The greatest frontman of a band ever ?

Since the obvious goat (mercury) and the other top contenders have all been said a hundred times, Ill throw out a name nobody has mentioned: Corey Taylor of Slipknot/Stone Sour.

He can control the crowd better than just about anyone, has great stage pressence, and hes an underrated singer. Ive seen many of the bands listed (Metallica, LB, Ozzy, Kiss, NIN, etc) and he is up there.

A few other names that havent been mentioned:

Till Lederman - Rammstein
Brent Smith - Shinedown (probably one of the best live vocalists I have ever seen)

Perry Farrell is up there for me. Huge stage presence, voice and oddness of character.

As far as Liam goes as well he basically stole much of his persona from Ian Brown.

There is only one answer to this. Everyone in...

FUCKING METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! RIDE BITCHES RIDE!!!!! GAAAAAAARRRRR!

tumblr_nrx89yF13v1sxm49so1_500.gif

What are they basing this off of? Singing ability? Personality? Guitar playing skills? A combination of all?

Since the obvious goat (mercury) and the other top contenders have all been said a hundred times, Ill throw out a name nobody has mentioned: Corey Taylor of Slipknot/Stone Sour.

He can control the crowd better than just about anyone, has great stage pressence, and hes an underrated singer. Ive seen many of the bands listed (Metallica, LB, Ozzy, Kiss, NIN, etc) and he is up there.

A few other names that havent been mentioned:

Till Lederman - Rammstein
Brent Smith - Shinedown (probably one of the best live vocalists I have ever seen)
^^^^
Good call on the Rammstein vocalist. We were blown away watching in dvd their Berlin concert. He was hitting his head with the microphone and was bleeding. It was fucking awesome along with the fireworks. What a fucking bad ass

I was just listening to Queen before seeing this thread and thought about this. I don't think there's been anyone better than Freddie Mercury. Live Aid '85 was one of the greatest ever frontman performances.

I'm glad that video is an hour because I couldn't believe what I was seeing after only 45 minutes of watching.

The tension of whether someone will give the man some reggae or not becomes unbearable about 43 mins in.

Eddie Vedder was a crazy MF:

Actually saw him do the hole in the stage thing in Boston in like 94. I was like WTF?!?!

He also doesn't like dicks in his crowd:

Last edited:
Some that havent been mentioned

Daultry from the Who

Ozzy

Phil Lynott
Freddie Mercury
Bruce Dickinson
Jagger
Ian Curtis

I'm not really a fan of Queen but I can't think of anyone with the same charisma and presence as Mercury. Plus the dude could sing his balls off
I'm surprised so many people did NOT mention Freddie Mercury. It's a no-brainer to me. The guy can make entire stadiums sing along despite being dead for almost 20 years.

Bruce Dickinson & Axl Rose

Bruce Dickinson live is just so good. Happy to saw him live 5 times. Truly great.
Freddy Mercury also came to mind when entering this thread, so good choice

Back