The similarity between Calvinism and leftism

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

Here are some quotes by Calvinists explaining the Calvinist doctrine of Total Depravity. Substitute the word "depraved" with "privileged", "total depravity" with "white privilege". Sounds an awful lot like the talk fron the left.

Total depravity does not mean that each man is the epitome of the devil. For, as a matter of fact, man does not commit all the sins possible; and those he does commit are not always as bad as possible. Furthermore, we see that he can even perform a certain amount of relative good. … Total depravity means that natural man is never able to do any good that is fundamentally pleasing to God, and, in fact, does evil all the time (Palmer, The Five Points of Calvinism, 12-13).

When Calvinists speak of man as begin totally depraved, they mean that man’s nature is corrupt, perverse, and sinful throughout (Steele & Thomas, Five Points of Calvinism, 18).

To be totally depraved, however, does not mean that a person is as intensively evil as possible, but as extensively evil as possible. It is not that he cannot commit a worse crime; rather, it is that nothing that he does is good. Evil pervades every faculty of his soul and every sphere of his life. He is unable to do a single thing that is good (Palmer, The Five Points of Calvinism, 9).

What total depravity is meant to convey is the idea that sin has affected the whole person down to the very core or root of his or her being (Boice & Ryken, Doctrines of Grace, 71).

Quotes taken from here https://redeeminggod.com/total-depravity-calvinists/

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh look, another conservative that doesnt understand what the term white privilege means.

Oh look, another leftist who doesn't understand that disagreeing =/= misunderstanding.

We can disagree on how big or small of an effect it actually has, but on whether or not it exists?
If you are offended by the term it is because you don't understand it. Admittedly, it is a terribly worded term that hasn't done much good in trying to explain what it is trying to explain.

Let me ask you this, Is there no such thing as female privilege? Or male privilege? Do men and women not have some natural privileges and advantages over each other that they get for the sole reason of them being men and women?
Can a woman talk shit and throw a drink on a guy with relatively little fear of getting her ass kicked? Can a man do the same?
Can a man walk down a street at night in his boxers without fear of getting raped? Can a woman?

Having those natural advantages doesn't mean that every person in that group is living a problem free life and sipping on Moet while they get their toes sucked by LA 10s. It is just an acknowledgement that the playing field isn't entirely even.
It has nothing to do with thinking that the other is "depraved" or evil. It is not a demonization of men, women, or white people.

I'm not offended. I understand the "theory", it's nonsense. The rest of your babble has nothing to do with it.

And yet, you were unable to respond with an explanation of your thoughts, and instead chose to respond like a highschool girl.
Totally not offended.
<YeahOKJen>

We can disagree on how big or small of an effect it actually has, but on whether or not it exists?
If you are offended by the term it is because you don't understand it. Admittedly, it is a terribly worded term that hasn't done much good in trying to explain what it is trying to explain.

Let me ask you this, Is there no such thing as female privilege? Or male privilege? Do men and women not have some natural privileges and advantages over each other that they get for the sole reason of them being men and women?
Can a woman talk shit and throw a drink on a guy with relatively little fear of getting her ass kicked? Can a man do the same?
Can a man walk down a street at night in his boxers without fear of getting raped? Can a woman?

Having those natural advantages doesn't mean that every person in that group is living a problem free life and sipping on Moet while they get their toes sucked by LA 10s. It is just an acknowledgement that the playing field isn't entirely even.
It has nothing to do with thinking that the other is "depraved" or evil. It is not a demonization of men, women, or white people.

It's a stupid, stupid, stupid term. There is nothing encapsulated by "white privilege" that we don't see a more extreme version of in, say, China where it would be labelled "Han privilege". It is not something that comes from being white - in general, it seems to have more to do with being a part of the demographic predominantly responsible for building the society in question.

The fact that so-called "white privilege" is readily compared to female/male "privilege" not only proves the idiocy of the claims of "white privilege" but it proves the racism of its advocates. The "privileges" you speak about men and women having are predominantly based on biological differences between the two. Your implication, therefore, is that white privilege is based on a genetic advantage that whites have over non-whites.
Which, as you may or may not know, is pure racism.

It's a stupid, stupid, stupid term. There is nothing encapsulated by "white privilege" that we don't see a more extreme version of in, say, China where it would be labelled "Han privilege". It is not something that comes from being white - in general, it seems to have more to do with being a part of the demographic predominantly responsible for building the society in question.

Thats exactly right, and in America it is called White privilege. In China it benefit Han Chinese, and probably needs a different name. Most of us don't live in China though.

Glad you have come to realize that white privilege is real. Sorry you dont like the name.

Thats exactly right, and in America it is called White privilege. In China it benefit Han Chinese, and probably needs a different name. Most of us don't live in China though.

Glad you have come to realize that white privilege is real. Sorry you dont like the name.

So then, it's not "white privilege"? Maybe "homeland privilege"? It's got nothing to do with race, it is based on historical accomplishment.

And of course the name bothers me. Lol. I'm sure "black criminality" positioned as an international problem would bother lots of people as well.

So then, it's not "white privilege"? Maybe "homeland privilege"? It's got nothing to do with race, it is based on historical accomplishment.

Its not genetically encoded in white people if that is what you are asking.

It happens to be benefiting white people in the USA. Thats why it has that name.

It happens to be benefiting white people in the USA. Thats why it has that name.

And that's a huge fucking problem. You Americans need to grow up and appreciate your disproportionate influence over global social norms, mores and conversations through the export of your absurd culture.
It is not "white privilege" because that term "white privilege", in the global context in which you guys throw it around without apparently even knowing it, is a misnomer. A massive and racist misnomer.

Though, even in America, it's a silly term, considering how privileged black Americans clearly are.

And comparing China to the states was a mistake on my part. They don't have Han privilege, they have Han supremacy.

Last edited:
It does sound very similar to the left's attitude toward President Trump. (Nothing that he does is good)

The fact that so-called "white privilege" is readily compared to female/male "privilege" not only proves the idiocy of the claims of "white privilege" but it proves the racism of its advocates. The "privileges" you speak about men and women having are predominantly based on biological differences between the two. Your implication, therefore, is that white privilege is based on a genetic advantage that whites have over non-whites.
Which, as you may or may not know, is pure racism.
Awesome, you understand what it means then.

As I said in a previous post, I don't like the wordage. Using a positive word about another race in order to describe the negative situations of another race makes little sense, and as we can see by how so many people take and misunderstand the term, it is unnecessarily divisive. It also makes it seem like there is some fault or blame, when it isn't what it means. I understand why people don't like the term---I don't like it. But it doesn't mean what so many people often misinterpret it to mean.

And no, you misunderstand my point. There is nothing racist about the term. Just like there is nothing inherently sexist about many examples of male or female privilege.
They are not based on purely biological differences, they are based on cultural and social differences.
Why is it more socially acceptable for a man to fart and burp in public compared to a woman? Why are women less likely to be suspected of crimes?
That isn't biology or genetics, it is social and cultural.

The "privilege" that whites have is social, cultural, and historical, not genetic. Just like there would be Han privilege in China. Call it "Homeland" privilege" if that makes you feel better, but the idea is the same, and it exists to different degrees no matter where you are.

lol Blame your ancestors if this shit triggers you. You hear it more for white people, because white people conquered and colonized a lot of the world.

I've been compared to a lot of things for being a liberal.

But a Calvinist?

This well beyond Fonzie jumping a shark. Both fish and man have now been yeeted straight to the moon.

You skipped his whole second paragraph... So you are agreeing to the thought that it is a biological difference making white people superior?? Who's the racist here?

You skipped his whole second paragraph... So you are agreeing to the thought that it is a biological difference making white people superior?? Who's the racist here?

Is that what I said? Let's check.

Nope. You are just a bad faith piece of shit. Get fucked.

blacks have more privilege than whites, fact

Back