The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

Daniel Ricciardo leaving Red Bull and going to Renault next season. Maybe he's scared of those Honda engines coming next season hahah.

Daniel Ricciardo leaving Red Bull and going to Renault next season. Maybe he's scared of those Honda engines coming next season hahah.
I'm really hoping he knows something we don't and isn't just going where the money is. He's my favorite driver. Choosing Renault seems odd considering he's been driving that engine with the higher funded team and has still had tons of power problems this season

I'm really hoping he knows something we don't and isn't just going where the money is. He's my favorite driver. Choosing Renault seems odd considering he's been driving that engine with the higher funded team and has still had tons of power problems this season

Maybe he wants to stay with a Renault engine and not risk it with Honda.
I don't mind him going there, now he joins Hulkenberg who is my fav driver after Vettel.

Maybe he wants to stay with a Renault engine and not risk it with Honda.
I don't mind him going there, now he joins Hulkenberg who is my fav driver after Vettel.
Odd choice given all his engine problems he's had this year

Also what's gonna happen to Sainz? Someone has got to pick him up. Maybe McClaren replace VanDoorne? Not sure what all the contract situations are though

Last edited:
Chase Elliott wins his first Cup series race at the Glen. Great battle with Truex at the end there.

I forgot all about the race. I'll have to catch the highlights.

great race action from Road America in the WeatherTech series.
some big offs though.
man, those dudes know how to tear up race cars.

first dude got tapped and put into a spin, hits the wall and cartwheels.
in the dust and confusion a second car hits him, fuel cell explodes.
carnage.
both drivers OK

Last edited:
Chase Elliott wins his first Cup series race at the Glen. Great battle with Truex at the end there.

Chase got some luck with Kyle Busch having a fueling problem on the pit stop so he had to stop again to fuel. Busch still was able to go from 25th to third. Without the fueling issue, Kyle would likely have had his 7th win and Elliott his 9th-second place. What I find strange is how badly the Fords did in this race with the fastest finishing 9-12. I wonder if they were running some fuel strategy. Harvick was planning on coming in on the lap when the caution came out closing the pits. That suggests that they thought they could run longer. After Harvick was so fast at Sonoma, it was surprising that he wasn't even competitive in this race.

This is bad. I'm curious to see how NASCAR handles this.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

sell the franchise!

the France family has been slowly killing Nascar for years.

How many current Cup drivers have actually met Brian France in person?

Chase got some luck with Kyle Busch having a fueling problem on the pit stop so he had to stop again to fuel. Busch still was able to go from 25th to third. Without the fueling issue, Kyle would likely have had his 7th win and Elliott his 9th-second place. What I find strange is how badly the Fords did in this race with the fastest finishing 9-12. I wonder if they were running some fuel strategy. Harvick was planning on coming in on the lap when the caution came out closing the pits. That suggests that they thought they could run longer. After Harvick was so fast at Sonoma, it was surprising that he wasn't even competitive in this race.

I'm just glad it turned out that way. It's crazy how much luck is involved to beat Busch/Harvick/Truex these days but I'm glad Chase didn't. I'm not really a fan of his but I'm tired of the same guys winning every race.

Was real disappointed in Allmendinger. I always look forward to the show he puts on at the Glen but he was basically out of it from the opening laps on. I don't know if the damage he sustained at the beginning did something to his car or if it was just that slow but that was a major disappointment.

I saw a report on the local news about the Dawsonville Poolroom celebrating Chase’s win and there were like 20 people there, if that.

tumblr_mu22sdPUBh1qfrkf9o6_250.gif

nascar took a big hit when dale died.
they also alienated many southerners when they removed all confederate flags.
the cars don't look like stock cars anymore.
the myriad rule changes have made the racing impossible to follow and boring to watch
for the most part.

I saw a report on the local news about the Dawsonville Poolroom celebrating Chase’s win and there were like 20 people there, if that.

tumblr_mu22sdPUBh1qfrkf9o6_250.gif

That might be almost the entire population.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back