The BIGGEST winners and losers of UFC 298 (official)

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
In this thread I will be going over my official take on the biggest winners and losers of UFC 298. No opinions, just facts.

Biggest winners:

#1 - Topuria. This manlet did everything right: he hyped up the fight, KO'd his opponent in spectacular fashion and backed up his trash talk. Imagine saying Volk will be one of your easier fights and then actually KOing him in the 2nd round.. That's crazy. Goodbye Volkanovski, hello Topuria. I'm definitely riding this man's hype train.

#2 - Ian Garry. Although he didn't beat him in spectacular fashion like he said he would, beating Magny is no joke. Ian's striking looked sharp, factual, automative. Even Shavkat (future WW champion) went through hell to beat him. Ian is undefeated and is now 1 fight away from a championship fight. Everyone's talking about him. Everyone came to see him lose. Ian Garry, I'm riding your train too.

#3 - Max Holloway. As a huge Holloway fan, I could not be happier with there being a new champ. Although it hurted me that Max fought Volk 3 times and didn't win, at least now we can see him face off against someone different. Personally, I think Max should fight for the belt, reclaim it, then retire. He's too high mileage and this is a good opportunity to 'go out with a bang'. It is what it is.

#4 - Khabib. Retired at the right time. Today we were reminded of that.

Biggest losers:

#1 - Volkanovski. By far, Volkanovski is the biggest loser of tonight. I used to be a fan of this guy. Not any more. Volk could have gotten an instant rematch if he didn't chase the LW strap and get KO'd doing so. The man used to be #1 PFP but now he's just a punching bag. Volkanovski's performance was shocking. Where was his defence?! Maybe if he put on a good performance it wouldn't been so bad. Absolutely shocking. Easily one of the worst championship performances I've ever seen. Time to move on from Volk.

#2 - Cejudo. Pissed away his prime, came back too old and lost to a goblin. To make it worser, he was denied his rehearsed retirement speech. Ouch. Shoulda defended your 2 belts while you had them buddy. Let this be a reminder of how champ-champ status don't mean shit.

#3 - 'Pull-out Paulo'. Why is this man still here? He never fights and when he does, he doesn't win "Hehehehehe secret juice good for u hehehehehe." Cut the man already. Waste of time + money.

161749017_3933545346756459_946320148376961412_n.jpg

A man fights in the cage less than 12 hours ago

"He never fights"

When is your next cage fight TS?

Some crazy hate on Paulo going here bro. Dude has an organic grown fanbase because he’s funny af and brings the fireworks in the cage. No shame in losing a toss up decision to Whittaker when he clearly did more damage and had Whits face looking like a raw beef patty.

I think you pencil neck Sherbros are just Gymtimidated by the physique.

<DisgustingHHH>

Back