The Sherdog Counter-Strike players club

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIP go 1-3 after losing Cache 16-2 to Vega Squadron(who?) and fail to qualify for major.

Missed nearly the past four days of games because of work. Still in shock that NiP lost that badly. Was floored when i saw GTR's KDA in that game.

Still happy though, for Cloud9 didnt qualify : )

ELeague Major HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought the $35 dollar sticker/spray package. Decided today for the first time ever to use the in game Pick'em Challenge : )

Side note ESEA has been in the news again. Their database and game servers got hacked which led to the information being leaked onto the internet.

Then someone made a reddit post asking for community help with ESEA. Their premier team was relegated to main. To make room for another highly backed premier team who broke the league rules and should of been relegated to main.

The admins at ESEA took notice an defended their decision by stating their rules on move up/move down of teams is based on 'admin discretion'. An continually echoed this point in that thread. To the point that this ESEA admin tweeted out my comment towards him:

Bought the $35 dollar sticker/spray package. Decided today for the first time ever to use the in game Pick'em Challenge : )

Side note ESEA has been in the news again. Their database and game servers got hacked which led to the information being leaked onto the internet.

Then someone made a reddit post asking for community help with ESEA. Their premier team was relegated to main. To make room for another highly backed premier team who broke the league rules and should of been relegated to main.

The admins at ESEA took notice an defended their decision by stating their rules on move up/move down of teams is based on 'admin discretion'. An continually echoed this point in that thread. To the point that this ESEA admin tweeted out my comment towards him:

That's the guys that snuck bitcoin mining shit into their software like 3 years or so back, right?

]

You pay for sprays? Wtf bro why not make one?

VP/Optic and the Liquid/EnvyUS games were great so far. You can tell players brought their A game to this event.

Here are my Pick'em predictions.

I had G2 going out 0-3. I lost that one already...lol

Seriously who could predict RPK going off like that? Shox, sure. Scream, possibly. RPK!?!?!?!

That's the guys that snuck bitcoin mining shit into their software like 3 years or so back, right?

Yeah. Publicly the owner of ESEA proclaimed it was a joke gone to far. Then became the actions of a 'rogue programmer'. New Jersey DA filed suit against them because of it. In the court documents NJ had clear evidence that it was a collaborated effort for profit by the owner of ESEA.

Was going to start a thread about the Major.

Didn't see this!

GODSENT now. Love a bit of JW.

8D54F720CD8C2A70573B30F0F7B050E180784ACE

Watched all of the days up until today. Went to Cinema and other shizz.

Got back home in time for Godsent and North.

Epic. JW the GOAT.

Didnt do to bad for Groups:
FB54A6419BD899ECA8D768FE98DD039750C5B32E

Expected Hellraisers to show up in good form yet they came in completely flat. SK ran into NaVi and im still in shock with what RPK did with G2's first match.

My picks for the Quarterfinals to Grand Final:
C15315EC4EDC4CA3EC35247006A46B8F0842A136

SK fanboy here, see them getting past Faze with their map pool. But not VP in their current form since they share the same map pool.

Gambits playing better than Fnatic atm. Yet NaVi appears to be the unstoppable force atm.

RIP my Pick'ems, lol

Team structure wise Astralis were miles ahead of NaVi in that BO3.

Finally a Grand Final at a Major that delivers!

Viewership peaked at 1.4million : )

ELeague Major opening for the Grand Final via the crowd perspective:

I'm new to counter strike.. I've been playing deathmatch to get used to the gun feel and I think I'm learning pretty fast. Console pleb at heart but my keyboard/ mouse game is getting way better. I'm looking for people to play with and show me some stuff. add me on steam: Stankimus

Interesting to see how new teams after the shuffle will do. French "super team" definitely has the talent and skill, but that isnt always enough. Still cant wait to see them matched up with the likes of NaVi etc.

Also, curious to see how Fnatic will do, will they rise up to the top again with the bit more familiar line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back