal posts I defended my position and I'm still right here homie.
Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit either it seems. I never called you barbaric. I said that relying on timing ovulation is outdated and stupid since we now have scientifically reliable methods available to women.

My exact word choice was "idiotic".

As in it is idiotic to disregard scientific tools to avoid a problem and instead rely on less effective and reliable ones. Then I mocked your idea with a reference to using the height of the sun to schedule appointments.

It's not that complicated. Idiotic =/= barbaric. 2 different concepts. Your idea is idiotic, not barbaric.

I literally mentioned condoms in my post. You guys are fucking pathetic.
Don't you have some outdated ideas from the neolithic era you'd rather be advocating for?

I've never understood this argument. How is getting an abortion or using the morning after pill avoiding personal responsibility and accountability?

Someone finds out they're pregnant doesn't it become their personal responsibility at that point to do what's best for themselves and for society at large? Isn't it accountability to stop a thing from happening that they're not prepared for and shouldn't be doing.

It's like saying that once a drunk person gets behind the wheel, they have to drive the car. Getting out of the car because they realize the problem with drunk driving is an unacceptable response because they shouldn't have gotten drunk in the first place. That if they go out and get drunk then they damn well better drive home too.

Or is avoiding unwanted pregnancies the only thing where we can't use science to address an issue while it's still solvable?

The only realistic way to avoid unwanted pregnancies is abstinence. Everything else has a chance of failure (even the idiot claiming that we should be timing cycles...as if they're never late or early. Women =/= robots, lol). I would expect this "take personal responsibility" people who oppose abortions to be the biggest advocates of abstinence for for both sexes and yet....crickets.
Abortion is killing a baby. It just is. So we’re really just saying when it’s ok.

Abortion is killing a baby. It just is. So we’re really just saying when it’s ok.
No. It's not killing a baby. When it is "a baby" isn't something that is universally agreed upon. We know when the heartbeat begins. We know when certain religions set that threshold. But we don't have a clear scientific delineation for when it becomes "a baby".

And until that happens, people have to stop claiming that their preferred criteria is the criteria that everyone must follow.

Yes, the 1776 Constitution has processes to AMEND it to suit modern times.

This law is not better than anything. Your moral outrage notwithstanding.

You're not going to help those women afford anything. You're going to keep voting for the same d*ckheads who ban abortion and cut social programs to non-existence. Spare me your fake @ss white knight routine. The same "pro life" Republicans touting this bullsh*t are also cutting funding for free lunch programs at schools all over the Country, and trying to fully abolish public education.

But there will be a voter reckoning come November. These guys have committed political suicide, and they know it so well that that dipsh*t Kari Lake renounced this idiotic law when there is video evidence of her praising it. Lol
You are unhinged and my beleifs are coherent. You can't even state yours because you know they fall apart under any scrutiny.

Reading comprehension isn't a strong suit either it seems. I never called you barbaric. I said that relying on timing ovulation is outdated and stupid since we now have scientifically reliable methods available to women.

My exact word choice was "idiotic".

As in it is idiotic to disregard scientific tools to avoid a problem and instead rely on less effective and reliable ones. Then I mocked your idea with a reference to using the height of the sun to schedule appointments.

It's not that complicated. Idiotic =/= barbaric. 2 different concepts. Your idea is idiotic, not barbaric.
Now we are getting somewhere! Finally you have dropped the name calling an addressed our argument. You call timing you cycle outdated and idiotic when you can lean on modern hormonal birth control. So I ask you again, with slight variation. Is it idiotic to use condoms and time your cycle as I stated when it is know that hormonal birth control is not safe for all women?

Don't you have some outdated ideas from the neolithic era you'd rather be advocating for?
This is basically shit posting and you're supposedly a genius and in actuality a mod. Embarrassing yourself.

You should switch to saying killing a human or taking a human life. Then he can't weasel out of it as he just tried to do when he quoted you.

Now we are getting somewhere! Finally you have dropped the name calling an addressed our argument. You call timing you cycle outdated and idiotic when you can lean on modern hormonal birth control. So I ask you again, with slight variation. Is it idiotic to use condoms and time your cycle as I stated when it is know that hormonal birth control is not safe for all women?
Still poor reading comprehension. I called the idea idiotic. I have yet to insult you.

And more goalpost shifting? Hormonal birth control isn't timing your cycle. They work by preventing the egg from implanting in the uterus. They also prevent the sperm from reaching an egg to fertilize it. It has nothing to do with timing a woman's cycle.

JFC, you don't know what you're talking about at even a simpleton's level

NOTE: That is not calling you a simpleton, it is describing the quality of your knowledge as beneath that of a simpleton. You, the individual, may or may not be a simpleton and I don't know if you're a simpleton just because you post like one.

Spare me the rest of the gibberish. Pregnancy is not safe for all women, lol. You're not arguing against pregnancy itself...or are you?

I would think it's probably safer for a woman to terminate a pregnancy early, rather than run the risk of a pregnancy related serious health complication that she can't predict. Severe bleeding is one of the biggest contributors to maternal mortality and it's not something that can be predicted. Is that a harm you care about?

Now what

Oh nice, you think a bullsh*t rage-bait post on a far right Poliician's website is medical evidence that something is happening to any significant degree. Lolz

Fortunately nothing ever came of that incident because it was fake news. The clinic was not found to have violated the law at all. The woman who called the police about this incident is a criminal:

"Five anti-abortion activists, including a woman who was discovered to have five fetuses in her home, were convicted Tuesday of illegally blocking a reproductive clinic in Washington, D.C., The Washington Post reported."

You are unhinged and my beleifs are coherent. You can't even state yours because you know they fall apart under any scrutiny.

You are making personal attacks because you're appealing to emotion and perceived moral righteousness based solely on ideology.

Ideology is not logic. And you just failed to prove your case. In an epic fashion.

A zygote is not a baby. A fertilized embryo is not a baby. A sperm cell is not a baby. And deciding this any further was never good enough for people who hate the idea that women shouldn't HAVE to bear a child because someone impregnated them.

Still poor reading comprehension. I called the idea idiotic. I have yet to insult you.

And more goalpost shifting? Hormonal birth control isn't timing your cycle. They work by preventing the egg from implanting in the uterus. They also prevent the sperm from reaching an egg to fertilize it. It has nothing to do with timing a woman's cycle.

JFC, you don't know what you're talking about at even a simpleton's level

NOTE: That is not calling you a simpleton, it is describing the quality of your knowledge as beneath that of a simpleton. You, the individual, may or may not be a simpleton and I don't know if you're a simpleton just because you post like one.

Spare me the rest of the gibberish. Pregnancy is not safe for all women, lol. You're not arguing against pregnancy itself...or are you?

I would think it's probably safer for a woman to terminate a pregnancy early, rather than run the risk of a pregnancy related serious health complication that she can't predict. Severe bleeding is one of the biggest contributors to maternal mortality and it's not something that can be predicted. Is that a harm you care about?
This post was incoherent trash. You misrepresented everything I said I'm done with you.

No it is not. You were touting modern technology and defaming my position which you full well know is less harmful to women. You just want to win an argument I intend to protect the unborn as well women in general. This isn't about winning to me it is about what is right and what is best practices. You too are floundering. Because your position is indefensible.
How is it protecting women by not allowing them to do what they want with their bodies ? Seems like the opposite to me

Oh nice, you think a bullsh*t rage-bait post on a far right Poliician's website is medical evidence that something is happening to any significant degree. Lolz

Fortunately nothing ever came of that incident because it was fake news. The clinic was not found to have violated the law at all. The woman who called the police about this incident is a criminal:

"Five anti-abortion activists, including a woman who was discovered to have five fetuses in her home, were convicted Tuesday of illegally blocking a reproductive clinic in Washington, D.C., The Washington Post reported."

That's a government site and the bodies are real you moron she got them from the clinc there are audio tapes too

A zygote is not a baby. A fertilized embryo is not a baby. A sperm cell is not a baby. And deciding this any further was never good enough for people who hate the idea that women shouldn't HAVE to bear a child because someone impregnated them.

So when is it baby.

I support abortion up to a certain time in case of rape. I support it to protect the mother health as per the doctors.
I support plan b being available over the counter at the age of consent.

Now we are past all that. When is abortion killing a baby.

Let's steel man your point an anti abortion activist has 5 dead unborn babies in her home. Where did she get them?

These guys are arguing in bad faith. If you have brains or a heart I should have shed light on that. Peace guys.

This post was incoherent trash. You misrepresented everything I said I'm done with you.
No one has misrepresented you. You said some dumb shit about using cycle timing to avoid pregnancy. When I called the idea stupid, you've tried to shift your argument to one about comparing the harm between condoms (which you hadn't mentioned in the original post I responded) and timing vs. other forms of birth control.

And now you're claiming that I'm misrepresenting you because I'm asking you to stand behind the words that you typed and to apply your reasoning to another aspect of the female reproduction within the same space of "harm".

You don't care about harm to women. You don't even care about abortion. You care about shaming women who got pregnant under circumstances that you don't agree with. But you lack the courage to admit that you simply despite these women and would deny them abortions for that reason and that reason alone.

There are few things I loathe more than people who wish negative outcomes on others because of their life choices but refuse to stand up and acknowledge it.

The simple truth is you oppose abortions because you have a moral grudge against women who get pregnant without having a plan on how to care for the babies. They get abortions because of that. You begrudge them the abortion because you disapprove of their sexual life choices. You believe that abortions allow them to continue living a lifestyle you oppose. And that forcing them to carry the baby is a punishment for that lifestyle.

It's mean-spirited and petty. :mad: And you know it and because you know it, your arguments are inconsistent from post to post.

So when is it baby.

I support abortion up to a certain time in case of rape. I support it to protect the mother health as per the doctors.
I support plan b being available over the counter at the age of consent.

Now we are past all that. When is abortion killing a baby.

I was perfectly fine with Roe. Read Roe and you'll have your answer. The rest is just "I dont like women having say over this."

Back