The Renergy Sandwich

I tried it without spinach (because I hate it) and it tasted good.

Thing is, a broke ass student like me cant eat this expensive shit all day...so...well Rener...how about some tips for some broke ass fuckoos like me? LOL

Eggs

just tried it with a little variation... i didnt have the sun dried kale

piece of wheat toast
almond butter layer
sauteed baby spinach
half avocado sliced on the spinach
2nd piece of toast w/ almond butter
fried egg
3rd piece of toast

pretty tasty, would eat this regularly if time permits in the morning

That's like an 8 dollar sandwich right there. Looks awesome, though. Drives me nuts how he wastes water by not turning it off between washing the avocado and the spinach.

Word. GJJ is all about efficiency right?

Could condense the lesson as usual RENER lol

There are about 30 grams of fat in one whole avocado. An average adult male should be eating something like 70-90 grams of fat per day. So yeah, avocados are high in fat, but it's not like you can't have any fat for the rest of the day just because you had half an avocado. And actually Rener IS kind of a beast.

I guess you didnt really READ my posts. I was saying that the 2 avocados would have been more than an entire days worth. and the half an avocado comment in relation to being a beast wasnt geared towards Rener, it was to the people that he is giving this recipe to... hope that helps clear that up :)

man he just kind of rubs me the wrong way. no idea why.

and that sandwich looks disgusting.

man he just kind of rubs me the wrong way. no idea why.

and that sandwich looks disgusting.

Really? Someone who's clearly passionate about BJJ and literally dedicates his life to it "rubs you the wrong way"?

That's sad.

Awesome Video, haha. He seems much more subdued in the morning.
His avocado placement method is superb. I would not have thought of that myself.
That does look like a hella expensive sandwich though.

Really? Someone who's clearly passionate about BJJ and literally dedicates his life to it "rubs you the wrong way"?

That's sad.

It is ok to share a hobby, passion, or sport and still not like everyone who does it.

I guess you didnt really READ my posts. I was saying that the 2 avocados would have been more than an entire days worth. and the half an avocado comment in relation to being a beast wasnt geared towards Rener, it was to the people that he is giving this recipe to... hope that helps clear that up :)

How much fat one should eat in a day is very debatable. There are so many mitigating factors to discuss. How you could say every person born, regardless of anything should eat 70-80 grams of fat a day is just silly.

lyotomachidafw (Lyoto Machida)
Having breakfast with @RenerGracie - Renergy Sandwich and Gracie Green Juice! Amazing! pic.twitter.com/gLZxpBD7AG

BIZA7aICAAA1_rQ.jpg:large

I sometimes wonder if Rener is now just parodying himself . . .

idk why, but i really like Rener's videos...For some reason I am willing to sit through a ten minute video of him making a sandwich...not many people can get me to do that lol.....daaang.

These damn sandwiches are shockingly good. I made one just because it seemed so strange and was curious, but I eat them almost every week now.

Gross. How can you eat a sandwich with no meat in it? There's no substance.

don't know that this crazy detailed video was totally necessary.

Ingredients
Whole wheat bread (toasted)
Almond butter
2 Avocados (soft or medium soft)
baby spinach
sundried kale (sunpowernatural.com)

(1) saute the spinach
(2) spread almond butter
(3) slice avocado and place on top of spread almond butter
(4) place dried kale on top of avocados
(5) place cooked spinach on top of kale
Done

macadamia nuts on the side

See? That's all you need. I can't stand Rener's videos, they're way too long. But I know his personality is what his Gracie Academy students want the most and will defend, so whatever.

I freaking love this guy lol.........

That being said as a professional chef I can't help but notice a lack of seasoning as he is cooking. You want to season in layers to build flavor. Season the avo, season the kale, season the eggs. If you want to avoid salt that's ok, but dried spices and fresh herbs go a long way and only add to the nutritional value!

Back