The All-Purpose Motorsports Thread

Happy to see Joey Logano win the championship.

Happy to see Joey Logano win the championship.
Really? Notice how only keselowski came to victory circle to congratulate him. He is hated in the garage by othwr teams and frankly unlikable. Probably the worst outcome for nascar considering they are on death's door. Good to see a ford win though.

Really? Notice how only keselowski came to victory circle to congratulate him. He is hated in the garage by othwr teams and frankly unlikable. Probably the worst outcome for nascar considering they are on death's door. Good to see a ford win though.

They spent all season promoting the Big 3 and Logano wins the whole damn thing. lol

Keselowski, Logano's teammate hit Suarez and NASCAR threw an unnecessary caution to give Logano the chance at a win. Without that, Logano didn't have a prayer.

Mark Martin was finally right about Joey Logano

Keselowski, Logano's teammate hit Suarez and NASCAR threw an unnecessary caution to give Logano the chance at a win. Without that, Logano didn't have a prayer.

That caution benefitted Kyle Busch even more, though. If it didn't come out, it would've been between the 22 and the 4.

Robert Kubica to drive for Williams next year. Many people are congratulating him but it is in a Williams, who are 10th in the team standings and 26 points behind 9th place Toro Rosso.

Frankly amazed he got a seat in any car. I know he's been doing some test driving but he hasn't competed
in F1 in many years. Likable chap, nonetheless. I wish him well.

Frankly amazed he got a seat in any car. I know he's been doing some test driving but he hasn't competed
in F1 in many years. Likable chap, nonetheless. I wish him well.

The movie's gonna be great!

I wish him well. Some points out of him, maybe a random podium after shenanigans in a race.

With the shell of a car around him, the man has his work cut out for him though

The movie's gonna be great!

I wish him well. Some points out of him, maybe a random podium after shenanigans in a race.

With the shell of a car around him, the man has his work cut out for him though

A Williams with a podium finish would mean all but three cars dropped out of a race!

Hamilton claims the last pole position of the season as Mercedes locks out the front row. I think the top 6 are all starting on the same compound tires.

It rained in the desert today but not enough to go to wet tires. If it had rained harder, Ricciardo might have won as he stayed on the tires he started on for almost 50 laps and had the lead when it rained. Instead, Hamilton took over the lead he gave up when he pitted during a virtual safety car period on lap 7 when Raikkonen's Ferrari died on the front straightaway.

Hulkenberg did a nice barrel roll on lap one after running over Grosjean's front wheel.

shitty way for Kimi to leave scuderia, but at least we got to see his fine wife Minttu in the garage.
lewis-hamilton-kimi-raikkonen-crash-f1-british-gp-silverstone-mercedes-ferrari-minttu-715290.jpg

Dreams are free my brother, dreams are free....

Ref: Maldonado, Pascal

As Hugh Keough used to say: “The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.”

Whelp, it was a fun ride for us Kiwis. Hartley is officially out of his seat.

I'm probably biased but I thought he was hard done by but in that world, points are all that matters. He wasn't quite on pace with Gasly. Very much subscribed to "In order to finish first, first you must finish".

He's got loads of talent, he will certainly find a seat in other series.
Maybe endurance racing.

Back