The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
To play devil's advocate is it possible that frieza is a necessary evil to an extent?

What I mean is, if we have one ruler as oppose to different army of races then universe has one structure. For example universe 9 has no specific super warrior and it's a universe full of war and despair because it lacks that one super warrior/ruler to keep everyone in check.

I assume frieza can become a more compassionate ruler as oppose to an evil one. God knows even when he was evil he still was much better than a God of destruction or at least beerus.
I see your point. I don't think Frieza has any interest in keeping people in check. He probably just wants to conquer planets and get revenge on Goku and Vegeta.

Beerus used to suck as a GoD, but maybe he'll do a better job now. And it would be better to dispatch Goku and Vegeta to deal with fighting planets. Frieza would do evil shit any chance he gets. Unless he was bluffing and he actually changed.

saying the arc doesn’t matter isn’t totally accurate.

God himself ordered the tournament. Everything pretty much doesn’t matter in respect to his power.

I see your point. I don't think Frieza has any interest in keeping people in check. He probably just wants to conquer planets and get revenge on Goku and Vegeta.

Beerus used to suck as a GoD, but maybe he'll do a better job now. And it would be better to dispatch Goku and Vegeta to deal with fighting planets. Frieza would do evil shit any chance he gets. Unless he was bluffing and he actually changed.

Beerus seemed like a slacker who likes to sleep and do his thing which is very cat like I suppose. Regarding Frieza, it is very possible that he is as evil as ever and that the next antagonist from one of the universes that was revived may end up going up against Frieza OR... Frost who is not trained goes and looks for revenge!

Remember, frost knows about the evolution of his people by watching Frieza transform BUT...Frieza doesn't know that Frost uses poisons which he can use if its just a regular fight. So perhaps you can have some storylines with Frieza going up against characters that much more sadistic than himself. Like if you look at it passionately, Frieza does what humans being do. Conquer inferior life forms and spare/integrate the ones that are worthy as soldiers.

I hate using that as an example because its very vegan like but from Frieza's own perspective, he doesn't look at himself as an evil being because he feels that he treats his subjects well if they do well and guys like Tagoma and Ginyu Force seem like they can get planets and have their own empires. Oh and his method of torture is nothing compared to real dictators and their torture methods.

Beerus seemed like a slacker who likes to sleep and do his thing which is very cat like I suppose. Regarding Frieza, it is very possible that he is as evil as ever and that the next antagonist from one of the universes that was revived may end up going up against Frieza OR... Frost who is not trained goes and looks for revenge!

Remember, frost knows about the evolution of his people by watching Frieza transform BUT...Frieza doesn't know that Frost uses poisons which he can use if its just a regular fight. So perhaps you can have some storylines with Frieza going up against characters that much more sadistic than himself. Like if you look at it passionately, Frieza does what humans being do. Conquer inferior life forms and spare/integrate the ones that are worthy as soldiers.

I hate using that as an example because its very vegan like but from Frieza's own perspective, he doesn't look at himself as an evil being because he feels that he treats his subjects well if they do well and guys like Tagoma and Ginyu Force seem like they can get planets and have their own empires. Oh and his method of torture is nothing compared to real dictators and their torture methods.
Frieza knows he's evil. He commits mass genocide for fun

He has generals like Tagoma and Ginyu because his army is huge and it would be tiresome for him to micro-manage everyone.

Frost's poison has to do with paralysis. Frieza can paralyze fighters by trapping them in an energy ball. He did it to Goku on Namek and tried to do it to Toppo.

Frieza did some sadistic torture on Namek, the worse being him impaling Krillin on his horn and bucking him over and over before dumping him in the water.

Frieza knows he's evil. He commits mass genocide for fun

He has generals like Tagoma and Ginyu because his army is huge and it would be tiresome for him to micro-manage everyone.

Frost's poison has to do with paralysis. Frieza can paralyze fighters by trapping them in an energy ball. He did it to Goku on Namek and tried to do it to Toppo.

Frieza did some sadistic torture on Namek, the worse being him impaling Krillin on his horn and bucking him over and over before dumping him in the water.

You are right, I guess I am on some Frieza bias high because he did such an amazing job and was an important factor for victory. But regarding Frost, Frosts poison really puts people out of business. Frieza can paralyze a fighter but Frost KO's them which is way more dangerous.

In a Frieza vs Frost fight, Frieza might end up getting beat that and Frost seems like he can get real strong as well.

29570750_1772926062769158_3944739562376129226_n.jpg

I enjoyed it and it went out well. It wasn't surprising but I did like that the Xenosamas had used it as a test to see if the mortals would be selfish or be unselfish with their wish.

Frieza and Goku teaming up was surreal, entertaining and fulfilling especially for the last episode. I don't think I want to see Frieza go full anti hero. Vegeta, Buu, Piccolo make sense but Frieza is still the genocidal maniac who is perfect as the pure evil guy.

17 is da real MVP.

I can't wait for the next series or whatever they have planned for after the movie. There is still so much untapped storyline with the more powerful universes that didn't compete.

Piccolo badly needs a power up. I was hoping it would happen here.

It’s ridiculous. I’m surprised that I’m the only one completely disappointed by Goku and Frieza teaming up.
Not in the slightest because if Universe 7 disappears, Freiza disappears and he'd have no domain to rule over. He loves himself too much to not exist and he'd rather work with his worst enemy than disappear.

Not in the slightest because if Universe 7 disappears, Freiza disappears and he'd have no domain to rule over. He loves himself too much to not exist and he'd rather work with his worst enemy than disappear.

I get the logic, it's just exhausting to see yet another enemy become an ally. I just really hate how they brought Frieza back and made him such a prominent figure; his arc was done and he was killed 2x. He's not even top 5 in terms of power level anymore and he got utterly curb stomped by the #4 in Toppo. It's hard to believe that he has any realistic chance of ruling anything at this point. Vegeta can obliterate him easily and Goku would barely have to move to annihilate him.

I get the logic, it's just exhausting to see yet another enemy become an ally. I just really hate how they brought Frieza back and made him such a prominent figure; his arc was done and he was killed 2x. He's not even top 5 in terms of power level anymore and he got utterly curb stomped by the #4 in Toppo. It's hard to believe that he has any realistic chance of ruling anything at this point. Vegeta can obliterate him easily and Goku would barely have to move to annihilate him.

I liked the character development tbh, these characters grown over the years instead of becoming caricatures of themselves. It would be like a pantomime having the charcters just stay constant and evil. We dont know if he's an ally yet, but we do know he has a limit to his ways which is the destruction of the universe aswell as himself.

Boo is that character that wouldve made U7 an instant favorite, he'd just heal and recover everyone's KI everytime theyre low. Atleast Freiza provides an extra element in the arc, about when he's about to turn on everyone etc. More for the writers to work with.

But I do hope he goes back to trying to take over the universe. Be the Joker to Goku's Batman.

Frieza was a temporary ally because of circumstance. He still hates Goku and would still try to kill him if he had the opportunity

At this point, I think Goku and Frieza will just stay in their own neck of the woods. Frieza didn't have any reason to go to Earth before he started feuding with Goku and Goku isn't the type to travel halfway across the universe to stop Frieza fucking with some random non-Namekian planets.

I liked the character development tbh, these characters grown over the years instead of becoming caricatures of themselves. It would be like a pantomime having the charcters just stay constant and evil. We dont know if he's an ally yet, but we do know he has a limit to his ways which is the destruction of the universe aswell as himself.

Boo is that character that wouldve made U7 an instant favorite, he'd just heal and recover everyone's KI everytime theyre low. Atleast Freiza provides an extra element in the arc, about when he's about to turn on everyone etc. More for the writers to work with.

But I do hope he goes back to trying to take over the universe. Be the Joker to Goku's Batman.

I just wish he would have remained dead like Cell. Frieza was straight up evil and his fight with Goku on Namek was a winner take all fight, IMO. He should have stayed dead after that. It's also how it was written originally. Plus we already have a villain redemption arc in Vegeta.

Frieza was a temporary ally because of circumstance. He still hates Goku and would still try to kill him if he had the opportunity

At this point, I think Goku and Frieza will just stay in their own neck of the woods. Frieza didn't have any reason to go to Earth before he started feuding with Goku and Goku isn't the type to travel halfway across the universe to stop Frieza fucking with some random non-Namekian planets.

I'm pretty sure that Goku is well aware of what is going on in Universe 7 now, and the whole Z team will be in tune with what's going on in all galaxies. Super opened the world up entirely and I don't expect them to close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back