The majority of NFL starting QB's are Evangelical Christians, Jay Cutler only Satanist

Sanchez went to two divisional finals. That’s what happenes when you put an actual team around a QB. Like Tim in Denver. He was in the right place at the right time.

You don’t build confidence in a starting QB by allowing another “big name” to be expecting to share the playing time with you. No other successful team does that and that’s why the jets were the laughing stock of the nfl that season.

But hey they sold lots of clothing

And yeah their defense was bad one year then they picked up Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil which made their pass rush damn good allowing them 6 sacks each per game for the first 5 wins of the season.

Besides that no other team wanted Tim. In fact they would only want him as a tight end so the nfl has spoken about Tim. They didn’t want him.

Im not disagreeing with Tebow not being a top qb -- im disproving that he was ever a 1B back. They announced him as the Back up when they traded from him -- he was never portrayed by the Jets as a replacement until half way through the season and that was because Matt shit the bed, hard

He was qualified to be their back up -- if having a "big name" back up screwed with Sanchez then Matt was just a mental midget.

Broncos defense was still shit in 2011 -- despite being ranked 10th in sacks

Yes successful teams don’t pit two starting QBs against each other. Publicly stating they’ll both get starting time. That’s nots how teams do it.

Show me a successful team that has won that way. Oh that’s right it’s never happened and never will happen.

Lol at your SJW comment. Literally get a clue you bozo

It's funny how you have moved the goal posts from "Tebow brought down Sanchez's career", to "No NFL teams are successfull running a two qb system" after being thoroughly schooled on your first failed hypothesis.

No one is arguing with you about a 2 QB system being unsuccessul in the NFL, you complete retard.

Although I will say that Harbaugh did a good job designing packages for Kaepernick in '12 when Smith was starting early in the year and the 49ers made the Super Bowl.

Im not disagreeing with Tebow not being a top qb -- im disproving that he was ever a 1B back. They announced him as the Back up when they traded from him -- he was never portrayed by the Jets as a replacement until half way through the season and that was because Matt shit the bed, hard

He was qualified to be their back up -- if having a "big name" back up screwed with Sanchez then Matt was just a mental midget.

Broncos defense was still shit in 2011 -- despite being ranked 10th in sacks

Yet they played tough D the first 6 games of the season which also helped Tim make the playoffs.

When the jets got Tim they were running schemes where they were planning on putting him into the game and giving him Time. He wasn’t a good QB and when you do that it mentally crushes your true starter.

Why do you think no other teams do that? Because you need to build confidence around your starters. The jets were a mess that year and the locker room had almost no leadership. It’s the culture they built over there and they were the laughing stock of the league.

Do you remember at one point they were talking about him playing tailback. The team was such a mess but they wanted to sell merchandise. Wasn’t Tim the number 1 selling jersey of the year

You’ll never see a team like the Pats doing what the jets did that season. It’s not the culture they build for their team

It's funny how you have moved the goal posts from "Tebow brought down Sanchez's career", to "No NFL teams are successfull running a two qb system" after being thoroughly schooled on your first failed hypothesis.

No one is arguing with you about a 2 QB system being unsuccessul in the NFL, you complete retard.

Although I will say that Harbaugh did a good job designing packages for Kaepernick in '12 when Smith was starting early in the year and the 49ers made the Super Bowl.

You never schooled anyone. In fact you were wrong and so conveniently forget the talk of the nfl that season. Which was the jets being a Joke organization

Yes Tim being there turned the team into a circus. The jets ruined two players that season. Tim and mark.

Tim wanting the spotlight and putting Sanchez on thin ice ruined that kids career. They were both pretty much finished after that season. Tim wanted QB spot, he was offered other things but wanted to play QB and that lead to the disintergration of two players

But at the end of the day the jets office and coaching were the MOST to blame. Does that make u feel better

Football is a sport that has clear religious connections, from the Hail Mary pass to Touchdown Jesus to the Immaculate Reception. The likely permanent exit from the league of the NFL’s most famous Christian, Tim Tebow, left me wondering how many other quarterbacks have expressed their Christian faith in overt terms. The answer was eye-opening: based on my research, 24 out of 32 starting NFL quarterbacks (75 percent) are evangelical Christians.

In some ways, the results are not surprising at all, as we’ve become accustomed to football stars hoisting trophies and announcing, “First of all I’d like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” “Muscular Christianity” has a long history in this country, manifesting itself through organizations like the YMCA, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and the National Association of Christian Athletes. American Christianity has always had a masculinity problem, with fears that identification with “Gentle Jesus, Meek and Mild,” will turn otherwise virile males into wispy Victorian Jesus-worshipping nancy boys. Hence the almost obsessive focus in some Christian circles on a strong body being paired with a strong faith.

But I can’t help but think there’s something else at work here. Although the football audience is broad, it leans heavily toward working class or mid-professional level men, many of whom are likely to think of America as a “Christian nation.” As the team leader and the public face of the franchise, the quarterback must be a paragon of American masculinity—both in body and in spirit. In football there is a mix of Christian dogma, violence, and capitalism that seems to be an appropriate proxy for American culture. If American football is the sport of empire for the Rome of this age, then the quarterback is surely its most vaunted gladiator.

Here, in quotes, are the faith testimonies of the Christian quarterbacks of the NFL, as well as a few notable exceptions. Quarterbacks are listed according to Week 4 starts, although some injured franchise quarterbacks are also listed. Quarterbacks’ religious affiliation is indicated by the following symbols:

First the AFC, then the NFC, in Division Order:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/poptheology/2015/10/nfl-quarterbacks-christians/

So is HGH, like the holy ghost?

Yet they played tough D the first 6 games of the season which also helped Tim make the playoffs.

Tough D? They went 2-4 in their first 6 games and gave up an average of 24 points per game over that stretch.

When the jets got Tim they were running schemes where they were planning on putting him into the game and giving him Time. He wasn’t a good QB and when you do that it mentally crushes your true starter.

He barely took any snaps at QB when Sanchez was starting -- majority of his role was short yardage situation and he did average 2.3 yards in 3rd down run plays for first down. He didnt shit the bed in that role, but blame rex for trying a wildcat offense.

Why do you think no other teams do that? Because you need to build confidence around your starters. The jets were a mess that year and the locker room had almost no leadership. It’s the culture they built over there and they were the laughing stock of the league.

They had no backup -- they lost Brunel and were stuck with McElory who played 0 games in the NFL at that point. Again, pretty obvious that taking Tebow as a back up was not a bad move -- who else was available.

Sanchez was a mental midge if he couldnt handle a more popular backup, plain and simlple

Do you remember at one point they were talking about him playing tailback. The team was such a mess but they wanted to sell merchandise. Wasn’t Tim the number 1 selling jersey of the year

You’ll never see a team like the Pats doing what the jets did that season. It’s not the culture they build for their team

He took plays on special teams which he did well on and ran a few run options -- his stats were not bad. You cant blame any aspect of the NYJ 2012 season on anything Tebow did. Sanchez was absolute shit, they had no back up QB so they filled that void with a guy who had a winning record and a playoff win -- better than anything that was on the market at the time.

And no, manning was #1 and RG3 was 2

You do realize that the Pats signed Tebow as a backup qb at one point? Luckily, he didn't ruin Brady's career.

You do realize that the Pats signed Tebow as a backup qb at one point? Luckily, he didn't ruin Brady's career.

Lol yeah compare the Rex years of the jets with a well oiled machine like the pats. Just stop it.

Tebows role with the pats was completely differemt and so was the media frenzy following it.

Lol yeah compare the Rex years of the jets with a well oiled machine like the pats. Just stop it.

Tebows role with the pats was completely differemt and so was the media frenzy following it.

Again, No one is comparing the Jets to the Pats. Stop trying to move the goalposts. It reeks of desperation.

No one knows exactly what Tebow's role would have been on the Patriots because Tebow didn't make it out of training camp and Belichick was very secretive when asked about additional roles he had for Tebow. Most would agree that Belichick had larger plans for Tebow than just backup qb, otherwise he would have come out and said, "Tim Tebow is a backup quarterback and will be taking no first team snaps unless of injury" as to dispel the rumors and constant media questioning. I wouldn't put it past a smart coach like Belichick to have some designed 3rd and short and 4th and short plays designed for Tebow just to lower the risk of injury to Brady.

As, for the media frenzy. There was a massive media frenzy at the Patriots training camp surrounding Tebow. Tim Tebow a New England Patriot? Are you kidding me?

Do you even football bro?

Again, No one is comparing the Jets to the Pats. Stop trying to move the goalposts. It reeks of desperation.

No one knows exactly what Tebow's role would have been on the Patriots because Tebow didn't make it out of training camp and Belichick was very secretive when asked about additional roles he had for Tebow. Most would agree that Belichick had larger plans for Tebow than just backup qb, otherwise he would have come out and said, "Tim Tebow is a backup quarterback and will be taking no first team snaps unless of injury" as to dispel the rumors and constant media questioning. I wouldn't put it past a smart coach like Belichick to have some designed 3rd and short and 4th and short plays designed for Tebow just to lower the risk of injury to Brady.

As, for the media frenzy. There was a massive media frenzy at the Patriots training camp surrounding Tebow. Tim Tebow a New England Patriot? Are you kidding me?

In your last post you mentioned the pats. Now stop with your nonsense already.

The media frenzy around the jets signing him was huge and compeltely out of control. It was a publicity stunt For a team like the jets. The patriots are a compeltely different organization and they handle things far better than the shit show that is the New York jets. Those decisions eroded away that team an locker room.

I still think Tebow could have been an interesting qb/fb. Have him throw it 5-6 times a game to keep the defense confused. You won't get a lot of yards out of him but those will be productive plays. Marcus Allen, Randle El, Peyto, and Tomilson were all productive for the passing they did.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/nonqb.htm

In this role, Tebow would be a very effective passer. He most definetly is better than all thos non-qbs.

In your last post you mentioned the pats. Now stop with your nonsense already.

The media frenzy around the jets signing him was huge and compeltely out of control. It was a publicity stunt For a team like the jets. The patriots are a compeltely different organization and they handle things far better than the shit show that is the New York jets. Those decisions eroded away that team an locker room.

Yes, I mentioned the Pats after you wrote this... "You’ll never see a team like the Pats doing what the jets did that season. It’s not the culture they build for their team"

Are you really this stupid or just trolling?

I still think Tebow could have been an interesting qb/fb. Have him throw it 5-6 times a game to keep the defense confused. You won't get a lot of yards out of him but those will be productive plays. Marcus Allen, Randle El, Peyto, and Tomilson were all productive for the passing they did.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/friv/nonqb.htm

In this role, Tebow would be a very effective passer. He most definetly is better than all thos non-qbs.

I think that it would be interesting but I think that teams would obviously be looking for him to pass more than the other non qb passers mentioned and I think it would be tough to design pass plays for him out of the fullback, H Back or TE role which are the 3 non qb positions where he was projected most. Most non qb pass attempts come from the WR's and tailbacks because you can create more time and space from those 2 positions.

Yes, I mentioned the Pats after you wrote this... "You’ll never see a team like the Pats doing what the jets did that season. It’s not the culture they build for their team"

Are you really this stupid or just trolling?

Okay and? The media frenzy and publicity stunt that was the jets/Tim tebow signing was what causes organizations to crumble. That's exactly what happened.

Back