The first person to eat blue cheese

I love blue cheese. OP probably hates Brie as well, which I also love.

"T'was a brave man who first ate an oyster."
"No. I believe it merely a hungry one."

Blue cheese crumbles can be great in a salad or even in a specific type of burger, but if a place tries to put it on my steak then it just makes me wonder what they're trying to hide

Blue cheese on steak is delicious.

Disgusting habit, IMHO.

I have to wonder about the first person to eat Parmesan cheese. They would have thought “It smells like dirty feet. Why would I put this on anything?” And then they put it on their pizza or something and realized it was pretty good.

It's just matters of degree. People ate food further and further out of date without getting ill and it tasted better over time.

And for the record a banging Roquefort is absolutely mint.

I love blue cheese. OP probably hates Brie as well, which I also love.
I think you've thoroughly misunderstood the point of my thread. I like brie. That said, I prefer camembert. Similar texture, but much more flavor.
I have to wonder about the first person to eat Parmesan cheese. They would have thought “It smells like dirty feet. Why would I put this on anything?” And then they put it on their pizza or something and realized it was pretty good.
All the best cheeses smell horrible for some reason. I'm thankful for all the madlads throughout history that convinced normal people to give them a try.
It's just matters of degree. People ate food further and further out of date without getting ill and it tasted better over time.

And for the record a banging Roquefort is absolutely mint.
Roquefort is definitely the GOAT blue cheese imo. Stilton and gorgonzola are also amazing, but nothing beats a good Roquefort.

Haddock is the food that confuses my smeller and taster. But there is a lot of stuff humans consume that make me ponder. Mushrooms for instance.
Mushrooms are delicious and I won't stand for anyone slandering their name.

Mushrooms are delicious and I won't stand for anyone slandering their name.
Some of them ARE delicious. Some of them also can kill you. If your first experience was fried Morels, you might see a Death Cap and want to introduce it to some grease.

I think you've thoroughly misunderstood the point of my thread. I like brie. That said, I prefer camembert. Similar texture, but much more flavor.
I reread the post and you're right, I did misunderstand the point. Apologies.

How hungry must that person have been?

Also, how good of a salesman must he have been? "Hey, I know this looks and smells like it will literally kill you, but I promise it's really good". And he was one of the few salesmen in history to use his powers for good. God bless that absolute madman.
Same with vagina.

All the best cheeses smell horrible for some reason. I'm thankful for all the madlads throughout history that convinced normal people to give them a try.

Roquefort is definitely the GOAT blue cheese imo. Stilton and gorgonzola are also amazing, but nothing beats a good Roquefort.
I prefer Gorgonzola cause its creamier

Back