The impact of Nate Diaz' "everybody's on steroids" statement / MMA fans' faith in USADA

The supplement was a garden of life protein powder and they found it was tainted in many of the powders.

Bisping accused rampage first so who knows who’s telling the truth.
That's great and all but doesn't change the fact he failed a test. I love how he puts down everyone else for being on roids & more than half of his training partners that he has trained with for a decades have failed.

That's great and all but doesn't change the fact he failed a test. I love how he puts down everyone else for being on roids & more than half of his training partners that he has trained with for a decades have failed.
Bro Nick and Nate need steroids if anything. Neither one would be smart enough to mask steroids since they can’t even mask marijuana

Bro Nick and Nate need steroids if anything. Neither one would be smart enough to mask steroids since they can’t even mask marijuana
That's great, but still failed test & you creating excuses will not change that FACT be it tainted or not. If it was anyone else you people would be crucifyin him right now.

That's great, but still failed test & you creating excuses will not change that FACT be it tainted or not. If it was anyone else you people would be crucifyin him right now.
Big difference between intentionally taking steroids and taking a tainted supplement that was proven to be tainted

Big difference between intentionally taking steroids and taking a tainted supplement that was proven to be tainted
Still failed test, better than accusing like what you're doing right now claiming other athletes are on them without proof.

https://ufc.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/

It's really strange that there's almost only really low profile name on this list. Only people it wouldn't hurt the UFC at all if they were gone forever....
USADA doesn’t have to release failed tests anymore. If a big star fails a test, the UFC could tell them to fake an injury and claim they’re getting surgery during the ban. Or UFC could pay off or convince USADA to do favors every now and again

i think steroids should be mandatory. until then though jones is not a goat. hes a cheating POS psychopath

It looks like people take his word for it and parrot it blindly whenever a PED/steroids discussion is brought up. MMA also seems to be the only sport where most "fans" don't really care about who has cheated and who hasn't. The only sport where people declare a fighter like Jon Jones the GOAT even though he's been caught for steroids multiple times. So effectively, they're stating a cheater is the greatest MMA fighter of all time. I can't think of any other sport where its fans generally don't give a shit.

Why do MMA fans have this blind spot? USADA isn't called MMADA for a reason, they're enforcing regulations in other sports aswell, where there's a much bigger negative stigma for PED users. It's baffling to me and the only two reasons I can think of is that the majority of people just parrot Diaz, and/or are influenced by PRIDE back in the days, where juicing was "legal".

I'm aware there's still workarounds and designer steroids that USADA hasn't figured out how to trace yet, but I just don't believe these are accessible for any athlete if they're even willing to take them.

@mods perhaps one of you could add a poll with the question "Do you trust USADA to do their job correctly"?
It is very simple, becausea a lot of those same people Jones fought (not only him ofc) popped at one time or the other coupled with a fact that it is well known that you can use a lot of them and still pass the tests quite easy. Couple it with a fact that it is standard to use it at an olympic level where more and more people fail test for years after they have been at an olympics and you can see why people are suspicious. There is no way that USADA caught all the people using, even if they caught a lot of them. Proved by every sport and anti-doping organization on the world. Not to add all the confessions of those athletes and just how common it is in every sport, combat ones included. That is the reason some people don’t care that much.

Still failed test, better than accusing like what you're doing right now claiming other athletes are on them without proof.
Who did I accuse? I’m simply stating they’re guys juicing especially the jacked ones and how they’re doing it. It’s not that hard to micro dose or not notify USADA when leaving the country.

it’s pretty obvious like all sports when guys are on steroids. Being lean but muscular as shit is a huge red flag. If a guy looks like he can compete in bodybuilding then get real.

HGH bumps are also seen on fighters all the time even though no failed tests

I do trust them in a sense that they are trying, but I'm aware that they will be always trying to catch up so many things can pass.

Anybody that's ever competed or trained knew this 20+ years or so before he said it. His words may seem more impactful now that we have a lot of fanbois pretending their favey was always clean because they've never popped.

Is normal.

The key thing is what you can get by with as long as you have a note from some doctor willing to write it for you, and since the UFC have obscured the process I believe this will the most common way guys are using PEDs.

As an example - half the British cycling team was on levels of an Asthma drug that suggested they should have been laid up in hospital at deaths door while they were riding the Tour De France. Only came out due a russian hack if I remember correctly.

Bit different in the case of someone like Conor right now - he's blasting while he's out the pool and will probably taper and use the pulsing exemption to remain mildly juiced as he trains to fight Chandler.

Natty King and built from the Black Forge All Irish Beef

0_BANNER-GRABS-Conor-McGregors-insane-body-transformation-sparks-four-drug-tests-in-just-eight-wee.jpg

All I know is, if Roy fought Conor, Conor would have a 2" reach advantage
UFC146_Weighins_49.jpg

Victor Conte, BALCO, Lance Armstrong.....

Tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars on the line....

It's pretty fucking easy to do the math. Athletes in every sport are juiced to the gills.

Back