The Sherdog Counter-Strike players club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for people to play with and show me some stuff.

Valve introduced a group finder a few months back. In the main menu where you see friends, a tab is next to it that says public lobbies. There it lists groups that are within your max ping setting while showing their average rank.

BO5's are way tooo long. Carmac was dumb to introduce that over BO3's.

Poland CSGO Valve Major was announced yesterday. Making all people who bought ESL Cologne tickets cry. PGL will be hosting the next Valve Major (an more than likely the last CSGO Valve Major of 2017).

ECS (FaceIT League) has now partnered with YouTube to broadcast their league matches. YouTube partnered with EPL earlier this year. Meaning Google is making their play to secure eSports on their platform. This move by YouTube actually gives opportunity for a lesser known CSGO league to secure a massive Twitch based sponsorship.

Valve also released a new map yesterday called Canal based off Venice. Probably the fastest defusal based map that is CQC oriented ever released by Valve.

Optic has now lost two players from their roster, with a provisional coach and player.

Liked it as one off thing.

Ive watched pro-CSGO lans and online league matches since 2013. BO5 finals are brutally long against top tier teams from a viewer perspective. For their map pools and map order normally forces it to the fifth game.

Yeah, im not getting the recent unban VAC and match fixers resurgence from Pro's recently.

That SK vs Faze final was freaking good. Fallens insane play to close out Train, SK making Faze look like Optic on Train in map 2, Faze showing they actually came to play on map 3 and constant back an forth of map 4.

Me smurfing in the Weapons Expert event this week:

F92B011A9A483B7AC4ECBCFF35F8FC1A1B20378A

Game mode is a ton of fun. Problem is the skill rank difference between players is insanely high. We were winning so bad i started doing my aggro smoke down Mid on CT to challenge Alt Mid from Brackets with the AWP. Something i never do in competitive, lol.

Now most of LANs with invites have 12/16, 8/12 and 6/8 invites.

Not many people remember back in early 2015 all EU teams complaining that NA teams were given to many spots at lans. Now its morphed into low quality NA teams who are popular getting direct invites. Cloud9 being ranked 6th right now on HLTV is laughable. Only reason they are there is by qualifying for lans via NA regional matches and then bombing out in groups at lan. While a team like Gambit isnt getting the proper recognition.

Minor system that Valve introduced is by far the greatest investment towards the future for the EU, CIS and Asia scene.

If anybody is interested I'm going to be hosting a 1v1 tournament soon. I'm hoping to do a 12 man. You'll have to 1v1 another player on a aim map. And if you make it past all your opponents you'll win a grand prize. a couple Steam games

Last edited:
t3_6nvzpm

Coldzera and SK looking unstoppable over these past two days of matches.

Forgive me if I'm not up to date but I thought SK wasn't too good anymore after they stop doing competitive 1.6

They won both Valve Majors last year, placed 3rd/4th at the last Valve Major with a stand-in and won three high tier lans in the four weeks. If you enjoy watching competitive CS. You are currently missing the absolute pinnacle of what any players can achieve individually and as a team right now with what SK are doing.

They won both Valve Majors last year, placed 3rd/4th at the last Valve Major with a stand-in and won three high tier lans in the four weeks. If you enjoy watching competitive CS. You are currently missing the absolute pinnacle of what any players can achieve individually and as a team right now with what SK are doing.
I would love to watch it but I'd end up pissing myself off back in my days I was the team captain.
And stress myself out. I would end up like one of those idiots yelling at the TV.

Everything else, well ELeague Major was better, even in games.

Sadly true. From the group stage to final all the matches were extremely close at the ELeague Major. Here is seemed like SK and Faze were burnt out from the past 2 month schedule.

Glad Gambit won though. Theyve been an underrated team for awhile now.

A brief history of SK's rise to the #1 team in the world(English subtitles are available):

Hoping a sports documentary team picks up on their story. For in eSports, their story is the most inspirational ive ever seen.

Hello everybody this is a demo of a new map. It's a remake of De train it takes elements from CS 1.6 in CS Global Offensive layout but has a completely original looking Style that is a old abandoned Urban environment with nature starting to take the buildings back. Anyways keep in mind that this is not done yet and I would appreciate your thoughts and opinions on it thank you for your time.

strikeforce-gsu-768x223.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back