The investigation just GRU by another 12 indictments (Mueller Thread v. 18)

Let's assume Trump is compromised by the Russians. He can't communicate in any way at this point other than out in the open, meaning that everyone knows the meeting is occurring and where. You can also bet the house on the fact that there will be a period where NOTHING is recorded during the meeting. The thing with Trump talking to Putin in Finland for a long period of time and NOBODY knows what they discussed. You have to be a fucking moron to not realize what is going on.
The innocent explanations are so hard to believe these days.

The innocent explanations are so hard to believe these days.
They are ridiculous if one can step outside of ideology. Back on the idea of publicly known meetings, it's gotten so ridiculous and obvious that there is an awful smell surrounding Trump and the Russians...just imagine if it was found out that there was a back-channel communication going on. Regardless of what the content of the conversations were, the jig would be up. It's that bad.

They are ridiculous if one can step outside of ideology. Back on the idea of publicly known meetings, it's gotten so ridiculous and obvious that there is an awful smell surrounding Trump and the Russians...just imagine if it was found out that there was a back-channel communication going on. Regardless of what the content of the conversations were, the jig would be up. It's that bad.
Remember when people avoided even the appearance of impropriety?
Overpressure Farms remembers.

Trump has literally changed the nature of our subjective reality. It's bananas when you think about it.
Changed, no. He's riding a small but vocal wave of populism.
He's challenged it though.

I think most Americans see the wanna-be-dictator in him and are disturbed.

Changed, no. He's riding a small but vocal wave of populism.
He's challenged it though.

I think most Americans see the wanna-be-dictator in him and are disturbed.
The effectiveness is the most disturbing part for most of us. About 35% of the country is all in on his cult. It's really bad, precarious.

The effectiveness is the most disturbing part for most of us. About 35% of the country is all in on his cult. It's really bad, precarious.
It can be debated, but to my way of thinking it's getting very hard to distinguish Trump bots (the real ones whose minds are closed) from a cult. There doesn't appear to be a fundamental difference.

I liked Obama but if he'd attacked the press for reporting on an investigation of himself, I'd have blown a gasket.

Last edited:
It can be debated, but to my way of thinking it's getting very hard to distinguish Trump bots (the real ones whose minds are closed) from a cult. They're doesn't appear to be a fundamental difference.

I liked Obama but if he'd attacked the press for reporting on an investigation of himself, I'd have blown a gasket.
Well, had Obama done the things Trump has been doing, we would probably be in the middle of a civil war right now. At minimum, violent mass unrest. I'm with you on the reasonable limits of criticism (I'm fine criticizing Obama where it matters), but it's not a fair comparison. The Donny privilege is overwhelming.

Well, had Obama done the things Trump has been doing, we would probably be in the middle of a civil war right now. At minimum, violent mass unrest. I'm with you on the reasonable limits of criticism (I'm fine criticizing Obama where it matters), but it's not a fair comparison. The Donny privilege is overwhelming.

You mean white privilege on the white team.

You mean white privilege on the white team.
The racial difference in what people will put up with, comparing Obama to Trump, is just factually an extreme demonstration of white privilege. There is simply no avoiding this truth. Real is real, eyes see, ears hear.

The racial difference in what people will put up with, comparing Obama to Trump, is just factually an extreme demonstration of white privilege. There is simply no avoiding this truth. Real is real, eyes see, ears hear.

Obama had to be a magic negro that solved all the world's problems in his first year in office or he was a complete failure loser of a President.

Trump just has to not blow up the world and they'll call him the greatest ever.

Obama had to be a magic negro that solved all the world's problems in his first year in office or he was a complete failure loser of a President.

Trump just has to not blow up the world and they'll call him the greatest ever.
It's the peak of the effect, at least. We should be thankful this effect doesn't wash down at full strength, it trickles like Reagan's tax cuts.

That's an aspect I would like to understand. Why do we accept it?
Why from 45 but not 44? What is the difference?

I have my suspicions.

That's an aspect I would like to understand. Why do we accept it?
Why from 45 but not 44? What is the difference?

I have my suspicions.
Race is obviously the outlying factor to me. It's a bit perfect-stormy what with all the Tea Party jibber jabber, union busting, and the explosion of the internet and this weird Twitter generation, etc. But I have never heard a convincing argument that race is not the main ingredient.

Race is obviously the outlying factor to me. It's a bit perfect-stormy what with all the Tea Party jibber jabber, union busting, and the explosion of the internet and this weird Twitter generation, etc. But I have never heard a convincing argument that race is not the main ingredient.
That whole birther thing... I could never make myself believe it wasn't because Obama was brown.
It got started by Hillary as purely political dirt but Trump took that ball and ran with it.

That whole birther thing... I could never make myself believe it wasn't because Obama was brown.
It got started by Hillary as purely political dirt but Trump took that ball and ran with it.
No indication I'm aware of that the Kenya stuff had Hillary's blessing, and all indication it was internally squashed with prejudice. Anyhow, I don't see that as relevant. Even if a person doesn't see Trump as an explicit symbol of racism, he is absolutely an extreme racial antagonist (the birther movement was definitely racist), so the equation stays the same.

No indication I'm aware of that the Kenya stuff had Hillary's blessing, and all indication it was internally squashed with prejudice.
Was going on memory, it's admittedly fawlty.
See, I did a thing there.

Anyhow, I don't see that as relevant. Even if a person doesn't see Trump as an explicit symbol of racism, he is absolutely an extreme racial antagonist, so the equation stays the same.
He's an agitator and the worst divider of Americans in... ever?

Back