The Cell

I forgive you my son.
Conor bless your misspoken soul
nate-diaz-middle-finger-604x286.png

I think the takeaway for most people when it came out was that the visual style was impressive. That's how I view it. Okayish movie that is elevated by interesting production design, cinematography, direction. I think that filmmaker was a music video director who was noted for a sort of creative, distinctive visual sense.

Odd combination of actors in there- Lopez, pre-predominantly-comedic Vaughan, and D"Onofrio doing his best Ted Levine type schtick.

You can literally see Vincent D' get fatter as the movie goes on lol.

lol. I saw the Robert Altman movie The Player for the first time the other day. D'Onofrio was ultra young and was outright lanky.

I believe D'Onofrio and Vaughan would wind up reuniting, playing brothers in that dumb comedy with Aniston from a over a decade ago.

I think the takeaway for most people when it came out was that the visual style was impressive. That's how I view it. Okayish movie that is elevated by interesting production design, cinematography, direction. I think that filmmaker was a music video director who was noted for a sort of creative, distinctive visual sense.

Odd combination of actors in there- Lopez, pre-predominantly-comedic Vaughan, and D"Onofrio doing his best Ted Levine type schtick.

It was honestly like two music videos surrounded by a bunch of context

The sequel.

LostWorld2.jpg

Jurassic World 2 rips off The Lost World left and right and makes it look like the quality of the first movie by comparison.

All these years later, even though it's a dumb sequel that pales in comparison to its great predecessor, I still enjoy The Lost World and think it's the second best of the series.

I remember me and a couple other dudes got blazed off our tits and watched it as teenagers.

Visually it was pretty amazing at that time.

I believe D'Onofrio and Vaughan would wind up reuniting, playing brothers in that dumb comedy with Aniston from a over a decade ago.

The Break Up. Literally watched that movie with my wife last night. I don’t know why she wanted to watch it. She said it was for old time’s sake as we saw that on our third date back when it came out in June 2006. I fucking hated it then and I hated it now.

When we saw it the first time it left me feeling uncomfortable as it stirred up some feelings at the time from a bad break up I had the year before with a girl I had been with nearly three years.

Watching it last night was even worse, because the movie gives a fairly realistic representation of some real faults that men and women can bring into a relationship. Then last night me and the wife had a really big fight, and an even bigger one today while we were out doing errands with our kids. Coincidence? I think not.

My advice to anyone: don’t watch that movie with your significant other. It’s not even funny. And I don’t mean I didn’t find it funny, I mean I don’t think it’s even meant to be funny. There’s only like 4 scenes in the whole movie that are meant to be funny, there rest is serious, but not quite a drama either.

The Break Up. Literally watched that movie with my wife last night. I don’t know why she wanted to watch it. She said it was for old time’s sake as we saw that on our third date back when it came out in June 2006. I fucking hated it then and I hated it now.

When we saw it the first time it left me feeling uncomfortable as it stirred up some feelings at the time from a bad break up I had the year before with a girl I had been with nearly three years.

Watching it last night was even worse, because the movie gives a fairly realistic representation of some real faults that men and women can bring into a relationship. Then last night me and the wife had a really big fight, and an even bigger one today while we were out doing errands with our kids. Coincidence? I think not.

My advice to anyone: don’t watch that movie with your significant other. It’s not even funny. And I don’t mean I didn’t find it funny, I mean I don’t think it’s even meant to be funny. There’s only like 4 scenes in the whole movie that are meant to be funny, there rest is serious, but not quite a drama either.

I could never make it through the whole film. Caught a bit of it on TV here or there but it didn't hold my interest. It definitely gave me that vibe of "this movie was marketed as a straight up comedy, but where's the laughs?" type situation. I like Vaughan, Aniston, D'Onofrio, and feel that John Michael Higgins dude is an underrated comedic character actor, but I was not into it at all.

That said, I'm sorry to hear about the fight, man. That sucks. No doubt in my mind that you're right that this is a bad movie for couples to watch together.

J-Lo's bubble butt in panties is the only thing that stands out to me from that movie.

giphy.gif

I think Vince Vaughn was a nobody at this point, but J-Lo was totally the selling point.

Actually, he was a pretty big up and comer at the time. I believe this was one of his last attempts at being a serious dramatic actor. He pretty much went into limbo after this and "Psycho", and then revived his career with comedy a few years later.

That's how I remember it anyways.

Good movie though. Underrated.

Actually, he was a pretty big up and comer at the time. I believe this was one of his last attempts at being a serious dramatic actor. He pretty much went into limbo after this and "Psycho", and then revived his career with comedy a few years later.

That's how I remember it anyways.

Good movie though. Underrated.

Definitely how I remember it as well. I remember I saw three of his roles actually in movie theaters in 97 and 98- The Lost World, Psycho (which was trash), and a moral dilemma drama that was pretty damn good from what I recall, Return to Paradise.

So when Old School completely changed the nature of his career trajectory, it was kind of funny to me. I mean you had Swingers and Made bookending those previous roles I mentioned, but he struck me as more of a dramatic actor than a comedic one until about '03.

Definitely how I remember it as well. I remember I saw three of his roles actually in movie theaters in 97 and 98- The Lost World, Psycho (which was trash), and a moral dilemma drama that was pretty damn good from what I recall, Return to Paradise.

So when Old School completely changed the nature of his career trajectory, it was kind of funny to me. I mean you had Swingers and Made bookending those previous roles I mentioned, but he struck me as more of a dramatic actor than a comedic one until about '03.

He's a bit John C Reilly, only his career never went in the toilet. He just became a goofy comedy guy outta nowhere, after years of being known as a serious dramatic actor.

Has anyone else ever seen this movie? It has Vince Vaughn, J-lo, and Vincent D'onofrio. About some lady diving into the mind of a serial killer to save his next victim. It's pretty dumb, but I like it because it was the first time I saw a fully naked woman. The scene with the horse is really cool, but it turns out there was already some artist who did the same thing, but with a real horse.
I remember liking it, was like Silence of the Lambs on acid (hate that description)

Jlo was surprisingly good, and the horse scene was pretty cool too. Good movie

Yeah a long ass time ago. Vince Vaughn wasn’t too bad in this movie same with J-Lo. Pretty solid film overall with a good concept.

It kinda fucked with me a little.

He's a bit John C Reilly, only his career never went in the toilet. He just became a goofy comedy guy outta nowhere, after years of being known as a serious dramatic actor.

You ever notice that in his comedy movies Vince Vaughn’s characters always have the most random careers?

In Old School he owned some stereo and home theatre sales shop.

In the Break Up he operated one of those hop on-hop off tour buses... in Chicago?

In Wedding Crashes he was a divorce mediator.

In Couples Retreat he was a Guitar Hero salesman.

It’s really bizarre.

Back