The rematch paradox

Izzy is on a 4-3 run.

Of which the only debatable result was his win over Whittaker.

I don’t hate the Izzy rematch as he has been a work horse for the UFC and has taken on anyone and everyone. I would prefer they run Strickland vs DDP before Izzy gets the rematch. It’s hard to have any interest in Izzy vs Strickland two in 3-4 months, which is probably what they will try to do. It wasn’t a particularly competitive match. Strickland left the cage with literally no mark on his face…. Give 8ish months for them to run it back so it’s no so recent

Lol...paradox
princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

Lots of you "sherdoggers" are getting mad at Izzy likely getting the rematch

That's more do to with your lack of logic or ability to look at things objectively than it is with any weird misjustice or favoritism toward Izzy. Common to this forum though.

The reason Strickland got the fight in the first place is cause Izzy keeps an insane schedule, likes to fight every 3-4 months. Izzy was arguably always going to be on this Sydney card, as it was a PPV (not a fight night) and Volk was out. So always Izzy in the main event.

DDP was out, so Izzy not wanting to just chill and wait, did as he always does and calls out next in line, Strickland.
Izzy got Strickland to the dance in the first place.

All of the above, make Dana very happy. And remember this is not the first time Izzy has done this.
Dana also respects Izzy's schedule. That gets lots of Dana points.

Lastly, Dana loves how the last rematch he granted to Izzy turned out - the hype, the moment, the numbers, how Izzy delivered.

So Izzy will in in likelihood get this rematch. Based off what hes done of the company and the sport, and based of what he did for Sean Strickland.

So its hilarious, like in a mocking kind of way, to see all these sherdoggers mad and this fact, when they can't piece together a logical flow in their brains that...

"what a minute, all the things that are likely to get Izzy the immediate rematch.. are all the things that got Sean the title shot in the first place"

Here you are again, talking down to others. Meanwhile you used quotations around sherdoggers implying what, they're not real sherdoggers? You also apparently don't know what a paradox is and your whole post is explaining to people why izzy will get a rematch but no one is confused on why, it's just that he doesn't deserve it and people have every right to bitch about it.

Wow TS you made a thread about how big of an idiot you are? You’ve already got handled in other threads trying to be edgy. We get it dude, you wanted Izzy to win.

Overexplain it all you want, Adesanya does not deserve a rematch. Also look up the definition of paradox.

Last edited:
Izzy arguably shouldn't have even gotten the Poatan rematch. He sure as hell doesn't deserve one now. It makes no sense, especially after such a one-sided loss. Rematches should be reserved for insanely close fights where a long-reigning champion loses. I don't think there are any other circumstances where we should have immediate rematches. This was not a close fight, nor was Izzy a long-reigning champion, as he literally just won the belt back after being stopped by Poatan.

Bring on the rematch

Easy win for Strickland if that happens

This wasn't just some fluke KO

Sean exposed Izzy in all areas of striking offensively and defensively for 5 rounds and that was on short notice to save the card
You have a very good point, that was a total domination, it would take a long time to Izzy to reinvent himself to beat Sean.

Here you are again, talking down to others. Meanwhile you used quotations around sherdoggers implying what, they're not real sherdoggers? You also apparently don't know what a paradox is and your whole post is explaining to people why izzy will get a rematch but no one is confused on why, it's just that he doesn't deserve it and people have every right to bitch about it.

"No one is confused as to why"

Lol what cope. Read the threads.

And here's my definition of what a real sherdogger is. " a clueless mma fan who's posts are not objective or grounded in reality, who's posts get more garbage and nonsensical the higher "belt" they are, largely due to the echo chamber of stupidity nature of sherdpg forums"

I can provide examples forever of this

"No one is confused as to why"

Lol what cope. Read the threads.

And here's my definition of what a real sherdogger is. " a clueless mma fan who's posts are not objective or grounded in reality, who's posts get more garbage and nonsensical the higher "belt" they are, largely due to the echo chamber of stupidity nature of sherdpg forums"

I can provide examples forever of this

First I'll accept your concession on using paradox incorrectly in a thread where you are questioning others intelligence.

Second, my post has nothing to do with your definition of what a sherdogger is so that's a reading comprehension fail in a thread where you are questioning others intelligence.

Third, I have seen the threads about Izzy getting a rematch but I haven't seen a lot of people confused as to why. I see a lot of Dana White privilege, Izzy is marketable and Dana doesn't want Sean as champ. Haven't seen a lot of confusion on why he'd get a rematch, just mostly people disagreeing and saying he doesn't deserve it.

First I'll accept your concession on using paradox incorrectly in a thread where you are questioning others intelligence.

Second, my post has nothing to do with your definition of what a sherdogger is so that's a reading comprehension fail in a thread where you are questioning others intelligence.

Third, I have seen the threads about Izzy getting a rematch but I haven't seen a lot of people confused as to why. I see a lot of Dana White privilege, Izzy is marketable and Dana doesn't want Sean as champ. Haven't seen a lot of confusion on why he'd get a rematch, just mostly people disagreeing and saying he doesn't deserve it.

Lmao try again kid. In your effort to sound smart you shot yourself in the foot. I'm not correctly using the word "paradox" am I? Nice assumption, but like most braindead sherdog posts that's all it is. No example why, no explanation, no nothing - eg pure sherdog standard posting.

So I'll tell you what, you go be a good little boy and fetch the definition of "paradox" and I'll line by line show you the error of your ways

Lmao try again kid. In your effort to sound smart you shot yourself in the foot. I'm not correctly using the word "paradox" am I? Nice assumption, but like most braindead sherdog posts that's all it is. No example why, no explanation, no nothing - eg pure sherdog standard posting.

So I'll tell you what, you go be a good little boy and fetch the definition of "paradox" and I'll line by line show you the error of your ways

Again with reading comprehension. I never said you didn't know the definition of the word paradox. I said you used it incorrectly because there is nothing paradoxical about izzy getting a rematch. The precedent has already been set by him personally, and other champs. So since you used the word, what about izzy getting a rematch is paradoxical to you or what do you feel is paradoxical to others?

Izzy cashed his champ rematch card after Pereira.

If he would've defended the title 2 or 3 times since getting it back, I could see an argument made for rematch.

Time for him to fight a contender.

"sherdoggers"

Back