THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a huge plot hole I noticed as well!

So when Micro is all drunk and telling Frank that he needs to watch out, because he's hung like a horse or whatever he said. And tries to prove it by taking off his pants. Neither of them seemed to remember that Frank already saw his ass naked when he had him strapped to a chair for several hours when they first met. If there was something to see, he would've saw that shit then..... big time goof!

Yeah that was my first thought as well. That had to be a result of re-writes and poor script supervision. Considering that the "hung like a horse" convo was for comedic effect and didn't add anything to the plot, they should've just cut it out.

And the show drags out too much in the middle episodes. Too much sitting around in the hideout, shootin the breeze.

Also he was too sane, too nice, and too human for my taste.

All that shit where he tosses around the football with the kid, or gets real chatty with Micro, it just doesn't seem like the punisher. The punisher I want to see is completely dead inside... someone who can't even act normal or relate to people on any level anymore.

I keep screaming "YA CAN'T PROTECT HER RICK!" at the TV while watching this show. I think I might be ruining it for myself.

Yeah that was my first thought as well. That had to be a result of re-writes and poor script supervision. Considering that the "hung like a horse" convo was for comedic effect and didn't add anything to the plot, they should've just cut it out.

And the show drags out too much in the middle episodes. Too much sitting around in the hideout, shootin the breeze.

Also he was too sane, too nice, and too human for my taste.

All that shit where he tosses around the football with the kid, or gets real chatty with Micro, it just doesn't seem like the punisher. The punisher I want to see is completely dead inside... someone who can't even act normal or relate to people on any level anymore.
another one I noticed is that frank refers to Curtis as a marine. Corpsmen are navy

I keep screaming "YA CAN'T PROTECT HER RICK!" at the TV while watching this show. I think I might be ruining it for myself.
At one point he literally does the classic Shane " l'maskusumthn" .

another one I noticed is that frank refers to Curtis as a marine. Corpsmen are navy

ffbfdc6923a68b92587a739afc9e89a29ccf841d68876a980c30cc91db678e5e.jpg

Frank probably meant it as a compliment. He also tells Daredevil that, "You would have made a damn fine Marine, Red". For a Marine, there's probably no higher praise he can give than tell someone they are fit to serve with his beloved Corp;)

And of course, Navy Corpsmen serve with Marine units.

Last edited:
Episodes 7 and 8 were very slow. Some good scenes, though, and a couple of possible homages/piss takes.

- Frank doing pull ups with the cinder block hanging from his waist by a chain may have been Marvel taking the piss out of the scene in BvS where Bruce Wayne is working out in between preping the Kryptonite grenades. He does exactly the same exercise, but with weight plates on the chain.

- The scene where Frank tries to snipe Rawlins only for the round to crack the ballistic glass is a homage to Marvel Max Bullseye; the Punisher tries to shoot the Kingpin but fails because the window is bulletproof.

- The fire-fight in E8 was well done, although I found myself shaking my head and muttering, "If you're going to shoot, fucking shoot! Don't talk to him, Stein!":rolleyes: The last scene with Billy helping to wash Stein's blood of her was genuinely creepy.

Here's a huge plot hole I noticed as well!

So when Micro is all drunk and telling Frank that he needs to watch out, because he's hung like a horse or whatever he said. And tries to prove it by taking off his pants. Neither of them seemed to remember that Frank already saw his ass naked when he had him strapped to a chair for several hours when they first met. If there was something to see, he would've saw that shit then..... big time goof!

It's definitely one of the best Marvel Netflix shows, I can see it being someone's favorite easily. Season 2 of DD is still the best for me, but this show was pretty damn great.

Maybe he's a grower and not a shower?

i loved how he

beat rawlins his head in THEN gouged his eyes out...that was so fuggin brutal..i was going FUCK YES...PUNISH HIM the whole time

Last edited:
Frank probably meant it as a compliment. He also tells Daredevil that, "You would have made a damn fine Marine, Red". For a Marine, there's probably no higher praise he can give than tell someone they are fit to serve with his beloved Corp;)

And of course, Navy Corpsmen serve with Marine units.
nah it's probably a writer brain fart. could be wrong though. as a marine these things stand out to me. didn't really take away from the show for me though. also there were a couple more little jargon misspeaks. like either frank or Billy calls themselves a soldier. I get the spirit of what they said but marines are marines and never refer to themselves as soldiers. soldiers are army.

all in all I enjoyed the show. fuckin watched it in 2 days

I'm on episode 11 and not tuned in at all. I've skipped a lot of scenes and fallen asleep mid-episode just to continue on without re-watching.

The showrunners took what should have been the easiest, most straight to the point Marvel story arc and turned it into an unnecessarily sluggish drama piece with three times as many plot points needed and a slew of forgettable minor and major characters. The Punisher in season 2 of Daredevil felt more like titular character than this garbage.

I expected the dialogue to be rough and the plot to be somewhat dull, but they've managed to exceed those expectations and shit on the action and thrill as well. We get small teases of the brutality we expect, and as soon as things heat up it's another weak ass sex scene with Miss Iran and handicapped Logan or a scumbag homewrecker Castle scene.

Ok thanks for that. I've been wondering what the fucking point. I'll have to see it play out before I give an official opinion but I have a feeling it wont be worth it but will see.

It wasnt. The entire subplot couldve and shouldve been carved out.

On last episode now and hes back to the real villains.

Also one continuity error I noticed
Didn't Karen get her gun taken by security when she went to interview the Senator? How did she have a gun all of the sudden in her bag to shoot Lewis in the foot?

Yeah I noticed that too when Karen uses the gun in the purse. I figured maybe she just grabbed another gun from one of the dead Anvil guys, but I haven't gone back to rewatch that scene.

I'm on episode 9 or 10. This is minor, but I thought it was stupid of Curtis to ..
Tell Lewis about how O'Connor is actually a fake. He saw first hand how unhinged Lewis was, I mean what did he expect to happen?

Yeah I noticed that too when Karen uses the gun in the purse. I figured maybe she just grabbed another gun from one of the dead Anvil guys, but I haven't gone back to rewatch that scene.

It's possible but it was strange how they made a point to show her look for her gun in the purse when the attack happens but she remembers it's not there. But they don't show a separate scene of her getting another gun. She does say in the interview with that detective that it wasn't her gun though so presumably she did pick up another gun, but where and how? They didn't put that part of the story very well. I felt that whole episode was a bit sloppy.

Anvil Security: Standing in one spot, staring in one direction, waiting to be killed. ELITE.

Last edited:
That spook's wife is so gd hot I don't know what it is about her but jesus christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back