The Official Recipe Thread:

Dont know if this has been posted.

But if your like me and cant stand the texture of cottage cheese this is where its at, I went from not being able to down the stuff to loving it and I eat it all the time now.

Its all up to you how much you use but this is it:
Dice up some radishes, (if im having a big bowl I usually use 5 or 6)
Next slice some green onions.
mix it into a bowl of cottage cheese (I use lowfat)
add some salt and pepper if you want
and your done.

I love it.

Paleo Shake N' Bake
  • 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast (preferably free-range organic)
  • 3/4 cup cashews
  • 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
  • Salt, pepper and basil to taste
Coat the chicken with the coconut oil; you may have to heat briefly in the microwave. Chop the cashews in a food processor until fine, and place the coated chicken and cashew "flour" into a large ziplock. Make sure it's closed, and shake until chicken is coated.

Place coated chicken in a baking dish, and top with pepper, salt, and basil; I randomly picked these, but it seemed to work well.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350F. I threw together a quick spinach salad topped with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, along with a small bowl of sliced cucumber splashed with apple cider vinegar.
lol looks like Sisson stole your idea
Coconut Encrusted Chicken Salad Recipe | Mark's Daily Apple

This is a simple recipe for grilled chicken which can be eaten alone or be used in different recipes that call for grilled chicken.

Recipe for grilled chicken:

2 Tbsps Olive oil
1 sprig rosemary, chopped
1 lemon zest
juice of half a lemon
Kosher salt
pepper.

In a mixing dish, combine the olive oil, lemon zest, rosemary, salt and pepper with the chicken. Toss to coat.

Throw the chicken on the grill.

When the chicken comes off the grill, almost all the salt and pepper will have dissolved or otherwise disappeared, so lightly reseason the chicken breasts, and finish with a squirt of fresh lemon juice.

An idea for a mediterranean inspired salad using the above recipe for chicken:

1 beet, finely sliced, seasoned, and sauteed
Cranberries
Chevre(soft goat cheese)
Walnuts or pumpkin seeds, or some other kind of nut. Pine nuts would be delicious in this.
Roasted peppers
Garden mix of greens(whatever you feel like really, strive for a mix of slightly bitter greens as the rest of the incredients are either sweet or sour).

Dressing:

3 parts oil(I would put a splash of walnut oil in if you have it)
1 part good balsalmic
Maybe a touch of maple syrup

Enjoy!

You can vary the ingredients as needed, its just a pot of greens.

First, veggies:
Grab 1 bunch of kale, 1 bunch of collard greens, 1 bunch of mustard greens. If you can't get one on those, double up on a bunch.
Grab an onion and some garlic.

Second, meat:
Grab 1lb of ox tail, cut into 4 pieces
Grab turkey, either 2 large legs/thighs or breast meat.

Third, herbs and spices.
2 16oz cans of veggie broth, star anise and tarragon. Also, if you like spicy, grab your favorite hot sauce (highly recommended). I like all kinds, but for this dish something smokey is awesome...like Tabasco Chipolte.

Bake the turkey at about 350 for about 20 minutes, more if needed. Just cook til done.

Whiles its cooking, get a big pot. Put in the 2 16oz cans of veggie broth and add approximately 3-4 cups of water. You can add more broth or water as needed, as the bunches of greens vary in size. Turn on medium. Throw in the ox tail.

Chop and sautee the onions till they start getting translucent. Add Garlic. Try to add the tarragon to the sautee as well, without mixing it in. It just needs to be heated and greased a bit to extract the flavor. Throw it in the pot with the a couple whole pieces of star anise.

Now add the greens. Make sure to chop and wash them first. Best method os to chop one bunch into salad size pieces, wash, then dump it into the pot. Greens take up a lot of space. Boiling them down makes room. Boiling it down should make room in pot by the time the second bunch is chopped and washed. Same with third.

After the pot is boiling, turn low and simmer. Once turkey is done, chopped it up and throw it in. This is simmered until the ox tail is fully cooked.

Makes a shit load of greens. Ox tail adds some fatty flavor. Turkey for the protein. Veggie broth is optional. Add or subtract as much as you like. Hell, use beef or chicken broth if you want. And no, the star anise is not vital either, but i like it. The hot sauce is what makes this anyway.

I'm cutting weight right now, so what I have for breakfast is egg whites scrambled in olive oil with green onions, tomato and cilantro. Its fuckin awesome. I generally have an apple or banana and some spring mix greens too. Looks nice on the plate and tastes great.

I'm going to try some of the easier recipes lol. Not much of a cook.

1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
1-2 tsp of honey
1/2 cup of fresh fruits (pineapple works great)

mix them bitches and fuck it up!

I usually have a salad with dressing for lunch im thinking about adding the chicken breast from those chicken roast. good or bad idea?

Three cheese Tomato vodka Cream Sauce

Minced Garlic x a bunch
Olive oil
Crushed Tomatoes x 2 32oz cans

Use these items all to taste
Salt
Vodka 4-6 shots give or take
Heavy Cream 3/4 -1 cup
Italian Seasoning
Parmesan Cheese
Romano
Asiago

Use olive oil to lightly brown minced garlic and Italian seasonings.

Once browned add tomatoes and vodka. Bring to light boil.

Add cheese to taste and cream. Sauce should be a pink color.

Lower heat and allow to simmer.

Done.

I love this sauce and after having it at a restaurant i experimented and created my own. I have no set amounts and only just perfected it tonight. When deciding on the amount of garlic put in what you think you need, then add more. Add salt, garlic powder and seasonings to taste.

Another added touch is to cut up Fresh (that part is important) mozzarella cheese and add it to the dish. Sauce is excellent on tortellini and ravioli or beef and chicken.

Here's my dinner tonight. Healthy on the outside, not so much inside, lol.

Double Bacon Cheese Bisonburger (serves 2)

Ingredients:
however much bison you want (we used quite a bit for each)
bacon
cheese
bun

1. Make 4 patties with the bison meat however big you want them
2. Throw some bacon in a skillet and warm it up
3. Put the bacon and some cheese on 2 of the patties and put the other patty on top of it
4. Press it all together to seal it up as best you can
5. Throw the burgers onto the grill (will have to flip a few times to make sure all of it is done)

Tasted great without any barbeque sauce or anything. I know bison is a healthy meat, but the bacon and cheese inside might have countered any health benefits, lol.

I was always under the impression that bacon was bad for you, and a lot of cheese was also. Then again, I'm not the most knowledgable person when it comes to nutrition, that's why I've been spending a lot of time reading the D&S FAQ. I could be way off with that, all I know is that those burgers were delicious :icon_chee

Bacon and cheese are both fine

When I don't have steak or beef hearts with my whole eggs for breakfast, I have 4-6 pieces of bacon. And cheese on the eggs is just a given :D

Alright, well in that case that was actually a pretty healthy dinner than, lol. And pretty damn delicious too.

This muffin recipe is very very good, (I posted this in one of the non-sticky threads below)

300g (1 1/2 cup) oat bran
6 egg whites
300g (1/2 cup) canned pineapple
50g applesauce
2 scoops of On Whey Protein (flavour is up to you, I like banana with this recipe)
2-3 Tablespoons peanut butter
Cinnamon and/or nutmeg to taste
2-3 table spoons of honey
1 ripe banana, mashed
1 cup frozen blueberries

Just mix everything together, bung in the oven at 190/375 for 20 mins, and Bobs your uncle!

1st 0ff im a pescotarian....sooo heres my usual breakfast...

-6oz container of light yogurt(vanilla,banana,or strawberry banana work best for this particular recipe)
-1/2cup of uncooked oatmeal
-1 small banana(also can use a 1/2 large banana,or an apple with seeds,stems removed)
-1 scoop of vanilla whey protein
-1 cup(use alittle more for a thinner shake)of water
-put all ingredients in a blender for bout a minute,or until blended and enjoy!!!

-in this recipe you get protein,calcium,fiber,potassium,complex high quality carbs,a host of other vitamins,and probiotics from the yogurt...

Back