The narrative that Gaethje v Holloway is a pointless fight is incredibly dumb

if another ORG were to make the equivalent of the BMF Belt, their own "Most Raddest Bitch Motherfucker Belt" EVERYONE here would universally shit on it. but because it's UFC, it's not pointless? The hypocrisy, the irony, is laughable. And totally lost on these casuals here. For shame, sherdog. For shame.

Since 300 is supposed to a huge event, we expect spectacle. This is the only pure spectacle because its "meaningless."

All the other matchups may have happened anyway, which is why 300 is disappointing.

Since 300 is supposed to a huge event, we expect spectacle. This is the only pure spectacle because its "meaningless."

All the other matchups may have happened anyway, which is why 300 is disappointing.

It's not meaningless, not sure why you guys keep trying to push that fake narrative. Gaethje needs to fight again and Max is the most badass opponent he can face. The alternatives were Gamrot or Jalin Turner. On Max's end he has a chance to become a top contender at lightweight.

From this

- Gaethje KO'd the guy literally getting a title shot next
- Max is in a different weight class
- this is pointless because it does nothing for either fighter in their own division
- appealing doesn't mean it has merit
- max will not win
- this is a stupid ass, pointless match up, that only exists to sell ESPN+ subscriptions and get casuals watching. their rankings in their respective divisions won't alter after this pointless match up is concluded.
- no

To this

Max - performance bonus and fight of the night bonus

Good card. Delivered. A particular legendary moment that we will talk about for years to come. The day Max flatlined Justin Gaethje into the dirt.

I still think it's pointless fight afterwards. Max was probably going to fight Topuria no matter what. Gaethje lost his LW title shot. Only positive is the old LW guard might be done soon and it makes room for new guys up the ranks. No way you could book Max vs Islam and think this fight proves he's ready for that, maybe if Gaethje wrestler more.

- this is pointless because it does nothing for either fighter in their own division
- max will not win
- this is a stupid ass, pointless match up, that only exists to sell ESPN+ subscriptions and get casuals watching. their rankings in their respective divisions won't alter after this pointless match up is concluded.
- no
Wrong

I still think it's pointless fight afterwards. Max was probably going to fight Topuria no matter what. Gaethje lost his LW title shot. Only positive is the old LW guard might be done soon and it makes room for new guys up the ranks. No way you could book Max vs Islam and think this fight proves he's ready for that, maybe if Gaethje wrestler more.
Still wrong

Max has more of a grappling game than Gaethje and the cardio to go 5 rounds. Not that I would favor him but he's a more interesting opponent for Islam than Gaethje was. And he's not going to get knocked out like Volk was. Plus, think of all the LW matchups you can make with Max now.

Max has more of a grappling game than Gaethje and the cardio to go 5 rounds. Not that I would favor him but he's a more interesting opponent for Islam than Gaethje was. And he's not going to get knocked out like Volk was. Plus, think of all the LW matchups you can make with Max now.
In a sense I'm just expecting Islam to squash the old LW guard, I get what you mean. I still don't think Max proved anything new with this fight though to show he has toolbox for Islam. Maybe against Gamrot or Arman might show us more. Good point though.

In a sense I'm just expecting Islam to squash the old LW guard, I get what you mean. I still don't think Max proved anything new with this fight though to show he has toolbox for Islam. Maybe against Gamrot or Arman might show us more. Good point though.

Well on the feet he can hang with anyone and he hasn't shown any of the grappling weaknesses that the old LW guard has since early on in his career. I'd like to at least see him tested there. He was very inexperienced back in the days when he was getting subbed by Poirier.

It was weird, everyone assumed that just because Max lost to Poirier 5 years ago meant he couldn't hang at lightweight, while ignoring that Gaethje had been KO'd by that same Poirier.

It was weird, everyone assumed that just because Max lost to Poirier 5 years ago meant he couldn't hang at lightweight, while ignoring that Gaethje had been KO'd by that same Poirier.
Hey turkey butt, lol. Did you ever acknowledge that Poirier wasn't throwing out all that much fake news after all? ✌️🤪

Last edited:
- max will not win
- no
Damn… bad take

Hey turkey butt, lol. Did you ever acknowledge that Poirier wasn't throwing out fake news after all? ✌️🤪

Can't win em all. Didn't predict both Oliveira and Gaethje losing and Dana shafting Arman due to him not being popular. Should have carved out an exception for that. Did pretty good overall.

People saying Max was going to get destroyed because of what happened with Dustin were being dumb as hell (most people).

Picking Gaethje is fine, but this whole narrative that Max can't beat any good fighters at LW was ridiculous. It was obvious Max has not only improved since then, but also didn't take his fight with Dustin seriously. Basically just showed up.

Can't believe people thought top 3 featherweight of all time wouldn't be able to take on a top 5 current LW. Like people thought it wouldn't even be close...

Back