The People's Champ, The Rock, pays homage to Conor McGregor

One GOAT recognizing another.

Whenever Conor's bored of MMA he could probably move into movies.
Play an Irish gangster.

he already bored with mma cause he quit fighting long ago.

Nice post. It's weird how people on this forum (and in general), and myself not excluded at times, lose objectivity so easily. Conor did what any smart opportunist would. He got in, got rich and got out. I don't know why people hate him for it. It's not like he stole their money.

cause he acts like the tough guy hiding behind his twitter.

He'll be back.

they didn't book artem on the same card as Khabib by accident. The confrontation and then later the bus Incident did not happen by accident. There are no coincidences.

The Khabib fight will be the biggest fight In UFC history. Conor Is no different than Floyd or any other celebrity / public figure. These people love money and the power, status and lifestyle that comes with It too much to just walk away.

nice try nothing that conor is doing shows he fighting again.

the saying is someone actions speak loader than words. conor said many times he fight again and it 5/20 and were all waiting still.

If you're going to try and shit on Conor's success as a fighter you could at least get the amount of titles he's won right. It's 5, not 4.

Lol at trying to pretend Conor hasn't proven to obviously be enormously skilled and one of the best fighters on the planet. Cause unskilled fighters routinely KO the #5, #1, and GOAT at FW, then move up and beat #4 and KO one of the GOAT at LW too.

cant be the goat when he fought so little times. whee that 5th belt. 2 in ufc 2 in cage warriors.

Titles won 4
Titles defended 0
Buses attacked 1

tenor.gif
He wins it in a way that he doesn't have to defend it. Leaves no questions. His performances are beyond defending the belt

Conor destroys conservative systems

Do they include Conor throwing things at a bus and his friends running around in circles on that documentary?

conor cant be the goat when he quit fighting.

I did not say anything about Conor being the GOAT, I said he is one of the best fighters in the sport, while Rock is nowhere near even a good actor. Your comparison failed, thats it.

McGregor Sports and Entertainment

289521_54_news_hub_234454_656x500.jpg

Promoting crime in your area...

I wish Conor's minions would create threads about his upcoming fight. We would all discuss the outcome etc.

But since he refuses to fight the only thing they can do is create threads about Instagram popularity, somebody else giving props to Conor or people's Instagram reaction to the bus fiasco. There should be a separate TMZ section for Conor on this board.

I am interested in fights and not in Instagram bullshit unrelated to that.

Never understood those who hate on him for being successful.

• disrespected all his opponents
  • got everything he has because of his personality...last i checked this is fighting and not a popularity contest
  • free shot at the title and the minute he had to prove his worth as a champion he decides to run and take his belts hostage
  • slaps ref, bus incident

nothing wrong with being successful but he's a selfish cunning psychopath and a total fraud, which is no wonder why he's so popular in america.

He needs to watch the documentary about how Conor became striped striped.

nice try nothing that conor is doing shows he fighting again.

the saying is someone actions speak loader than words. conor said many times he fight again and it 5/20 and were all waiting still.
Yes, the bus incident happened by accident.

Some people just aren't able to put the pieces together I suppose.

I'm sure you'll see eventually. You live in a fantasy world if you think Conor Is just going to walk away from the biggest fight in MMA history and his biggest MMA paycheck ever.

Yes, the bus incident happened by accident.

Some people just aren't able to put the pieces together I suppose.

I'm sure you'll see eventually. You live in a fantasy world if you think Conor Is just going to walk away from the biggest fight in MMA history and his biggest MMA paycheck ever.

conoe been ducking khabib since ufc 205 that what his actions show. his words about stay ready and all mean nothing.

he could of fought khabib in 2017 even after the Floyd fight like he said or just talk tough from his twitter.

I like how Conor is now described as a businessman rather than as a fighter.

The Rock would be a good analytical philosopher. Solid description.

The Rock is awesome. He also seems to conduct himself with consistent positivity and treats people with respect. Conor behaves like a coked up idiot who suddenly became ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: rich."

conoe been ducking khabib since ufc 205 that what his actions show. his words about stay ready and all mean nothing.

he could of fought khabib in 2017 even after the Floyd fight like he said or just talk tough from his twitter.
There's been the Issue of money / contract negotiations as well. If you paid attention to the post fight press conference and all the comments made about money, percentages, owning a stake In the company and things of that nature..Seems quite clear that this particular Issue is something that's been brewing for a long time.

Which makes sense when you consider how much Conor is being paid relative to the revenue that he brings In. Now, we are all very aware at this point that the UFC lowballs It's fighters as much as humanly possible..This is a very common conflict that has happened for quite some time and only continuing to increase. Most people will often support fighters In this dilemma, stating that the UFC should pay It's fighters. When It comes to Conor though, there Is an obvious double standard.

The reality though Is that this particular dilemma Is the biggest of It's kind in MMA. Conor Is asking for percentages relative to what other high level athletes / boxers have been making for a long time. Which isn't something that's been ever given to an MMA fighter before..so naturally you can expect such a thing to be a very long and drawn out conflict.

Again, there are politics / business and things of that nature behind the scenes that most don't take Into account. But It's quite clear that this Issue has been brewing for quite a while, he even outright stated It on his new years day tweet.

When It's the average fighter, they get full support. But because It's Conor, he's ducking. Sorry, but those sort of double standards just don't work. This sort of conflict Is a reality and the UFC Is just as much If not more to blame for things not happening at the idealistic speed that the fans would like.

tldr - Most people miss the bigger picture when It comes to the business / politics taking place behind the scenes

They are actually in very similar situations. They maximized the ability to earn money off the attention and popularity as opposed to skill in the craft. They are the equivalent of a company that produces an inferior product yet thrives off the strength of their marketing. The Rock may be the highest paid male actor (I think I remember hearing that) but can anyone really make the argument that he is the most skilled thespian? Same with Conor. He may be the king in regards to earnings, but the pay doesn’t reflect his skill. He’s not the best fighter any more than Rock Johnson is the best actor.

I don't believe anyone was ever stupid enough to believe that the BEST actors earn the most money, consistently. Hollywood is based on income. The most highly paid actors are the ones who star in the highest grossing films and help to drive their success. End of story.

The Rock is awesome. He also seems to conduct himself with consistent positivity and treats people with respect. Conor behaves like a coked up idiot who suddenly became ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: rich."
Could be playing full heel though. All the shit he does keeps his name In the news / keeps people Interested. Usually when It comes to high profile public figures / celebrities..who they are on the camera and off are two different things.

That said, living that life Is not easy I don't think. It's a new level of pressure. There's a reason why so many celebrities flip out, go crazy or whatever. It's not an easy life.

Both of those things are why I tend to tread lightly when It comes to judgement, although I can understand the sentiment.

Back