The best non-superpowered superhero: Captain America or Batman?

I wouldn't include Punisher. In one of the older comics he was outstruck by a Thai fighter.

But did he later kill him?

DD kicked his ass too, until Frank hit him with a crazy sound producing device, tied him up then mind-fucked him...hard.

DD kicked his ass too, until Frank hit him with a crazy sound producing device, tied him up then mind-fucked him...hard.

If I'm not mistaken he used a weapon to but I was disappointed he resorted to that.

I consider Iron Man to be the most legit superhero cuz his powers are rooted within a rationalized, albeit futuristic technological paradigm. Captain America and Batman don't have the universal significance or reality potential that Iron Man does (in at least a limited sense) because they are distinctly characterized with outlandish accessories - a steel frisbee and a bat suit. Put simply, if a superhero were to exist now or in the future, of all comic book heroes, he'd most likely resemble Iron Man.. especially considering the pace of robotics and tech advancement

The super soldier serum is far from being a "normal" human.
If anything, Tony Stark is closer to normal than Captain America is. He's just a man in a tin can after all.

That aside, I think Batman is the overall more badass of the two. While Cap inspires those around him, Batman causes mass panic and fear. He can do more on his own and has had much tougher villains to deal with the past 75 years.

Batman takes this. (With or without prep time.)

Batman outsmarts every opponent he faces and combines it with his physical strengths, agility and tactical equipment. Captain America wouldn't know where he is before he even struck. It's kind of a tough case to make because Batman, for all his "normal guy" stigma is still engineered to be one of DC Comics' most victorious heroes.

Batman is a huge joke. He would get shitkicked by Cap, Spiderman, and completely destroyed by Iron Man.

But no, I'm sure he'll come up with an 'anti Iron Man spray' with prep time of course, and kick his ass. :rolleyes:

Batman is a huge joke. He would get shitkicked by Cap, Spiderman, and completely destroyed by Iron Man.

But no, I'm sure he'll come up with an 'anti Iron Man spray' with prep time of course, and kick his ass. :rolleyes:

[YT]L4_zFYnnn2Y[/YT]

I consider Iron Man to be the most legit superhero cuz his powers are rooted within a rationalized, albeit futuristic technological paradigm. Captain America and Batman don't have the universal significance or reality potential that Iron Man does (in at least a limited sense) because they are distinctly characterized with outlandish accessories - a steel frisbee and a bat suit. Put simply, if a superhero were to exist now or in the future, of all comic book heroes, he'd most likely resemble Iron Man.. especially considering the pace of robotics and tech advancement

For mass battles the Iron Man suit fits the bill.

For undercover operations, I'm sure Seal Team assassins would prefer a Batman type suit to take out powerful leaders with extreme stealth.

Better fighter, richer, smarter, has an army, rules a nation, not into little boys (but if he was, he would be better at that too!!)

Makes a Billion Dollar movie...oh, wait. No, that was my guy. :icon_chee

Better fighter? Up for debate. Batman has gone toe to toe with Captain America, and the Panther's single win over Cap is highly suspect.

Panther is the Obama of comics.:rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken he used a weapon to but I was disappointed he resorted to that.

Why? The Punisher is a soldier; for him, unarmed combat will always be the second best option.

In Marvel Knights, Frank starts following an assassin who has been paid to kill the Punisher through New York,

"Eddie Lau. Local Boy. Martial Artist. Black Belt minimum. In anything you care to name.

I know a little, too. Use it if I have to. I reckon if you're too close to shoot, you're too close, period. But I do have one favorite...

(By this time, Eddie is standing on a subway platform. The train is about to arrive. Frank shoves Eddie in front of it)

...Splat Fu.":icon_twis

Wolverine says it himself.
NVOAY7w.jpg

DPRochambeau.jpg

dpd4.jpg

dpd5.jpg

dpd6.jpg

dpd7.jpg

dpd8.jpg

dpd10.jpg

The fight kept getting interrupted, but The Punisher was getting his ass handed to him.

Frank admits that DD is far superior to him in unarmed combat,

"I'll give him the first round because he's in for a bad night.

Giving him the the first round is easy. I don't stand a chance against him.

Never have."

They've done this many times and they always come out as equals. I think that's a pretty fair assesment. Batman and Cap are tactically equal - but Bats has more equipment and is a better engineer/detective/gadget maker while Cap is slightly stronger and faster.

They come out even ladies and gents. They are in the same weight class and would both be ranked 95 in EA MMA.

However, this thread needs a poll.

MODDDS

I was all set to say Cap takes a hand-to-hand fight based on super-doping, but then I saw Batman doing some exceptional bullet timing, and now I don't know what to think.

batbulletblock.jpg

I want to chalk the image up to bad writing, but based on this feat, Batman would win.

In any case, Batman would still not be the best non-superpowered superhero because pre-Crisis Karate Kid wins hands down.

2880548-2763575-407858_karate_kid_own_supes_super.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back