The Good Doctor official thread.

its absolutely one of the worst shows ive ever seen on network television. i cant watch it and find any of the content serious. its as if they made a serious drama and its centered around ben stillers simple jack.

Youre being way too harsh. Its not a bad show.

LMAO that clip was hilarious.

Almost thought it was an SNL parody for at least 3 seconds.

Why would you make an official discussion thread about a show you don't like and don't plan to continue watching?

Why would you make an official discussion thread about a show you don't like and don't plan to continue watching?
i just made the thread since there wasnt a discussion thread. in discussion threads people talk about it. here we are.

thats not saying alot.

Im a pretty big tv/movie buff and I knew right away that the good doctor had potential which is why I made a thread about it.

I like the backstory and how they showed moments of dr murphy with his brother as a child, and how he came under the care of glassman.

I think the real potential lies in the emotional attachment to the characters. The relationship between dr murphy and glassman feels real.

If they can keep building these emotional attachments to the characters I think the show will do well. Not just the main characters but the patients as well. I thought the asain gamer episode and his relationship with dr murphy was interesting.

Not big on claire/jared and the relationship stuff, they should switch directions there.

Ive only ever seen that trailer, and it comes across as a really dark, deadpan, Jason Sudekies SNL skit.

I was watching thinking, the hell? But right when the good doctor graphic appeared i laughed audibly. Something about it alludes to parody.

My wife has PVR'd every episode. She keeps asking me when I want to watch it with her. I just keep coming up with small household projects for us to do instead.

Our house has never looked better thanks to "The Good Doctor".

Richard Schiff was awesome on the West Wing...is he good on this?

Im a pretty big tv/movie buff and I knew right away that the good doctor had potential which is why I made a thread about it.

I like the backstory and how they showed moments of dr murphy with his brother as a child, and how he came under the care of glassman.

I think the real potential lies in the emotional attachment to the characters. The relationship between dr murphy and glassman feels real.

If they can keep building these emotional attachments to the characters I think the show will do well. Not just the main characters but the patients as well. I thought the asain gamer episode and his relationship with dr murphy was interesting.

Not big on claire/jared and the relationship stuff, they should switch directions there.
ive watched an episode. i thought the entire show was very poorly acted. sorry. im not alone.

ive watched an episode. i thought the entire show was very poorly acted. sorry. im not alone.

Well youre entitled to your opinion, and though not alone, youre a minority.

Its the most watched show on TV and Freddie is being talked about for acting awards. Youre not seeing what most people are seeing.

Well youre entitled to your opinion, and though not alone, youre a minority.

Its the most watched show on TV and Freddie is being talked about for acting awards. Youre not seeing what most people are seeing.
you know what else has a huge following? the bachelor.

Hate this show. I forced myself to watch several episodes after everyone kept going on about it, but it’s shit. How this gets renewed while Chance gets canceled is beyond me.

I just started watching The Resident. Lots of ridiculous stuff, but it has potential. Some funny parts. I’m enjoying it so far.

looks ridiculously bad but unintentionally hilarious, that is terrible acting. Simple jack was a perfect description. The commercial that they showed all day sunday during football was one of the funniest things I saw all day.
'you're a terrorist arnt you' (read it like simple jack would)

So is this show like Doogie Houser MD, but the young doctor prodigy is autistic?

I thought I'd give it a shot because I have a couple friends with autistic children. I couldn't handle it, my sister works with people that have autism and says it is a pretty accurate portrayal but it just seems over the top.

Well I know an autistic guy at my work. No real emotion in the way he speaks so I guess they kinda nailed it from that clip.

Yeah... I've caught bits and pieces. It seems like a weird attempt to educate the masses about autism.

I love that there's assholes that are a dick to the guy on the show and don't even try to understand him.

I guess the networks have really given up about how to reboot yet another hospital show.... lol

network TV loves its hospital dramas- Good Doctor, Grey's Anatomy (how the hell is that still going?), Chitown Med, and I was hearing commercials for one about a doctor who is basically crusading against the system, the status quo and healthcare as business. Don't remember the name but it sounded like it at least had a distinctive angle.

That's just it though- I feel cable and streaming stations are really willing to try new things and innovate a bit but because network TV is so accountable to the quest for ratings, they have to go to the tried and true.

Back