Elections The abortion issue in 2024

Without the Single Woman vote, the Democratic Party is no more. For this reason, Abortion is always an issue and that will never end. The MSM will comply as always with the Democrats and sell "Pro-Choice".

The only women with an issue are poor women in the Deep Red States. That is tiny amount and they can be accommodated with subsidized travel.

Again, without the Single Woman vote, the Democratic Party is no more. For this reason they are also pushing LGBTQ+ on society. They don't want straight couples. Hetero couples don't vote for Democratic Party insanity as a rule. Democrats need women away from men. That's their game. So when you see some whacked policy, ask yourself if it pushing women from men and if it does... the Democratic Party supports it.

Are you fucking kidding me? Abortion is an issue that will never end because the Republicans have succeeded in getting rid of Roe v Wade and implementing medieval levels of abortion restrictions in the states they control. I know it's hard to fathom in your MAGA riddled brain, but a sizeable majority of people in this country, don't want the insane abortion restrictions that Republicans are pushing.

Young people don't like Republican policies period. This stupid fearmongering about single women and LGBTQ+ CTs is absolute bullshit.

You know what could change that voting trend? Republicans supporting policies that actually appealed to younger voters!

Instead they've adopted the "make it as hard to vote as possible for the demographics that don't support us" strategy.

As always, you're a fucking joke.

"Arguing for eating babies"...look at you. See this all you goons can do on this issue. If a fertilized egg IS literally a chicken, then why did you refer to it as a "fertilized egg?" Literally anyone would look at an egg and go "that's an egg." No one would go "that's a chicken."

For the umpteenth time, the limitations of Roe were just fine. Which for the record, outlawed 3rd trimester abortions except in cases of medical emergencies.

No matter how many times that question gets answered, the zealots just keep asking the same sh*t over and over.

Try again but to be clear you are at least willing to ban third trimester?

Without the Single Woman vote, the Democratic Party is no more. For this reason, Abortion is always an issue and that will never end. The MSM will comply as always with the Democrats and sell "Pro-Choice".

The only women with an issue are poor women in the Deep Red States. That is tiny amount and they can be accommodated with subsidized travel.

Again, without the Single Woman vote, the Democratic Party is no more. For this reason they are also pushing LGBTQ+ on society. They don't want straight couples. Hetero couples don't vote for Democratic Party insanity as a rule. Democrats need women away from men. That's their game. So when you see some whacked policy, ask yourself if it pushing women from men and if it does... the Democratic Party supports it.
huh, it’s an issue because the GOP’s ultimate goal is to ban it which is something that the vast majority of people are against. Honestly , is there something wrong with you ??

I’d be willing to ban it in the 3rd trimester, except in cases of risk to the mother’s life/health.

Which is exactly how Roe worked, btw.

What you’re describing is essentially Roe, and you’re not the first conservative I’ve seen take that position, which I find I quite odd.

Amazing contribution. Have anything brave to say about your beleifs or are you hear for this low brow crap?
I felt compelled to correct some science about a subject that I can speak on from a point of experience.
About the whole abortion argument, I’d say it’s pretty obvious that Roe V Wade was a good standard. You can cry about morals/the Bible like all conservatives do and then not actually give a flying fuck about kids that are around.

You want to force women to give birth and then not give the kids any assistance. Conservatives consistently vote against anything that actually helps kids grow into contributing members of society.

I’d be willing to ban it in the 3rd trimester, except in cases of risk to the mother’s life/health.

Which is exactly how Roe worked, btw.

What you’re describing is essentially Roe, and you’re not the first conservative I’ve seen take that position, which I find I quite odd.
I don’t believe in god, I do believe in premature babies. I take care of them from time to time, though I don’t like pediatrics. Health of the mother and baby are acceptable exceptions. 24 week babies are a thing to say the least. 22 is possible and we’ll keep getting better at it. So maybe every needs to be just a bit less cavalier about it. Trumps 16 week idea is about right. Roe was not the final word for on abortion from the courts and I’m not going to quote them all here. Go through Europe and you’ll find much more restrictive laws than we have here prior to roe being overturned.

I don’t believe in god, I do believe in premature babies. I take care of them from time to time, though I don’t like pediatrics. Health of the mother and baby are acceptable exceptions. 24 week babies are a thing to say the least. 22 is possible and we’ll keep getting better at it. So maybe every needs to be just a bit less cavalier about it. Trumps 16 week idea is about right. Roe was not the final word for on abortion from the courts and I’m not going to quote them all here. Go through Europe and you’ll find much more restrictive laws than we have here prior to roe being overturned.
I know Roe wasn’t the final word, and constitutionally speaking, Casey makes more sense to me. I don’t think those frameworks are cavalier. I think the abortion laws passed in red states are cavalier, and have done real harm to women’s health and women’s rights. They have unleashed an awful lot of suffering on women.

Trump said it should be kept to the states, and it was typical Trump AFAIC: he talked a big game about how he thought he could broker some incredible abortoon compromise that would please everyone, and instead he just punted and his “solution” pissed off both sides.

The government needs to stay the hell out of this issue until viability at minimum. They have no compelling interest in it whatsoever up until then.

Where did she get them sinister? When I post the audio of the abortionist who works at the exact DC clinic confirming they do what she claimed are you going to claim that is fake as well?

You're just going to keep digging this hole eh? That so-called "Catholic Anarchist" (just let that oxymoron sink in for a second) told Cops she and her cohort got the fetuses from biomedical waste company driver because they appealed to him that he had "dead babies." The Company reported that they dont even handle fetal remains and that the three packages their driver received that day were accounted for. She also said Washington DC gets its electricity by burning fetuses lolz

They also originally claimed they stole them from a University, which was debunked by the University who had all their medical material accounted for. And it should set off alarm bells as to why these idiots lied multiple times about the source of the remains. Why they told completely different stories. But it wont, because you WANT to believe they're doing something "good."

You can post whatever you want but I asked you for any notable data that 8 month "abortions of convenience" happen, and you went to an idiot politician's website and quoted a reference to this case where a lunatic had 5 fetuses in her home that were medically determined to NOT be that. You've continued to do nothing but appeal to feelings on this issue, and applaud the actions of theocratic zealots while claiming your viewpoint isnt informed by religion. But by all means, keep dragging this one case further into the weeds about why a criminal had fetal remains in her apartment to obfuscate the fact that you have no actual data that the thing you claim happens is actually happening. None. Zero.

Last edited:

I was perfectly fine with 3rd trimester being illegal with the exceptions of life of the Mother at risk, or the fetus being non-viable. Medically forcing women to give birth to corpses, or go through the trauma of giving live birth to a baby that she is going to almost immediately watch die is cruel. If a woman chooses that I can understand it, but the Government forcing them to is wrong.

If you support it "up to a certain point" then you probably have a good enough idea when it's a baby, unless you're not saying when specifically because of how it might sound.

I'm perfectly comfortable deferring to the settled case law on the issue. Because I'm not an anti-science wingnut who things medicine should be rooted in ideologies. Medical professionals have given us this information, it's not a matter of my opinion. And its NOT the medical community who has moved the goalposts on this, it's the "18 weeks, no 16 weeks, no 15 weeks, no 6 weeks., no total ban, no life begins at conception" crowd.

And you avoid the question as usual.

From the time it's heart starts I can understand some people concerning it a baby. It's still developing into a full term but the baby is there.

Myself I say the cut off is 16 to 20 weeks in cases all but the mothers health. However also plan b should be Oct for anyone at a low price for anyone over the age of consent.

Planed parenthood should be about birth control and counseling on birth control. I would support government funding for that including on site doctors for birth control and a reduced price.

And you avoid the question as usual.

From the time it's heart starts I can understand some people concerning it a baby. It's still developing into a full term but the baby is there.

Myself I say the cut off is 16 to 20 weeks in cases all but the mothers health. However also plan b should be Oct for anyone at a low price for anyone over the age of consent.

Planed parenthood should be about birth control and counseling on birth control. I would support government funding for that including on site doctors for birth control and a reduced price.

I don't care to suggest that laws that Govern people who do something I cannot do should be based on my opinion. An opinion I'm not necessarily qualified to have. Funny how that's called "avoidance" when people are trying to make the argument ideological.

A beating heart doesnt make someone a human being, when a person is brain dead, they're essentially dead. There is no more human about them, they're just a partially operating mechanism. But that being said I dont think your viewpoints are entirely unreasonable, the problem isnt individual opinions. Its voting for people on a wedge issue who will ALSO ban Plan B's, and want to install a National ban on abortion at much less than 20 weeks.

Last edited:
all of you motherfuckers are slinging THE EXACT SAME ARGUMENTS at each other for decades. both of you really need some smarter stuff, cause this shit you're using aint working.

all of you motherfuckers are slinging THE EXACT SAME ARGUMENTS at each other for decades. both of you really need some smarter stuff, cause this shit you're using aint working.

Everything was working just fine until conservatives decided that now would be the perfect time to regress society back a couple of centuries

I think having a reasonable cutoff would be the best solution. None to 6 weeks isn't reasonable, 3rd trimester to birth isn't reasonable (health of the Mother being the exception). I believe most people think 15-16 weeks is the sweet spot from what I've read in the past. 1 side needs to stop acting like there's no reason to ever terminate, the other needs to stop acting like it's not a morally gray/dark area or that it's something that you should celebrate or be proud of. I expect people will argue over this the rest of my lifetime.

I know Roe wasn’t the final word, and constitutionally speaking, Casey makes more sense to me. I don’t think those frameworks are cavalier. I think the abortion laws passed in red states are cavalier, and have done real harm to women’s health and women’s rights. They have unleashed an awful lot of suffering on women.

Trump said it should be kept to the states, and it was typical Trump AFAIC: he talked a big game about how he thought he could broker some incredible abortoon compromise that would please everyone, and instead he just punted and his “solution” pissed off both sides.

The government needs to stay the hell out of this issue until viability at minimum. They have no compelling interest in it whatsoever up until then.
20 weeks plus two to be safe is probably my line. So 18 weeks. If brain activity can be shown before then I can be moved.

20 weeks plus two to be safe is probably my line. So 18 weeks. If brain activity can be shown before then I can be moved.
Personally speaking, I’d be willing to compromise to 18 weeks, assuming doctors are given wide leeway to perform abortions when they feel it’s in the best interest of the mother’s health.

But again, that’s almost exactly what we had. That’s exactly what conservatives worked for, for so long, to abolish. I find it rather stunning that some are pushing for this now—or at least giving the appearance that they are—when this is exactly what they waged their anti-abortion war over for so long.

Personally speaking, I’d be willing to compromise to 18 weeks, assuming doctors are given wide leeway to perform abortions when they feel it’s in the best interest of the mother’s health.

But again, that’s almost exactly what we had. That’s exactly what conservatives worked for, for so long, to abolish. I find it rather stunning that some are pushing for this now—or at least giving the appearance that they are—when this is exactly what they waged their anti-abortion war over for so long.
They do believe it’s a baby and do believe in god. What do you expect them to do? The evangelical vote is a minority but a big one. So they pander.

It doesn’t matter who the president is, abortion is, and should be, a State responsibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back