Goat cheese risotto balls recipe
A friend made this the other day from the allrecipes.com website
It was incredible.

Ingredients

1 (5.5 ounce) package dry risotto mix
4 ounces goat cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions

Prepare risotto according to package directions. Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour, until cooled.
Roll risotto into 2 inch mounds. Place a marble-sized chunk of goat cheese on each mound. Press cheese chunks into mounds, then roll mounds around cheese, creating balls.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and cook the risotto balls, turning occasionally, until evenly golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.

Nigella Lawson is all kinds of awesome.

Better Than Pancakes Pancakes

1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup sugar (equivalent substitute)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup cream
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

mmm mmm...

1 stick melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup cream
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

mmm mmm...

Thats gotta make an ass ton of pancakes.

I'm not sure what this is, but it reminds me of a Spicy Kimchi meal I had from a Korean restaurant once.

200g Hot Pastrami
Two big handfuls of spinach
4-5 Mushrooms
Spring Onion
1/4 cabbage
Garlic
Salsa

Lightly oil a pan. Chop your spinach, spring onions, mushrooms, and cabbage up and add to the pan. Allow to cook for around 5 minutes take or give and they will reduce in size. At this stage add the garlic plus some salt and pepper. Keep cooking and then add your meat. Cook for a couple more minutes and finally add your salsa on top. Mix thoroughly, cook until properly heated then serve. Tastes really nice. If you chop your cabbage into long thing strips it kind of reminds me of noodles. Great for low-carb days.

Macros work out to be something like 57p/7.8c/5.8f. Of course this will vary depending upon the ingredients you use and you could add more oil or such for the keto guys.

I'm a skinny dude and i don't care about fat consumption, as long as it's natural fat. I try to steer everything for protein first, fat second, carbs last. Kind of like the paleo diet but not near as strict or psychotic.

Some of my favorites:

Burger patty + pepperjack cheese + fried chopped onion + bread (optional)
[premade burger patties are cheap and easy, fry the onions in coconut oil. Don't bother draining any of the oil while cooking]

Goober burger:
Burger patty + peanbutter + fried egg + bread(optional)
[fry the egg in the grease left behind from the burger, toast the bread in the pan with a little of the grease and a tbsp of butter]

Fried cheese snack:
1tbsp of coconut oil, fry cheese. Add a ham steak for more delicious.

Tandoori Chicken breast + cashews + rice (optional)
Equal parts of ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric, salt, cayenne.
Coat the breast with the spice rub. Heat 1tbsp(per breast) of coconut oil in a pan, toss in the chicken breast. Personally, i cook each side for 2-3min, then remove the breast and slice into strips, then it goes back into the pan to finish cooking. This makes the meat really moist. When the meat is done, move them to the serving plate. Add cashews to the left over oil and spices in the pan. Add sriracha (cock sauce) if you want spicy. Roast the cashews and add them back to the plate.
The rice is the bedding, and requires nothing.

Mixed fruits + heavy cream + nuts/seeds
The heavy cream adds fat and flavor, it's like liquid cool whip. I think it is actually :icon_lol:

banana + 8oz milk + cinnamon + chocolate ice cream or chocolate protein shake
Kind of a junk food, but with the protein shake it's not breaking the diet. You'll have to experiment with this one, not every protein shake mixes the same. The current one i have does better with just water, then blended ice.

Let's keep this low-carb, there's a general recipe thread for general recipes. Some of the things involving more carb-heavy options can go in there.

1 stick melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup cream
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

mmm mmm...

My lady uses coconut flour as well, makes the pancakes protein fortified.

eh got carried away. Are we shooting for 0g carbs or something?
What part do you consider carb heavy? (ok yeah the mixed fruits stands out to me)

Well, I was just speaking generally, there was a recipe a few posts ago that also had either rice or potato in it. Most of the people looking in this thread for ideas are going to avoid the starches. So that wasn't meant to single you out specifically, just a general tone. We're not shooting for zero, but it'd be nice. Under 15g of what's called "impact carbs," ones that trigger a pancreatic response would be good.

On a sidenote, you said cock sauce.

24/7 Low Carb Diner: Pizza Crust Burger Buns?

Cheesy Crust/Buns: To make a small pizza crust, blend 1 egg, one cup grated cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese and a Tablespoon of coconut flour. Spread a circle on parchment paper very thinly and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until browned.

onion%2Bburger%2Blow%2Bcarb.jpg

I am dying for a burger, so I might give these buns a try.

Sweet Jebus, these are rich. Damn good, but rich. I cooked one up for a small burger and could barely finish half of it.

They're like a dense cheese bread with a mild coconut aroma. I'm cooking up a big pile to be eaten singly for lunches or snacks.

229188_10150190681273120_278093093119_6959181_908261_n.jpg

Chicken seasoned with garam masala, extra cinnamon, and fajita seasoning, a few onions and peppers.

Avocado, with a little lemon juice and garlic salt.

My lady uses coconut flour as well, makes the pancakes protein fortified.

I hadn't considered coconut flour. However, even though it only has half the protein, 4x the fat and 1/4 the carbs seems to make the almond flour is better choice, no?

I do love me some almond flour.

She puts A LOT of cinnamon in the batter, negates the carbs. That with the slowed absorption on account of the fat and protein content, it's a non-issue.

I like it for the fat.

Here are a couple that I have tried recently

CINNAMON-CRISPY PORK RINDS
1 ounce pork rinds
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Cinnamon/granular Splenda mix (make the mix to match your taste preference)
Spread the pork rinds out in a single layer on a dinner plate. Drizzle the butter all over them then sprinkle them liberally with the cinnamon/Splenda mixture. If you like, you can warm them for about 20-30 seconds in the microwave.

Per Serving: 289 Calories; 28g Fat; 13g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

This one was a pretty decent, easy to make snack. Kind of reminded me of fried dough in flavor.

DEEP DISH PIZZA
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in the eggs until the mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread the cheese mixture evenly in a 13x9 baking dish lined with parchment paper (if you grease the pan lightly first it helps hold the parchment in place. Bake at 375

Last edited:
Is there any such thing as pork rinds without pork in them? :(

While I am not sure how it would work as a substitue for pork rinds in a recipe, these have a similar texture.

CHICKEN CRACKLINGS

Take the skin off some freshly roasted chicken while it's still nice and hot. Arrange roasted side down (the soft fleshy side up) on a foil-lined baking sheet. Try to open up the pieces so they lie flat. Bake at 400-425

Back