The PR Thread V

First time touching a weight over 50lbs in 5 months. Decided to do some deadlifts. Matched my previous PR of 345lbs. Last time it felt like death, this time it was as easy as pie. I think I could have gotten at least 360-370, maybe even 380. I didn't push my luck, though.

Participated in my first powerlifting meet over the weekend. It was a good experience at my local gym. Just matched my gym PR's, didn't cut weight, etc. Made all nine lifts. 340,205,405 = 950.

First time touching a weight over 50lbs in 5 months. Decided to do some deadlifts. Matched my previous PR of 345lbs. Last time it felt like death, this time it was as easy as pie. I think I could have gotten at least 360-370, maybe even 380. I didn't push my luck, though.

And the back didn't asplode'?? Awesome that's great progress. At one point didn't you think you'd never touch a barbell again?

Participated in my first powerlifting meet over the weekend. It was a good experience at my local gym. Just matched my gym PR's, didn't cut weight, etc. Made all nine lifts. 340,205,405 = 950.

Congrats on 9/9 and matching your training PR's in your first meet.

Press 60kgx1 - 5kg PR.

Needs more power chords.

Congrats man! That's awesome. matching all gym PR's in a lift is pretty good. :D

I hit 150lbs for 15 reps on bench today...the last 2-3 reps were so shaky it was hilarious. Never done that many reps on...well, anything before lol.:icon_lol:

Big congratulations, MW.

Squats: 255lbs x12!

..Never done that many reps on squats in my life...it was not fun.

Your back looked parallel to the floor when you started that pull..

Yeah noticed that as well, between my belly and short arms I struggle getting into a decent starting position-have you any advice on improving this? Will have to film more rep work going forward.

Squat 285lbs
Power clean 215 lbs
Both +10 lbs PRs
Gotta start a new log soon

Kinglee, it doesn't look like you locked that rep out.

Do you mean at the knees Cratos? Looks like I didn't tighten up once my hips locked out...

Back