The folly UFC throwing its weight behind mm as a star

I have nothing against his size but rather him boring me for 24 minutes then deleivering an exciting finish over a bum and then the Hype machine regurgitating "goat" over and over again.

None of the fighters Johnson has finished have been bums. I would say the worst of them was clearly Chris Cariaso, who is a journeyman, not a bum. On the other hand, Johnson has finished great fighters like Benavidez and Horiguchi.

None of the fighters Johnson has finished have been bums. I would say the worst of them was clearly Chris Cariaso, who is a journeyman, not a bum. On the other hand, Johnson has finished great fighters like Benavidez and Horiguchi.

wow so now we're calling benavidez and horiguchi great fighters. okay pal whatever you say.

They definitely have NOT marketed DJ worth a shit.

He has the most complete skill-set of any MMA fighter today, regardless of the 'manlet' hate he gets here.

He's also cool as fuck. Which may be the issue.

Loud-mouth Douches seem to get the most fans nowadays. That said, they could market the heck out of him with fight high-lights alone, if they wanted to.

LOL we've been down this road before you and I. Remember you waived the white flag. DJ isn't marketable because no one cares to see him outside of a few hardcores..They are not going to make money off of his fights and at best he is a co-main event material if there aren't already 2 other championship fights on the same card and even the women take precedence. Face it no one cares about this guy outside a handful of people and that's been proven over and over.

Also number 1 p4p fighter on the planet is Jones regardless of what you think about him outside the octagon.

<JonesLaugh>

Also number 1 p4p fighter on the planet is Jones regardless of what you think about him outside the octagon.

<JonesLaugh>

Except he's not. Mighty Mouse is the objective #1 P4P. Nice try, though.

Except he's not. Mighty Mouse is the objective #1 P4P. Nice try, though.

<TrumpWrong1>

LOL who the fuck has he fought? All these nobodies and ducks the one guy who could have legitimized his career in Dillashaw. The division he resides in is weak as fuck at best and Jones arguably had the best 2 years of anyone ever in MMA. Can't even put these 2 in teh same category you fool lmfao

<13>

<TrumpWrong1>

LOL who the fuck has he fought? All these nobodies and ducks the one guy who could have legitimized his career in Dillashaw. The division he resides in is weak as fuck at best and Jones arguably had the best 2 years of anyone ever in MMA. Can't even put these 2 in teh same category you fool lmfao

<13>
http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

Look at the 'Pound for Pound' section. See someone familiar? Stay mad.

I read the article on sherdog today which basically states that, generally, and going forward, UFC is having serious problems selling ppv's.

We all knew this anyway, but my point here is, the UFC, as the premier cage fighting entity on the planet, has choices in how it promotes and markets itself. So why on earth would they invest in mm? Especially knowing he's box-office poison. Ducking Tj got him more talked about than his actual fights! I have nothing against his size but rather him boring me for 24 minutes then deleivering an exciting finish over a bum and then the Hype machine regurgitating "goat" over and over again.

The biggest reason that I think it's foolish that mm is being promoted is because of what bellator is doing: fighters like Rory, mitrione, gegard, fedor, Larkin, fucking Aaron pico, all have enough value to have been offered Money to make a living in another org. The same is true of Ben askren with Onefc.
However, No other org is going to offer mm any money, as he brings in zero fans and stirs up zero interest relatively speaking.

Even a shot fedor still had value and was offered a better than fair deal in bellator because of what he's done in the past and b/c the mystique and Interest he generates. Mm has none of this pull. And generates none of the interest to make it remotely worth someone's while to roll the dice on promoting him- except UFC who knows he has no value to other orgs and are better off keeping him because no one else would offer him anything to join them.

Does wme have a deathwish, are they willing to sacrifice themselves on the altar of mm of all people? Josh Barnett was roiding and helped bring about the end of affliction, yet UFC and strike force STILL was willing to pay him because he is exciting.

Mm is squeaky clean and a nice person, yet he has relatively no ratings/ ppv value even now. He would have no value to bellator or the other orgs. What is UFC thinking? Did they go 'full retard'?

I stopped reading when you claimed he is boring.

It seems you are just too fucking stupid and biased.

Not worth the time to explain.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings?id=

Look at the 'Pound for Pound' section. See someone familiar? Stay mad.

I don't give a fuck about your link fuckhead lol. Facts are facts MM isn't the best fighter on the planet period. Jones is GOAT whether you like it or not. You don't have to like him, you can hate him but undeniably he is the greatest mixed martial artist on the planet and has beaten a who's who list of the best to ever do it. He just caved in DC's head lol, the same guy that hasn't been beaten in the likes of the HW division let alone the LHW's. MM's resume can't hold a candle to anything Jones has accomplished. Keep crying for that little guy, we both really know what's going on

I don't give a fuck about your link fuckhead lol. Facts are facts MM isn't the best fighter on the planet period. Jones is GOAT whether you like it or not. You don't have to like him, you can hate him but undeniably he is the greatest mixed martial artist on the planet and has beaten a who's who list of the best to ever do it. He just caved in DC's head lol, the same guy that hasn't been beaten in the likes of the HW division let alone the LHW's. MM's resume can't hold a candle to anything Jones has accomplished. Keep crying for that little guy, we both really know what's going on

You willfully ignorant jackass. Those are the official rankings. Mighty Mouse is ranked the #1 P4P. That's a fact. Jones isn't even eligible because he couldn't stop taking 'dick pills' for one fight.

You willfully ignorant jackass. Those are the official rankings. Mighty Mouse is ranked the #1 P4P. That's a fact. Jones isn't even eligible because he couldn't stop taking 'dick pills' for one fight.

LOL you're the ignorant one here. Everyone that has been around the fight game, fighters themselves don't put any stock into this piece of shit list. Ask the fighters and they'll all say the same things regardless of what he did, he's the baddest man on the planet. Choke on it fuckhead, the sooner you swallow it the easier your life will be.

Let MM keep ducking real comp so he can get that weak ass record. When Silva held it at least it was respectable..

Jon Jones is a juice headed steroid fraud.

LOL you're the ignorant one here. Everyone that has been around the fight game, fighters themselves don't put any stock into this piece of shit list. Ask the fighters and they'll all say the same things regardless of what he did, he's the baddest man on the planet. Choke on it fuckhead, the sooner you swallow it the easier your life will be.

Let MM keep ducking real comp so he can get that weak ass record. When Silva held it at least it was respectable..
Try again, nimrod.

Tyron Woodley

Aljamain Sterling

Daniel Cormier
cormier-png.286581

Derek Bruson

Stipe Miocic

Cub Swanson

Dustin Porier

Alan Jouban

Will Brooks

Brian Stann
"Demetrious Johnson is the GOAT. There is no question."

Kenny Florian
"Mighty Mouse is the GOAT."

Dana White
"Demetrious Johnson is definitely the greatest UFC fighter ever."

Joe Rogan
"Mighty Mouse is the greatest UFC fighter ever."

Carlos Condit
"(True or false - DJ is the GOAT?) Uh...true."

Megan Anderson

Yves Edwards

Ian McCall

Manny Gamburyan

Dhiego Lima

Jordan Rinaldi

David Michaud

Dominic Mazotta

Andre Harrison

Simon Samano

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/ufc-21...e-makes-it-tough-to-argue-against-goat-status

LOL I can do the same shit, opinions change like the wind blows. Everyone was clamoring for Jones after he knocked DCs head clean off and then he tested dirty and now he sucks..If that's the case the Anderson Silva sucks, Wands accomplishments are for not, Ubereem is a piece etc etc. TBH most of the MMA world is on some kind of shit to gain an advantage. From roids to killing themselves to make weight so they can sandbag against much smaller competition. This is the game.

Jones is the greatest to ever do it, not the smartest LMFAO but he is the greatest bar none.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/07/ufc-21...e-makes-it-tough-to-argue-against-goat-status

LOL I can do the same shit, opinions change like the wind blows. Everyone was clamoring for Jones after he knocked DCs head clean off and then he tested dirty and now he sucks..If that's the case the Anderson Silva sucks, Wands accomplishments are for not, Ubereem is a piece etc etc. TBH most of the MMA world is on some kind of shit to gain an advantage. From roids to killing themselves to make weight so they can sandbag against much smaller competition. This is the game.

Jones is the greatest to ever do it, not the smartest LMFAO but he is the greatest bar none.

Haha, you ignorant know-nothing. I list Tyron Woodley, Stipe, Daniel Cormier, Carlos Condit, Will Brooks, Brian Stann, etc., and you give me mostly guys like Lando, James Vick, and Siyar. Show yourself out.

Try again, nimrod.

Tyron Woodley

Aljamain Sterling

Daniel Cormier
cormier-png.286581

Derek Bruson

Stipe Miocic

Cub Swanson

Dustin Porier

Alan Jouban

Will Brooks

Brian Stann
"Demetrious Johnson is the GOAT. There is no question."

Kenny Florian
"Mighty Mouse is the GOAT."

Dana White
"Demetrious Johnson is definitely the greatest UFC fighter ever."

Joe Rogan
"Mighty Mouse is the greatest UFC fighter ever."

Carlos Condit
"(True or false - DJ is the GOAT?) Uh...true."

Megan Anderson

Yves Edwards

Ian McCall

Manny Gamburyan

Dhiego Lima

Jordan Rinaldi

David Michaud

Dominic Mazotta

Andre Harrison

Simon Samano

That shows that UFC does try to promote MM as most of those tweets are by UFC employees/fighters.

The problem is it can do so much when MM is not trying to promote himself. Even his twitch channel is not popular.

Stop trying to change the subject. Anderson Silva isn't eligible for #1 P4P status, either. He lost that opportunity when he decided to put PEDs into his body. All of his accomplishments now have an asterik besides them, just like Jon Jones. But at least Anderson Silva is permitted to compete. Jon Jones is going to be away from the sport for at least a year and probably a lot longer. You can't be pound for pound #1 of a sport you're not allowed to compete in, dummy.

Back