The song 'Kashmir' is overrated.

I feel the same way. Kashmir is so so, but the Immigrant Song is straight up annoying.

And when they feature it in a movie trailer...

<{hfved}>
I don't even know how to respond to that.

I feel the same. I really hate that song but I think that's because it's overplayed as fuck.

Dazed and Confused is probably my favorite Zep

“To each their own” or something like that probably suffices.
Only because I like you. And I foresee eventually needing to add you to me legal team.

Honestly as well hard rock/metal as a genre clearly devolved after the 70's playing to a much narrower audience who weren't interested in a diverse sound that Zep had.

Metal has devolved into if you can't play good, play loud and scream the lyrics! There was such a wide variety of music being written and played in the 70s as musicians experimented with the electronics available and also incorporated music from cultures around the world. The bands that made a lot of money could break out of the molds that record producers had forced musicians into. No more of the 3 minute songs and there was much more experimentation with non traditional instruments.

Metal has devolved into if you can't play good, play loud and scream the lyrics! There was such a wide variety of music being written and played in the 70s as musicians experimented with the electronics available and also incorporated music from cultures around the world. The bands that made a lot of money could break out of the molds that record producers had forced musicians into. No more of the 3 minute songs and there was much more experimentation with non traditional instruments.

Honestly in some respects I think Zep inherited the mantle of the Beatles, obviously there style differed considerably but a very popular mainstream band with a diverse sound that pushed the envolpe rather than sticking to a narrow window.

Everyone hating Kashmir is on crack lol. The Simple HARD ASS drums, the breaks, the vocals, were fucking wicked. So many people tried copying that style. Some hip hop artists stole so much from Led Zep they probably made their careers off of it, which is why hip hop is the most unoriginal art form ever.

Everyone hating Kashmir is on crack lol. The Simple HARD ASS drums, the breaks, the vocals, were fucking wicked. So many people tried copying that style. Some hip hop artists stole so much from Led Zep they probably made their careers off of it, which is why hip hop is the most unoriginal art form ever.
yeah all of Led Zeppelins songs were original {<jordan}

interesting fact, Led Zeppelen never released a single, only ever albums with no singles off them
This is not true. They released many singles. In fact Hey, hey what can I do? was not on any album but was the B side of The Immigrant Song single.

First time I heard zeppelin was late 80s never a fan liked a few select songs.

It's a good song but it's not life changing

People overvalue older music because they remember it from when there wasn't such a massive amount of competing artists and music to choose from
no it's just analog sounds better

I don't like something that is culturally liked, therefore it is overrated.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't understand where culture plays into this.

Song still being played and talked about 42 years later.

yup overrated

Opinions on sherdog are overrated

If it weren't still talked about and played on the radio all the time it wouldn't be overrated, now would it? I don't think the fact that we're talking about it now at all contradicts the point that it is overrated.

Yeah, that flew over my head. Something being talked about 42 years later best fits the criteria of being overrated . Whether it is or isn't is another question.

LOL, no.

That song is fucking genius.

Didn't you write a dissertation on Rick and Morty? You think everything's genius.

Last edited:
It's a good song but it's not life changing

People overvalue older music because they remember it from when there wasn't such a massive amount of competing artists and music to choose from
nah older music was definitely better overall. RNB rock jazz country, anyone who is into music will tell you that. Also there were tons of artists back then as there was a huge singles culture and even minor ones who didnt get famous had more talent than mainstream ones do now. The only people who say there wasnt a wealth of different kinds of music to listen to back then are people who arent even really into music and have only heard classic rock radio. now artists can't even sing in key or play in time. they need software to sound like they do. back then if you sucked it was caught on tape like a microscope.

Last edited:
This is not true. They released many singles. In fact Hey, hey what can I do? was not on any album but was the B side of The Immigrant Song single.

He was talking about Led Zeppelen, not Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelen never released anything.

Back