THE CROW Reboot (First Trailer Released)

Looks meh but whatever, I probably won't watch it just like most movies.

You, Sting, me and half the kids in my grade (especially in the metro Detroit area)...lol.

Mixed feelings on the trailer.

Of all the Ozzy they couldve used that would've worked better, they pick a Post Malone collaboration....?
Of all the concerts I been too I only regret not seeing 3 Ozzy Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd. Fuckin kick myself cause I didnt go to Ozzfest with my friends. Theres still a chance to see Iron Maiden tho.
Post Malone isnt even worthy to clean Ozzys shoes. Can you imagine what Zack could do to him if he got mad. AND WHY THE FUCK ISNT ZACK IN THEIR VIDEO BY GAWD? Zack can also sing better than post malone.

Gawd damn imma shake the building tomorrow blasting this UH UH.

Just watched it. Looks terribad. Yet another Hollyweird remake that's been butchered. Why can't we have nice things anymore. I was semi looking forward to this one.

Is that Jared Leto playing Joker again? Jesus Christ this looks horrible. The Crow from 1994 is one of my favorite movies of all time, with one of the greatest movie soundtracks of all time. No one will capture what Brandon Lee did with it. Leave things alone, Hollywood. I hope it tanks HARD.

It looks...violent, I guess.

Remaking this was always gonna be tough. The original is it's own thing that you can't really recreate. It's a bit like "Scarface" in that regard, that would lose half of it's identity if you took the hyper 80's vibe out of it. Its mood and atmosphere is half the hook. Take that away, and it's not nearly as memorable.

That said, it at least looks like it's not gonna pull any punches and will be a nice hard R-rated action flick.
To be fair it did exist prior to the original film and it doesnt seem to be looking to exploit attachment to that film, in modern Hollywood thats arguebly more originally that a lot of what gets made.

Again I think Sanders is one of the more underrated directors making blockbuster style stuff these days, Ghost in the Shell got caught up in that "whitewashing" nonsense and maybe overestimated how well known the franchsie actually was in the west(similar to Tron Legacy and Blade Runner 2049) but I think it was actually a pretty strong filml, Script feels a bit by committee at points but its a very well directed, manages to capture the look of the anime film and add in plenty of new stuff just as eye catching(not just Scarlett in tight rubber) plus has some quite effective drama.

If thats anything to go by I suspect this film will probably have quite a lot of style and slower paced atmosphere to it, just not the early 90's goth look of the Lee film. Trailers tend to go heavy on the action and big dramatic moments though.

Last edited:
I've never seen the movies (only played the shitty video game) but this looks kinda bad.

Of all the concerts I been too I only regret not seeing 3 Ozzy Iron Maiden and Pink Floyd. Fuckin kick myself cause I didnt go to Ozzfest with my friends. Theres still a chance to see Iron Maiden tho.
Post Malone isnt even worthy to clean Ozzys shoes. Can you imagine what Zack could do to him if he got mad. AND WHY THE FUCK ISNT ZACK IN THEIR VIDEO BY GAWD? Zack can also sing better than post malone.

Gawd damn imma shake the building tomorrow blasting this UH UH.

Saw Oz solo a few times, and with Sab. Saw BLS a few times.

Never saw Ozzy and Zakk together

Hard pass. This is def for gen z dorks. Post Malone on the soundtrack and a main character whose tattoos look like grade school desk graffiti. Dude looks like he's gonna steal my catalytic converter.

YUCK

Also my homie @Fengxian is super offended. The original meant a lot to him since he was raised in Detroit after his parents came to America on the Golden Venture. He doesn't like how they race swapped the half Chinese lead and made his wife a light skinned black person. The lead for the movie also has a Machine Gun Kelly hairline instead of the beautiful hair of Brandon Lee.

Last edited:
I actually really liked the part where hes getting fired upon.

I love the original. Brandon Lee's death was the first celebrity death that hit me. So anything Crow related means something to me.

That being said, if this weren't Eric and Shelley's story I'd like it more. As it is, I don't automatically hate this.

Back