The Official Fifa World Cup thread v19: England v Belgium and France v Croatia FINAL EDITION

Who wins the 3rd place trofee?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chris Partlow

Meet the Austrian team who lost 22-0 to Everton in friendly... and goalkeeper admits his favourite food is KEBAB

Pre-season friendlies are all about building fitness levels up and getting that communication back with your team-mates but Everton got more than they bargained for on Saturday.

This is how obscure this fucking team is. This article says they play in the 4th division, read another that said 7th. I said 6th yesterday because I found what league they played in and saw Austria’s 5th division on wiki and it said “relegation to (league they play in)” which doesn’t have a wiki page.

I bet this team doesn’t exist and they just played against fans in the stands

What cheating?

He was clearly fouled before the free kick.

Watch the different angles on the play, not just a still screenshot from Twittwe and reddit.

Sure, converting a PK in the biggest game of your career in front of thousands of fans in the stadium and billions of people watching on TV is statistically not hard.

Why did Modrić not concert that PK against Denmark if they are statiscally not hard?

That corner kick was pretty close to getting converted and sure, my stretch is just as much as you descrediting his performances.

Love you Doc, but come on.
It was a clear dive.

Put it on target, and the odds are heavily in favor that it goes in the back of the net. There were roughly 25 PKs in open play this WC and maybe 3-4 misses. You can find one miss or even a single tournament where the numbers may not be 80%+ for the taker, but overall it’s considered a massive flop if a shooter misses.

It was a goal had it not been for Perisic now? Again, I’m not saying he was a bad player. He’s a world class player, but I just don’t think he had his best performance this tournament.

Luff you, too.

Alright, World Cup is over.

Be back for when the season starts or maybe the ICC kicksoff.

Chelsea picking up Sarri and Jorginho (plus Kanté who's a new revelation to me) makes them an EPL side I may need to watch.

Didn't know you were into cricket

see my post above, but Messi was on fire that WC, and did much much more than Modric could dream of doing in a WC. I can't honestly remember who had a better tourney than Messi. Kroos was great. Van Pussie and Robben were amazing. Germany were more of a squad than having individual standouts.

Must be misremembering.

Thought Messi had a good group stage then an average KO stage.

My team of the tournament:

453e66e4264b050b3df3c831dcb62ccb.png

Yes because he didn't deserve it.

Didnt score a fucking goal all the way to the final and including it.

Edit meant in knockout stages not whole tournament.
You say the most incredibly dumb shit. If there wasn’t a distinction we wouldn’t have the golden boot

What is up with a lot of people in social media saying Africa won the World Cup? Aren’t all the black players born in France?

Checked on da twitter and there's a lot of black users saying this. Unironically, it seems.

You say the most incredibly dumb shit. If there wasn’t a distinction we wouldn’t have the golden boot
Messi did fuck all in the group stages that year, he didn't deserve it which most people argued after.

What did Messi do that year to deserve it? Score against Iran in the 90th minute.

@BeeCee what PL team do you support?! Can't wait for your Prem videos next season!!

Messi did fuck all in the group stages that year, he didn't deserve it which most people argued after.

What did Messi do that year to deserve it? Score against Iran in the 90th minute.
Repeating because apparently you’re having a bit of trouble with the concept:

You can have a great tournament/be a great player without scoring loads of goals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back