The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that Goku is well aware of what is going on in Universe 7 now, and the whole Z team will be in tune with what's going on in all galaxies. Super opened the world up entirely and I don't expect them to close it.
You think that now Goku can probably best Beerus in battles, he's going to demand Beerus to stop blowing up planets? No.

As long as he's not threatening his friends on Earth/Namek, Goku nor any of the other Z fighters give a shit

just saw this

Toei Animation is set to establish a ‘Dragon Ball’ department. As of April 1, Toei Animation will launch an Anime Planning and Production Headquarters that will oversee all projects related to Akira Toriyama‘s hit series. The new Anime Planning and Production Headquarters is just another hint to fans that the Dragon Ball Super series is here to stay after rumors of the series ending had surfaced.

When I read this at first I thought it said there would be a new spinoff series focusing on Hit, lol.

I'm pretty sure that Goku is well aware of what is going on in Universe 7 now, and the whole Z team will be in tune with what's going on in all galaxies. Super opened the world up entirely and I don't expect them to close it.
Goku is a dumbass, since when he is worried about what is going on other than what he is going to have for lunch and if there is someone stronger than him?

The English dub changes can be really irritating. I was so stoked to hear "Well, what do you think of this color?" in English, but apparently they have to make some changes to accomodate the lip flaps.

James Marstars is settling in as Zamasu and doing a damn solid job and Schemmel has toned down the obnoxious British accent he added in Xenoverse 2 and has tried to go for an eloquent speaking style.

Also, props to Eric Vale. He sounds absolutely phenomenal as Future Trunks. His screams especially.

As for the finale, I personally loved it. I thought it was a nice touch giving the normally childish, amoral Zeno a bit of wisdom in wanting to see how mortals would use their wish. And the idea that MUI isn't something Goku can just go back to gives him more room in the future. I'm excited for what's next. I like the idea that 17's wish also restored the 6 universes Zeno destroyed pre-Dragon Ball and that the new evil comes from one of those universes.

Last edited:
What do we think about final form Zamasu? Is he as strong as UI Goku? He legit needed Zeno to wipe him out.

Thats bc he had immortality not bc he was that strong he was killed over and over but didnt die due immortality brahhhh

I get the logic, it's just exhausting to see yet another enemy become an ally. I just really hate how they brought Frieza back and made him such a prominent figure; his arc was done and he was killed 2x. He's not even top 5 in terms of power level anymore and he got utterly curb stomped by the #4 in Toppo. It's hard to believe that he has any realistic chance of ruling anything at this point. Vegeta can obliterate him easily and Goku would barely have to move to annihilate him.

It made complete sense though.

The universe was about to be erased. So the strongest fighters had to be selected. Feelings and rivalries had to be put aside because everyone’s survival was on the line.

Freeza and Goku only teamed up when there was absolutely no choice. Freeza stood by and didn’t help anyone the whole tournament and only stepped in when it was clear he was on the verge of being erased from existence.

Freeza has always been self serving and stayed true to that the entire tournament.

What do we think about final form Zamasu? Is he as strong as UI Goku? He legit needed Zeno to wipe him out.
I was actually thinking the other day what would happen if Jiren fought Zamasu.

I just can't see how any of them, Goku with MUI, Jiren at full power, hell even Vegito mastered ultra instinct who imo would be second only to Zeno and Grand Priest but how would any of them actually beat him? It took God to get rid of him properly.

Beerus would have wrecked him imo, or any legit GoD if they still exist at that point of time. At least according to the anime, Zamasu targeted the Supreme Kais that lead to the death of all GoDs. He never actually won any of them.

@5crew @kuromusha @TheRuthlessOne @lordsai @RJ43 @jojoRed

Which elimination was more epic? Goku vs Kefla or Frieza and Goku vs Jiren?

I prefer Kefla elimination tbh. I like Jiren as an character WAY more than Kefla, but I honestly felt the finale was underwhelming. The backflip in mid-air Kamehameha that UI Goku did and having the scene repeats 3 times in different angles was Epic as well. imo, the BEST Kamehameha we've seen in the entire franchise now.

We all knew Jiren is crazy strong, but nothing in this tournament from him made me went Holy shit! Him wrecking everyone was expected.

Most OMG WTF just happened? moments in Super:
1. Beerus Hakai Future Zamasu
2. UI Goku Kamehameha Kefla
3. Reveal of Black appearance
4. Goku first UI transformation
5. Hit's time skip + Goku Blue+Kaio-ken

I just can't see how any of them, Goku with MUI, Jiren at full power, hell even Vegito mastered ultra instinct who imo would be second only to Zeno and Grand Priest but how would any of them actually beat him? It took God to get rid of him properly.

Tien and Master Roshi can defeat him with the Evil Containment Wave. It almost worked in the arc but Goku being dumbass Goku forgot to give Future Trunks the seal.

I assume frieza can become a more compassionate ruler as oppose to an evil one. God knows even when he was evil he still was much better than a God of destruction or at least beerus.

I'm not so sure about that. That was grimy as hell what Frieza did to Bardock and his crew and then eventually Planet Vegeta.

EDIT: I just remembered Beerus did tell Frieza to rid the universe of Saiyans and their home planet. So that whole killing Bardock and blowing up Planet Vegeta thing might not have happened otherwise.

Last edited:

Goku vs Jiren, the stakes were higher at that point and we got UI Goku first version imo which was the best transformation since the first SS. Goku vs Jiren wasn't also 1 battle iirc, there were couple different battles. Kefla just felt boring because we knew Goku wasnt gonna lose and they just kept handing out transformations to the two girls like candy to try and even the fight.

Agreed, every god probably could beat Zamasu but he'd outlast them in endurance. He's immortal after all and isn't hindered by God rues of not jumping back and forth in time willy nilly.

Beerus would have wrecked him imo, or any legit GoD if they still exist at that point of time. At least according to the anime, Zamasu targeted the Supreme Kais that lead to the death of all GoDs. He never actually won any of them.

Doesnt that mean he beat them though? If he ever felt in danger he could time hop into the past and erase em. I dont think anyone other than Zeno beats him.

You think that now Goku can probably best Beerus in battles, he's going to demand Beerus to stop blowing up planets? No.

As long as he's not threatening his friends on Earth/Namek, Goku nor any of the other Z fighters give a shit
I hope that's not true.

I hope that either Goku and Vegeta keep Beerus in check. Or that Beerus is inspired to be a better GoD who only destroys shitty planets. And not blow up decent planets because he didn't like the food or something.

Goku and Frieza eliminating Jiren

It was a culmination of many many years of Dragon Ball fandom

I still remember watching Goku vs Frieza namek Saga on Toonami 4:30pm after school

Vegeta's reaction to them teaming up was the same reaction I had. I was just blown away by all of it

Frieza has some amazing lines in 131 btw

Frieza was MVP of that episode

"I can almost hear your heart shrieking. Afraid to become the weakling you once were"

Jiren got sooo shook after hearing that

1. Zeno
2. Grand Priest
3. Zeno body guards
4. Angels
5. 1 or 2 Gods of destruction ( maybe beerus)
6. MUI Goku
7. Jiren
8. Shiny Vegeta
9. Rest of Gods of destruction( Toppo included)

There is a top 9 I just made

Doesnt that mean he beat them though? If he ever felt in danger he could time hop into the past and erase em. I dont think anyone other than Zeno beats him.

No, it doesn't mean he beat them. It's like MMA fighters that got Visa issue that prevents them from traveling to other countries, it doesn't mean their opponent won the fight.

The Gods, including GoDs and maybe even Angels, follow the rules of not time traveling strictly. Even if Beerus felt the "danger", which he don't I will explain later, he won't time travel to HaKai Zamasu because he will follow the rules by the book.

The reason why I believe he don't feel the danger, is that it's another timeline. It doesn't affect him or any other Universe on the main timeline on the big picture. The only reason why he was remotely involved is because he knew Goku gang by then. So even if Future Zeno didn't step in, Zamasu spreading and killing the presumingly 12 Universes won't affect anyone in the present/main timeline. Beerus isn't in charge of preventing these to from happening, timeline fracture and all. His job is to destroy planets in the Universe he is assigned to, which he apparently does a poor job anyway considering the "low mortal level" which lead to Tournament of Power.

But that's just my opinion. Which is cool and all because we can have different interpretations that leads to fun discussions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back