The Next Low Carb Nutrition Thread

Well I have lost another 10 lbs since my last post.

I had a great week for some reason. I think it was caused by overfeeding on Taco Bell as a cheat meal this past weekend. Since then I have been losing 1-2 lbs a day, while I was pretty much plateaued (although losing .2-.3 lbs a day) until then.

I guess I can't neglect carb loading. IT seems to really shock the system if you have been keto for 2 weeks straight and make it cut more weight.

I am now at 363, down from 437. Still a giant fat ass, but decent progress.

BTW that time I eat taco bell last week was the only time I can remember in which I did not gain water weight but actually lose weight since I have went low-carb. Does this mean that my carb sensitivity is decreasing?

It hints that insulin sensitivity has increased. But, Taco Bell also isn't the most carb-heavy fast food you could eat. The general lack of heavy starches plus the thinness of the refined products (corn and flour tortillas and shells) are less substancial than buns.

And the progress you've been making is excellent. Plateaus are normal, but a steady, definitive fat loss is as good as anyone can do.

Down to 356 since my last post, still making progress but it has been slower for some reason. For some reason it seemed to actually stall or I would gain weight when I started working out more intensely - this is a paradox considering my nutrition remained the same and you'd think the metabolism would speed up.

Depends on the type of working out. With protein intake relatively high, could have just been putting on muscle. That happens. And yes, it's very normal to curtail from huge numbers of fat loss to more slower but still steady ones. It's not medically healthy to drop a lot of weight very quickly of any kind.

This is a seemingly stupid question, for me.

What's consequence of consuming sugar alcohols when considering that they are hydrogenated? I never really knew about this in the first place. I'm not concerned about it, necessarily, but I'm having a discussion about it with someone.

We all "know" that hydrogenated oils aren't great for you in the first place, but are the same sorts of implications true of sugar alcohols?

Well I have lost another 10 lbs since my last post.

I had a great week for some reason. I think it was caused by overfeeding on Taco Bell as a cheat meal this past weekend. Since then I have been losing 1-2 lbs a day, while I was pretty much plateaued (although losing .2-.3 lbs a day) until then.

I guess I can't neglect carb loading. IT seems to really shock the system if you have been keto for 2 weeks straight and make it cut more weight.

I am now at 363, down from 437. Still a giant fat ass, but decent progress.

BTW that time I eat taco bell last week was the only time I can remember in which I did not gain water weight but actually lose weight since I have went low-carb. Does this mean that my carb sensitivity is decreasing?

Your results are awesome mate, very inspirational!

It takes a hell of a lot of courage to be a man of that size and post those numbers so openly and honestly.

If you'll forgive the pun, I'd say you've got a hell of a lot of guts to post your chart.

Keep us posted, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see how your results keep going man.

Just wanna chime in here and say Nemesis you're truely doing a fantastic job man. Keep it up!

So.. I was really really hungry on low-carb, even after adaptation - I can eat 12 eggs, 1 kg steaks and still be hungry. Nothing beats some good starches like sweet potatoes and lots of veggies for satiety for me (calorie per calorie at least)

I have found myself less hungry on low carb, as well as needing fewer naps.
Currently i am experimenting with different carb amounts and carb types to see how my body responds to them and am coming to the realization of why my body is the way it is/was and where i have gone wrong with nutrition prior to 22 years old ish when i started to actually eat "healthy" (because this can be relative).
I will likely transition to carbs on weekends for a refeed and remain low carb in the future but that will be after i'm done experimenting a little.

Last edited:
Keep going nemesis you've inspired me a lot!

Back